Gov’t House Renovation Briefly Stalled By 'Ghosts'

Lite Beer

Gov’t House Renovation Briefly Stalled By 'Ghosts'

By Khaosod Eng.

BANGKOK — Government House officials were forced to perform a religious ceremony yesterday after construction staff allegedly encountered paranormal activity during their effort to renovate the building.

An army officer said he experienced smells of "ancient perfume" as he and other soldiers were moving furniture from Naree Samosorn Building inside the Government House compound yesterday morning.

"I was so scared that I had goosebumps," said the officer, who did not name himself. "Because I know that many people have been haunted at Naree building."

The operation was immediately halted, and Government House officials later organised a ceremony to appease the spirits who are believed to reside in the building. The officials lit incense and "informed" the spirits that they merely wanted to renovate the compound so that the Government House would be more beautiful.

Army staff claim they have not encountered any spirits since.

The renovation of the Government House was ordered by military junta's National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), which ousted the former government from the compound on 22 May. The renovation will be restricted to minor decoration and the repairing of old buildings, with the main structures left unchanged as the Government House is currently registered as a protected historic site by the Department of Fine Arts.

Media reports claim that the renovation comes with a price tag of more than 300 million baht. NCPO officials have disputed the figure but refused to unveil the exact cost of the project.

Many bureaucrats who work at the Government House are known to be deeply superstitious. Reporters stationed at the Government House have been told that many staff routinely witness ghosts in the building. Notable encounters include a red-clad ancient warrior, a royal steward, and a headless woman dressed in traditional costume.

Last year, a rumour spread among Government House officials that then-Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra was about to face a serious political crisis after an unusual amount of mushrooms were spotted in the compound.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1405849448&section=11&typecate=06

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-07-20

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the mushrooms were a result of all the bull$#it that is being tossed around the government offices these days!

I think if you read the post the mushrooms were found during the Yingluck administration...

But you are correct they do thrive on Bull s#!t.clap2.gif

Or maybe someone just farted !

regards worgeordie

Yes, there was a whiff of 'ancient perfume' in our household this morning. All it took was a 5 minute visit to the hong naam and the malevolent presence soon disappeared.

• Like 1

At least that is more acceptable to the Thai population than the corruption excuse. Remember the 20 000 baht clocks and the air conditioners in the garbage rooms.

I wonder if Chalerm has an air con in his garbage room at home or a 20 000 baht clock in his car owned by his sons friend that lives in Singapore!!!

The PTP. Gotta miss their idiocy and poor excuses for the corruption.

I wonder if the PTP ghosts are corrupt. Might pay for the NACC to check there dealings as well.

<deleted> we are in the 21st century, not the dark ages. These are supposed to be educated people not uneducated serfs.

See what a everybody passes school system gives you. Happy happy w00t.gif

300 million for minor renovations, must be all those new administrator charges. Ka-ching Ka-ching. But of coarse, these figures will be audited by independent agencies cheesy.gif Things are much cleaner now

An army officer said he experienced smells of "ancient perfume" as he and other soldiers were moving furniture from Naree Samosorn Building inside the Government House compound yesterday morning.

Probably some of Yinluck's perfume she left behind.

"NCPO officials have disputed the figure but refused to unveil the exact cost of the project."

Ghost presences, ghost numbers and ghost statements all wrapped into one...ghostly gift to the future.

Brilliant.

clap2.gif

• Like 1

Sweet lord, and these are the ones who think they can 'reform' the country!

Ghosts, seeing them and praying to them seems part of Thailand's interpretation of Buddhism. No Thai will see anything wrong or funny with this.

Now of course if you think this ghost story means you (have to) wonder how come the army thinks they can 'reform' the country you seem to imply that there are no Thai (at all) who can reform the country. ermm.gif

Ghosts, seeing them and praying to them seems part of Thailand's interpretation of Buddhism. No Thai will see anything wrong or funny with this.

Now of course if you think this ghost story means you (have to) wonder how come the army thinks they can 'reform' the country you seem to imply that there are no Thai (at all) who can reform the country. ermm.gif

No Thai???

My wife - she is Thai - does not believe in ghosts.

So you are wrong again, Rubi.

No Thai???

My wife - she is Thai - does not believe in ghosts.

So you are wrong again, Rubi.

No offence, but with a member name like yours one might think she just says so to humour you. Also something typically Thai (or maybe just wifey?)

On the other hand your wife might just have gotten herself the job of reforming Thailand wink.png

Stay cool and away from ghosts,

uncle rubl

• Like 1