How to report 7/11 staff

edwardandtubs

Contact Consumer Affairs at their corporate headquarters in the US. I've done it before. They will address the issue. Make sure you have the address of the store in Thailand and if possible the store number.

Best of luck!

Corporate Headquarters/Store Support Center:
7-Eleven, Inc.
One Arts Plaza
1722 Routh St., Suite 1000
Dallas, TX 75201
Main Phone Number: 972-828-7011

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can this topic PLEASE continue, ...

... because we all need to get some sleep sooner or later.

AN IMPORTANT question:

DID we ever drank in the same bar together, because if so, I hope I did not buy you a drink.

IF I DID, sure I never got one back, since I did not have free stamps, I could give you if I did.

For the entrepreneurs, stamps for buying drinks for farangs in TH, could be a BIG business.

3,000 baht in 7-11?

That's about 57 Leo's and I don't think they give stamps for beer. I do buy the occasional ice cream and once in a while the 35 baht pad ga prao.

The clerks can have my stamps, never wanted them and don't care if they're ripping me off. They need it more than I do.

As far as fleeing the country for loss of stamps. The thieves have tried to rip me off enough times, not I ask 25 questions 12 different ways before paying money for something. It usually exhausts the thai person and they either move on to the next victim or don't rip me off. I call it clarification.

cheesy.gif 9 stinking baht Vs someone's livelihood. Is it possible that the girl made an honest mistake but due to the belligerent, over the top behaviour of the customer, got her back up at and dug her heels in? Okay, she could have just said 'oh sorry, here you go" but I guess she wasn't used to kee niow farangs who have nothing better to do than turn molehills into mountains.

I think it's safe to say I've now heard it all.

cheesy.gif 9 stinking baht Vs someone's livelihood. Is it possible that the girl made an honest mistake but due to the belligerent, over the top behaviour of the customer, got her back up at and dug her heels in? Okay, she could have just said 'oh sorry, here you go" but I guess she wasn't used to kee niow farangs who have nothing better to do than turn molehills into mountains.

I grew up next door to the OP and can confirm he used to save up his mum's Co-op stickers until he had two books worth then go to the shops and stock up on Mars Bars and Marathons.

He never shared and used to get a kicking on the football field and had the nickname "fatty" until he joined the Navy when we found more colourful names for him......

• Like 2

It's not about stupid stamps.

It's about treating customers.

If it will spread then we are just ignoring the difference between polite service and rudness

Before i met my g/f i was offered stamps but i was just giving back to person who served me .

Always i was welcomed with greate smile from personel.

Now my g/f does not allow me this procedure....she love to collect them ...

Or maybe she is just jealous..hehe

Why? A few stamps worth less than a satang, much less. Why?

One could say that some people do no like being gouged. One could say that it is a matter of principle. But since you choose to be so condecendingly arrogant, right back at ya- He paid for the d-- stamps and he wants them and that is good enough for you. ;)
  • Like 1

How can you spend 3000 baht per month in a 7/11 when the majority of the stuff is total rubbish?

Fags and Leo?

Maybe she's taxing him for his place on the stairs while he drinks the Leo & chuffed away on the fags?

Seriously though, stealings not on. I always give my stamps to the girls and boys, they always rush to serve me allowing me to cutt the que, it's well worth 3-4 bahts worth of stamps I only drop anyway ;)

Edited by neverdie

Sorry off topic but I'll never forget purchasing some items in an up country 7/11 and while asking for some fags one of the staff helpfully and unbeknownst to me nuked my tuna sandwich in the microwave.

I couldn't help but burst out laughing at the soggy steaming bag I was now being presented with. My mirth and bemused look did not go down well!.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

NO, you have not heard it all.

How about this:

The girl is saving up the stamps to buy a university degree.

When she has the degree, she will borrow money from a loanshark to buy a job at Samui immigration.

Next she will charge you 5.000 for a 1.900 extension.

Next you will be whining, and some poster will point out to you that 3.100 baht is not even 10 baht a day.

Cheap Charlie!

• Like 1

Alan Aunuum post # 99

same here,my normal 7/11 store for the last 3 weeks have been saying to me no stamps,new stamps not come yet.But this morning when i went in and asked and was told no stamps yet i waited just near the exit and watched as a thai woman paid for her things and was given stamps,when i went back and asked about my stamps she said and i quote "you farang you not need stamps you money " I won't be going there again its tesco lotus from now on and they lose over 3500 baht per month now

Note to self,

Remind stockbroker to buy more Lotus shares as sales dramatically increase due to powerful spending power of new customer as of 21-13hrs.yesterdaycheesy.gif

Somewhat amusing that the post quoted was # 99. All change hands chaps.whistling.gif

• Like 1

Why? A few stamps worth less than a satang, much less. Why?

No, the stamps are worth money - in this case 9 baht. A minority of 7/11 staff are running a scam whereby they don't give the customer the stamps and keep them themselves. This could add up to a lot of money over time. It's stealing and she was rude. Why put up with that?

Yeah, I got similar when I renewed my cable subscription, gave me a fraction of the 'Big Thank You, Comeback' tickets I was supposed to get.

It is how things go here, always on your toes..... but don't make a scene too often and see if politely pointing out the omission works better. Anyhow, I am still just watching my change.

NO, you have not heard it all.

How about this:

The girl is saving up the stamps to buy a university degree.

When she has the degree, she will borrow money from a loanshark to buy a job at Samui immigration.

Next she will charge you 5.000 for a 1.900 extension.

Next you will be whining, and some poster will point out to you that 3.100 baht is not even 10 baht a day.

Cheap Charlie!

Touche....maybe I might start saving stamps to pay for my visa extension and other immigration cost and a few extra to whine and dhine the girls at immigration

• Like 1

Mr Canman, the people who made the original CDs, TV shows and movies which can be downloaded free have already made themselves a fortune on the back of ordinary people like us, so I would say downloading old tv shows, old movies etc free, is fine, if you want to download old movies etc, go right ahead, you deserve it.

So what you are saying is that is OK to steal from the rich.

The op in the 7-11 girls mind would be considered rich. Ergo no problem to steal from him.

I ran into the same issue recently, only in my case we're not talking about 9 baht, but nearly four times that amount. The manager was useless (in on it?), so have consulted a lawyer about next steps to take. She seems to think a class action suit is possible, but obviously we will need to find the other victims that are surely out there, and get them onboard. In the meantime I've set up a website to help get the word out and hopefully stop this kind of fraud happening again www.justiceforourstamps.com (try it without the www if it doesn't work).

Are you for real? I don't think so, you have to be a troll or, if not, are you just looking for your five minutes of fame? A whole 36 baht and you have consulted a lawyer. So you want to instigate a possible class action? You have set up a website? What are you hoping to gain from a matter that is unlikely to see the time of day in a court of law.

What would this type of action cost? By the sound of it a lot more than you have, as firstly, you want to collect stamps for cheap junk, secondly you need to seek others to bear the costs. Please don't tell me that the lawyer has offered to prosecute your alleged case for a No win, No fee charge. Make sure of your facts or you could end up on the wrong end of a suit, which would cost you more than I expect you have in assets or maybe you could use you stamps tomeet any costs incurred.

You must be a member of the Litigation Sect or just someone who has little or no common sense, the latter I would suggest. If you and the original OP are so sensitive about not receiving your stamps just give me your address and if he wants to provide his I will send my stamps, divided evenly between you, so that you will be able to sleep of a night and never again be anxious when you do not receive those very valuable stamps.

Please give me a break and get a life, surely you have more important things to worry about. And do not give me the tripe that I am condoning fraud or theft, as I am not but all this trouble for stamps for which you can only redeem cheap rubbish products. it is obvious that both you and the original OP are nothing but Cheap Charlies and would complain about anything so tonight go to bed early, have good sleep and please get out of bed on the correct side.

I ran into the same issue recently, only in my case we're not talking about 9 baht, but nearly four times that amount. The manager was useless (in on it?), so have consulted a lawyer about next steps to take. She seems to think a class action suit is possible, but obviously we will need to find the other victims that are surely out there, and get them onboard. In the meantime I've set up a website to help get the word out and hopefully stop this kind of fraud happening again www.justiceforourstamps.com (try it without the www if it doesn't work).

Are you for real? I don't think so, you have to be a troll or, if not, are you just looking for your five minutes of fame? A whole 36 baht and you have consulted a lawyer. So you want to instigate a possible class action? You have set up a website? What are you hoping to gain from a matter that is unlikely to see the time of day in a court of law.

What would this type of action cost? By the sound of it a lot more than you have, as firstly, you want to collect stamps for cheap junk, secondly you need to seek others to bear the costs. Please don't tell me that the lawyer has offered to prosecute your alleged case for a No win, No fee charge. Make sure of your facts or you could end up on the wrong end of a suit, which would cost you more than I expect you have in assets or maybe you could use you stamps tomeet any costs incurred.

You must be a member of the Litigation Sect or just someone who has little or no common sense, the latter I would suggest. If you and the original OP are so sensitive about not receiving your stamps just give me your address and if he wants to provide his I will send my stamps, divided evenly between you, so that you will be able to sleep of a night and never again be anxious when you do not receive those very valuable stamps.

Please give me a break and get a life, surely you have more important things to worry about. And do not give me the tripe that I am condoning fraud or theft, as I am not but all this trouble for stamps for which you can only redeem cheap rubbish products. it is obvious that both you and the original OP are nothing but Cheap Charlies and would complain about anything so tonight go to bed early, have good sleep and please get out of bed on the correct side.

We really need a sarcasm font!!

• Like 2

Being short changed and other odd behavior is not uncommon in a 7/11...demand the correct change and stamps...or go down the street another few meters and use another 7/11...this is such a small nuance...me thinks you are going to have a hard time adjusting to Thai culture my friend...

What does that culture have to do with thai's stealing from westerners? She shop attendant have the stamps to the thai women, so j guess it is thai culture to not steal. But it is when westerners are concerned? What a pile of dog crap. I've heard it all now, what's next? thai culture as an excuse for food poisoning, it's their 'culture' to not wash the dishes properly ?

Thaiberius

Yes i know where the airport is and myself and my future wife are leaving this stinking cheating country next year to start in a country that appreciates Farangs (mayalsia) It is the principle of being cheated and ripped of nearly every day by these cunning piees of flotsum.

Understood mate. Indeed Malaysia is slightly more civilised than Thailand in regards to the local behaviours (the Malaysian people) in KL and out. And they don't treat westerners any different than their own, but they are Muslim so it's a different experience. If you don't drink you will be comfortable there, although drink is still readily available. Problem is in KL there are more Indians than Malaysians it seems! And the rip offs like taxi's are even more prevalent than in Bangkok when dealing with them, they always try and pull a fast one. I don't think there is any asian country you would be satisfied with other than Singapore. Me personally i would pay the extra and go for Singapore if it was the weather alone that kept me in asia.

So you are complaining because the 7/11 didn't give you those free stamps????, I'm sorry but if that's all you have to complain about then you must have a really really sad life.

Agreed; at my parents shop we had a special 2 for 1 on an item. Some foreign thai came in and tried to buy 2. I told him I am American; I love my country and my people. YOU are a foreigner who obviously has enough money to come here.

I said no for you; YOU PAY!!

He looked at me sheepishly and walked out. Lucky he didn't open his mouth or he would have gotten his head kicked in.

MY COUNTRY, MY RULES. Foreigners can shut up and go home. They pay what I say; not what the sign says.

So awesome to see that so many here agree with me:)