Do you Believe in Ghosts?

Costas2008

My brother in law opened a new restaurant. Next door business is a Thai restaurant that has been in business for many years.. Two days ago my sister caught the thai restaurant owner's wife hanging something on a tree growing in our patio. She grabbed and opened. it was hair wrapped in paper towel, maybe something else. My sister took it with gloves, put it inside a plastic bag and handled to the Thai restaurant owner. He started screaming at his wife all sort of insults... Then he apologized saying she was buddhist and she just cut her hair and wanted to put it high on a tree bla bla bla some odd explanation followed.

Can someone tell me what is that or what it means, or what they were trying to do?

Thanks!

My brother in law opened a new restaurant. Next door business is a Thai restaurant that has been in business for many years.. Two days ago my sister caught the thai restaurant owner's wife hanging something on a tree growing in our patio. She grabbed and opened. it was hair wrapped in paper towel, maybe something else. My sister took it with gloves, put it inside a plastic bag and handled to the Thai restaurant owner. He started screaming at his wife all sort of insults... Then he apologized saying she was buddhist and she just cut her hair and wanted to put it high on a tree bla bla bla some odd explanation followed.

Can someone tell me what is that or what it means, or what they were trying to do?

Thanks!

Yes theyre nuts ignore them.

Thanks!

sounds like a curse or black magic spell

What I saw, the people I met, were definitely not here or from here, and I never had such an imagination that I could have made the all thing up.

I saw relatives that I had never met, they knew me, and I later checked with my parents did exist.

Also it was a road accident and when it happened, my mum who was not there, started being distressed and was convinced something happened to me, she told me later that she knew somehow that I had an accident and she cried "No, not my daughter don't take her".

My step-dad thought she was going mad, told her to calm down.

I later found out this was the same moment that I was told "you have to go back" and I woke up back at the scene of the accident.

Everyone told me it was a miracle I was alive, even the guy who had crashed into me said he could not believe I was still there.

My parents were called to come to the hospital and my Mum got frantic, realizing she was right, something HAD actually happened to me.

At the hospital my parents told me the all thing, if it had not been for my Mum calling me back to Earth, I would have died that day.

Miracles, oh dear, the same miracle where 190 die in a plane crash and one survives, thats a "miracle"

A miracle would be the other 190 surviving.

Miracles my arse.

• Like 1

No, I do not.

According to the Population Reference Bureau, the earth has been populated by nearly 110 billion humans to this day.

If ghosts were real, there would be approximately 103 billion of them walking around and doing "ghost things". We would see them everywhere. And what about all the dead animals?

Of course a strong believer would argue that "you cannot see them, at least not all the time", well why then do a lot of people, even on this forum, claim to have actually seen a ghost or at least heard a ghost doing something or whispering a few words? And do ghosts have some magical invisibility powers that allows them to choose when they are visible? That's ridiculous.

Having said that, if you want to believe in ghosts, that's fine. Doesn't bother me.

• Like 1

Costas, I have seen too much not to believe in them but I think thais take it to as whole new level. They use ghost as an excuse for everything that goes wrong, saves face a lot of the time for them, crash the car, plane or bike, it was a ghost that caused it, crappy building job, it was ghosts that made the wall collapse etc plus it means profits for the ghost busters here so they push it too, how else can they sell all those god awful charms.

As a professional ghost hunter for over 50 years . I have never seen a ghost. But I can defiantly say I have physically felt some some strange things. And chages in atmosphere. Why are most ghosts only seen and felt in the dark. Mainly because black is the most feared couloir know to man. Which points to your own imagination.

I was always, fascinated, in my life, about ghosts and paranormal activities.

I’ve heard and read, thousands of Ghost stories and appearances all over the world.

I thought that England had the lead on Ghost stories till I came to Thailand.

Thais, do believe that ghosts exist, and many have seen them also.

Every day we read about a ghost story in Thailand and I can’t understand the reaction of so many members on TVF condemning or ridiculing the Thais.

Why?

Why, would I believe some ex-pat members and not the experiences of a whole nation?

Why wouldn’t members give the Thais the benefit of the doubt?

I would like to hear your opinions on this subject.

A long time ago some people thought the earth was flat and the sun revolved around it.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, some did the earth was flat, but it was actually far less people than western tradition suggests. A great deal of civilizations were quite advanced and never thought the earth flat. Indeed, in ancient Egypt the circumference of the earth was calculated with startling precision. However, it is nearly universal the sense that something remains, or returns, or lingers with regard to humans dying. The varying experiences both in meditation or shamanic rituals and near death experiences throughout the ages have informed in many ways the sense that some part of us can exist separate from the body. Of course, in all these cases the body still lives, somewhere, but lives. This does not confirm that the body having that "experience" of out of body would still exist if the organism died. But there really is so much more in the various cultures that speak to a common "something" that if ignored is done so ignorantly.

Yes, traditions and legends are often polluted with downright foolishness, superstition and a great deal of fear. But some cultures have highly evolved concepts of spirit, or soul, or ghost, without the nonsense attached to Hollywood-like concepts. I personally believe most things can be explained by very natural or as yet unexplained mechanisms of the natural order of life. I see nothing miracle or supernatural about the possibility. Yet I believe if there are ghosts it is nearly holographic-like memory, similar to akasha concept, acting out in a manner that speaks more to the circular nature of time rather than linear passing. I have no idea if such entities have the wherewithal of personality or survival of "self," but I think its fair to say the organs of the senses and their prosthetics- science- are not yet equipped to plumb these waters. One thing is certain: making intellectual sense out of this topic has likely never been more dumbed down and difficult as it is in this modern TV age.

• Like 1

The last thing I believe in is ghosts.

But something eerie kept happening May and June this year.

I own a small resort, and the restaurant, which is upstairs, is closed during the low season, but then I am often sitting there behind the laptop all by myself in the evening

One and a half years ago, my sister in law's ex husband died in a work accident. The guy had been working in my place for years before he separated with my sister in law about three tears ago. Since April this year, the sister in law plus her 8 year old son she has with her ex husband are staying with me.

Sitting alone in the restaurant in the evening, I often heard somebody stepping very lightly coming upstairs, but looking up I didn't see anybody.

Later my wife told me it was her sisters ex husband, who very much wanted to be here, and was often sitting in front of the resort. He was also appearing in his infant son's dreams, till the child told him he had a new father already (the sister in law's new boyfriend), and that he should go. After that, the appearances stopped.

Edited by keestha

I’ve heard and read, thousands of Ghost stories and appearances all over the world.

Every day we read about a ghost story in Thailand and I can’t understand the reaction of so many members on TVF condemning or ridiculing the Thais.

Why?

Why, would I believe some ex-pat members and not the experiences of a whole nation?

A long time ago some people thought the earth was flat and the sun revolved around it.

Yet I believe if there are ghosts it is nearly holographic-like memory, similar to akasha concept, acting out in a manner that speaks more to the circular nature of time rather than linear passing. I have no idea if such entities have the wherewithal of personality or survival of "self," but I think its fair to say the organs of the senses and their prosthetics- science- are not yet equipped to plumb these waters.

I believe that if there are ghosts, it is a nearly digital quality phenomenic "copying" analogous to binary coding, but not exactly dependent upon it (more a spiritual than a binary coded imprint on a mental RAM board , as it were), but compounded with essences from, as in the ancient temple trances of Ithaca, a more fleeing vibrant tone of essences.

Digital before digital as it were, the computer spirit of a pre-computer age.

And in this time of science who can tell if this "quantum digitisation" as I call it, is the herald of a new science or just some hogwash I cobbled together that I admit has no meaning at all, but at least I know that it doesn't.

• Like 1

Why?

Yet I believe if there are ghosts it is nearly holographic-like memory, similar to akasha concept, acting out in a manner that speaks more to the circular nature of time rather than linear passing. I have no idea if such entities have the wherewithal of personality or survival of "self," but I think its fair to say the organs of the senses and their prosthetics- science- are not yet equipped to plumb these waters.

I believe that if there are ghosts, it is a nearly digital quality phenomenic "copying" analogous to binary coding, but not exactly dependent upon it (more a spiritual than a binary coded imprint on a mental RAM board , as it were), but compounded with essences from, as in the ancient temple trances of Ithaca, a more fleeing vibrant tone of essences.

Digital before digital as it were, the computer spirit of a pre-computer age.

And in this time of science who can tell if this "quantum digitisation" as I call it, is the herald of a new science or just some hogwash I cobbled together that I admit has no meaning at all, but at least I know that it doesn't.

Wow! IMO, what a brilliant, concise concept. I don't disagree with you at all. If you permit me, I would like to share something briefly in PM. I once wrote about this, but certainly not as clear and succinct as you (I tend to verbosity).

I have read a considerable amount of E. Lazslo's works on Akasha and the new/old paradigm. I must confess this comports most brilliantly with the topic here, though he remains considerably more academic then our post. The most amazing part of this Theory of [nearly] everything is it marries perfectly with my Vedanta beliefs. Thank you for posting this. How nice to know other minds ponder these things.

I feel a bit disappointed to reach my age and never seen a ghost, maybe they feel me haunting a house is enough.

Having not seen one, I have no reason to believe they exist.

have you ever seen an electron?

The existence of electrons can be proved. The existence of ghosts cannot.

Soon as there is verifiable evidence for ghosts, God, or Father Christmas, then I'll change my mind. Something that people "who have faith" in something, are unable to do.

I feel a bit disappointed to reach my age and never seen a ghost, maybe they feel me haunting a house is enough.

Soon as there is verifiable evidence for ghosts, God, or Father Christmas, then I'll change my mind. Something that people "who have faith" in something, are unable to do.

so is that a yes or a no?

so is that a yes or a no?

What a pointless question. It's not about visual stimuli, it's about whether something can be proved, or not, with evidence.

Get with the program.....

What a pointless question. It's not about visual stimuli, it's about whether something can be proved, or not, with evidence.

Get with the program.....

the guy suggeted that if he cannot SEE something he has NO REASON to believe it exists. I asked if he had seen an electron. you decided to butt in and change the subject. if you dont like my question, then dont bother butting in. how does that sound sparky?