Renew Thai License

binnsy1

I have a one year Motorbike license and it is due for renewal when I will get a 5 year license.The problem I have this is due on 23rd August but I will be in Bangkok on this date not Buriram where it was issued is it possible to Renew before the old one has expired or can I renew it upon my return to Buriram on the 29th August.

i believe, no problems on that.

i remember people being late and still renewed their license.

still, just let a Thai person call Department of Transport and ask them about it as Army administration is changing rules and regulations overnight nowadays.

I think you have a week or so either side grace?

I did ine last month, other than having to redo the ridiculous tests with the lights, string and foot peddle it took all of 5 minutes

• Like 1

You can renew up to a month before expiry. You can also renew after expiry (heard of people renewing months after expiry even) but that would mean that you are riding without a licence which could cause problems in case of being stopped by the police or being involved in an accident etc etc

The strange thing, about the 1 year license, is that you should only renew it after it expires. They will only give you another 1 year license if you renew it before the expiry date. They will give you a 5 year license if you wait till after it expires.

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk 2

The strange thing, about the 1 year license, is that you should only renew it after it expires. They will only give you another 1 year license if you renew it before the expiry date. They will give you a 5 year license if you wait till after it expires.

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to say that your post is incorrect. You will only get another 1 year license if you are on a tourist visa. If you have Non-O, you will get the 5 year licence.

My (old) license was due to expire in August. I renewed it last week and the expiry date is now Dec 2019 (they will give you 5 years plus the extra days/months till your birthday.