Huge amount of rice missing in Phichit

Lite Beer

Huge amount of rice missing in Phichit
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Army's inspection of rice warehouses has found that almost 47,000 tonnes of rice is missing from a company's facility in Phichit's Bang Mun Nak district.

The information was presented at a recent meeting presided over by Phetchabun Army commander Maj-General Sawai Palakan that was convened to follow up the progress of seven teams checking 83 rice warehouses and 16 silos in Phichit's 12 districts.

The meeting heard that the inspection was 70 per cent complete and so far 46,961 tonnes of rice was missing while some broken rice grain was mixed in two silos.

As a result, the Army told the Commerce Ministry's Public Warehouse Organisation to file a police complaint while rice samples were submitted for quality checking.

The Phichit inspection is scheduled to finish next month.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Huge-amount-of-rice-missing-in-Phichit-30238975.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-20

• Like 1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With almost 47,000 tonnes of rice missing from a company's facility in Phichit's Bang Mun Nak district, I wonder how much that would be in 'percentage' of what the company is supposed to have stored at those facilities?

• Like 1

I think you will find that there will be well in excess of over a million tonnes of rice missing, and the facts are.... that rice probably never existed... Only the paperwork and receipts for it did.

They produce the paperwork and is handed to the BAAC to collect the cash.

Tens of thousands of crooks may be involved from farmers who never grew any rice to Commerce Ministry and BAAC officials.

But ultimately two people at the top are to be blamed the most.... The PM who oversaw this are their policy to get the into power, and the Chairperson of the Rice scheme,,..... and they happen to be the same person who is currently on her way to the airport with offspring and probably plenty of luggage that won't be checked.

That person will NOT be back and to be honest, if this is the case then I will have lost all confidence in the junta.

You make it seem like one of those games Thai seem to like to play on their mobile. Raising a farm and 'producing' crops, getting bonus points and the like biggrin.png

• Like 2

1. Thats a hell of a lot of rice to disappear

No it's not that much. It would only have taken about 47,000 pickup trucks(which trunk to bonnet would stretch from Phichit to somewhere near Songkla) to come and taken it away. Easily missed, perhaps the warehouse manager was having a little siesta?

As has been said many times by the forum neutrals. The rice scheme was designed to win Thaksin an election, and enable him, his clan and his cronies to steal unprecedented amounts of money. That it would be totally ruinous for the farmers it was trumpeted to benefit was known from the first, check back on ThaiVisa to when the scam started and you will see the results were obvious to nearly all TVF members. Anybody that raises an eyebrow to the growing list of evidence of the thieving should be ashamed of themselves. You were warned.

Hmmm, not bad only post #6 and post #13 to have Thaksin, Thaksin, Thaksin, Yingluk, you make me laugh,

your first port of call should be the head honcho of the storage facility, he is responsible for what go's in and what comes out, end of story, and then do you really think the rice ever existed? AAAHHhhhhhh,,, Thaksin, did it ,Thaksin's guilty, Thaksin paid someone to take the rice, and it's on the moon with Elvis.

• Like 1

<snip>

That person will NOT be back and to be honest, if this is the case then I will have lost all confidence in the junta.

I totally agree, and I issued those exact comments a few days ago when her permission to flee vacation was announced.

As I said then, obviously a deal has been struck with Thaksin. Let little sis go, I (Thaksin) will bow out and the PTP are yours to do with as you please.

No it's not that much. It would only have taken about 47,000 pickup trucks(which trunk to bonnet would stretch from Phichit to somewhere near Songkla) to come and taken it away. Easily missed, perhaps the warehouse manager was having a little siesta?

As has been said many times by the forum neutrals. The rice scheme was designed to win Thaksin an election, and enable him, his clan and his cronies to steal unprecedented amounts of money. That it would be totally ruinous for the farmers it was trumpeted to benefit was known from the first, check back on ThaiVisa to when the scam started and you will see the results were obvious to nearly all TVF members. Anybody that raises an eyebrow to the growing list of evidence of the thieving should be ashamed of themselves. You were warned.

Hmmm, not bad only post #6 and post #13 to have Thaksin, Thaksin, Thaksin, Yingluk, you make me laugh,

your first port of call should be the head honcho of the storage facility, he is responsible for what go's in and what comes out, end of story, and then do you really think the rice ever existed? AAAHHhhhhhh,,, Thaksin, did it ,Thaksin's guilty, Thaksin paid someone to take the rice, and it's on the moon with Elvis.

The rice sceme was Thaksins idea.

• Like 1

I think you will find that there will be well in excess of over a million tonnes of rice missing, and the facts are.... that rice probably never existed... Only the paperwork and receipts for it did.

They produce the paperwork and is handed to the BAAC to collect the cash.

Tens of thousands of crooks may be involved from farmers who never grew any rice to Commerce Ministry and BAAC officials.

But ultimately two people at the top are to be blamed the most.... The PM who oversaw this are their policy to get the into power, and the Chairperson of the Rice scheme,,..... and they happen to be the same person who is currently on her way to the airport with offspring and probably plenty of luggage that won't be checked.

Depends on how you look at it. If she does not come back it pretty much seals the deal for PTP corruption. Any case brought up against them will have a tainted view because of her running from the law and her brother who every one knows was calling the shots both living in a self imposed exile rather than defend charges against them

The Shinawatra's dream of a dynasty is dead..

• Like 2

You are dreaming. Elvis is not on the moon.

• Like 1

Nobody is claiming that Thaksin made money from this particular case. However he very cynically, even by Thai standards, fostered and augmented the atmosphere of corruption for his own ends. The results are still visible everywhere. I could go on but I would be banned from TV.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Add... more and more discrepancies / serious discrepancies are being found. There is a strong chance that red / easily corruptible warehouse owners had, some time back, already taken an attitude of 'don't worry, nobody will be allowed to touch us'.

Now an obvious question ' where would the protection have generated from'?

• Like 1

<snip>

I totally agree, and I issued those exact comments a few days ago when her permission to flee vacation was announced.

As I said then, obviously a deal has been struck with Thaksin. Let little sis go, I (Thaksin) will bow out and the PTP are yours to do with as you please.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Not only do we lose him but we lose the whole red shirt movement.

with out them Thailand's chances for reunification triple.

To all of these TV members who still think that this gang of thieves was actually helping Thai people, it is never too late to accept the truth....

Not one politician is trustable, nowhere, but it is amazing how this bunch has set new standards.

Are all these warehouses "government" or privately owned?

If privately owned then surely any responsibility for discrepancies must lay with the warehouse owner?

If "government" owned the responsibility would surely lay with the warehouse managers and their superiors in the govt department responsible for warehousing rice?

• Like 1