High-society woman shot dead by Swiss husband: police

Lite Beer

It is sad, he could have just killed himself. It was her gun, can anyone living in Thailand own a gun?

Offen wonder if you can carry mace or taser? A lot of women in US that I know carry mace just wondered

If it's the same in Thailand?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they sure the husband killed his wife and then himself with the gun? Is it not possible that she killed him and then herself? After all, it was her gun.

Fair point, but if the statement from the security guard in the later news report in this thread can be believed, that seems unlikely:

"...The condominiums chief security guard, Wacharin Sukthongsa, told police he was driving his car immediately before the killings and saw Castellazzi fire several rounds from his balcony, one of which hit Mr Wacharin's car..."

I think "if" is the right word there.

I'm usually not into speculating but the reports say she was shot in the head, he was shot in the face, you would think it should be the other way round in a this situation, who the hell shoots themselves in the face?

This could simply just be incorrect reporting and both were actual head wounds but I would imagine it's not beyond a wealthy and influential Thai family to find a security guard who could state it was the husband who was shooting at his car beforehand.

Whichever or however it occurred, still very sad.

• Like 1

You know, in UK, handguns are banned. Very few firearms aren't banned. What does an honest person need a handgun in his house for?

I am not advocating one way or another, but if there were no guns in that house, then there is a good chance we wouldn't be reading this report.

One more thing? A SIX floor condominium? Good luck to them for living in one, but I didn't know such things existed

Ever hear of a knife?

What a crock. I've heard of knives, hammers, chainsaws, pitch forks and a number of other sharp items. However they were all designed with other functions in mind, unlike guns.

And had the husband not had access to a gun, he would have used another weapon... Your point is moot...

And had other weapons not been readily available he'd have just chewed her to death with his own teeth and danced on her body singing hallelujah. I get your point.

Trifle off of topic, however guns are not the only lethal weapons used in dispatching ones victims as the link below shows.

Indeed there are many varied and novel ways of finishing someone off.

http://listverse.com/2013/07/21/10-bizarre-murder-weapons/

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

There is no reason for anyone to own a gun. Private ownership should be illegal. This tragedy would most likely have been averted. Ban them.

Most people killed by guns are innocent civilians killed by government actions. You'd save more lives if you banned governments from owning guns. And what do you do when your governments comes for you with guns? Are you saying that innocent citizens shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves? If guns are to be banned, then they should be banned for everyone, including governments. If governments didn't own so many guns and other weapons there'd be millions more innocent people alive right now.

Got to say this is true, how many civilians are shot everyday in the USA versus how many are shot by the UK police ?

There are more than just armed police in the USA, over 400 government agencies are carrying guns.

You know, in UK, handguns are banned. Very few firearms aren't banned. What does an honest person need a handgun in his house for?

I am not advocating one way or another, but if there were no guns in that house, then there is a good chance we wouldn't be reading this report.

One more thing? A SIX floor condominium? Good luck to them for living in one, but I didn't know such things existed

People kill; a gun is just a tool. If its not a gun they will find something else if they want to kill their spouse and have mental problems.

Ever hear of a knife?

Yeah, a poor argument. I can out run a knife if I have to. And I Iike to see someone try and stick one me if they were brave enough to get that close. Damned sight easier to pick up and gun and shoot someone than it is to try and stick a knife in. Just ask a soldier who has bayoneted someone.

How it is so technically challenging to use a knife? If he is mental as is mentioned and wants to harm her, he'll find a way. Why blame tools when it is the man who is using it?

• Like 2

He should have aimed at himself only. And leave the woman alone.

Seriously, if someone wants to die, go ahead do it. But nobody has the right to take others' life.

That's lame at best.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So it seems, but you never really know exactly how this played out. Keep your judgement for now...coffee1.gif

There is no reason for anyone to own a gun. Private ownership should be illegal. This tragedy would most likely have been averted. Ban them.

Or a knife, bow and arrows, hammers, axes, cars and anything that the glorious people's republic democratic state deems a weapon eh?

Get real - they apparently argued and he killed her. If there wasn't a gun he'd have used another method. He was mentally unstable.

Any excuse and the ban gun state control brigade come out.

• Like 1

Ever hear of a knife?

Ah, that would be from the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" lobby? NRA anyone?

Or a knife, bow and arrows, hammers, axes, cars and anything that the glorious people's republic democratic state deems a weapon eh?

Get real - they apparently argued and he killed her. If there wasn't a gun he'd have used another method. He was mentally unstable.

Those who do harm to others prefer unarmed victims.

Arming oneself brought the crime rate down in Chicago, as it is a means of defense. What is it with all these people who want to be servants of the state? Frickin sad to be such a willingly mindless passive toddler, eh?

People kill; a gun is just a tool. If its not a gun they will find something else if they want to kill their spouse and have mental problems.

I think you may find that there is a far greater likelihood of someone who is used to handling a gun, being capablenof quickly murdering someone with a gun, in a fit of rage than searching for a carving knife and stabbing them

This is likely a crime of passion. Guns and passion definitely don't mix

• Like 1

I think you may find that there is a far greater likelihood of someone who is used to handling a gun, being capablenof quickly murdering someone with a gun, in a fit of rage than searching for a carving knife and stabbing them

Back to the actions of what he is doing; which raises my point. He was mental, wanted to end her. Could be any item if you're a nut. Not just a gun.

Back to the actions of what he is doing; which raises my point. He was mental, wanted to end her. Could be any item if you're a nut. Not just a gun.

Possible.

What odds of her surviving if there hadn't been a gun in the house? Better or worse?

Unless he was a skilled knife thrower she could have just run away. People don't tend to be able to outrun bullets.

It's all moot. The poor pair of them are dead, but nonetheless, this people kill people arguement is utterly bogus.

• Like 1

Possible.

What odds of her surviving if there hadn't been a gun in the house? Better or worse?

Unless he was a skilled knife thrower she could have just run away. People don't tend to be able to outrun bullets.

It's all moot. The poor pair of them are dead, but nonetheless, this people kill people arguement is utterly bogus.

Most people killed with knives and other bladed weapons are stabbed, slashed and / or hacked to death. Very few die from a knife being thrown. Running away is for sure the best defense against a bladed attack -but you need to be able to escape; and be quick! Some good videos on Youtube show the realities of a knife attack with even experienced police being caught.

If he was intent on killing her he would find away - gun, knife, blunt instrument, strangle etc,; although you make a valid point about a gun being available.

A gun is a tool and like all tools can be used in the wrong way. A gun on its own never killed anyone though. A person is required to load ammunition and pull the trigger.

Some nutters have used petrol to set victims on fire or acids to attack others. Do you blame the people or the chemicals?

Edited by Baerboxer

Those who do harm to others prefer unarmed victims.

Arming oneself brought the crime rate down in Chicago, as it is a means of defense. What is it with all these people who want to be servants of the state? Frickin sad to be such a willingly mindless passive toddler, eh?

Take away the ability of people to protect themselves and they become more reliant on the state, easily controlled and more willing to accept other limitations on their freedoms.

The wise men who drew up the American constitution understood this.

If the Swiss guy had attacked his wife and she had shot and killed him in self defense, would the anti gun lobby be condemning that too?

These posters wanna ban everything under the sun; lets ban cars while we're at it- they can be used as a weapon

Ever hear of a knife?

Ah, that would be from the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" lobby? NRA anyone?

How many cases have you come across where a gun killed somebody, without a person using it?

Ever hear of a knife?

How many cases have you come across where a gun killed somebody, without a person using it?

Guns are mighty hi tech now- they are conscious; they have legs and arms, and plot and plan.

Why people don't want a right to arm is to be a good little slave. Mao took them away, Stalin...all those types of nice guys.