Tot Broadband

JAS21

We are here in Nonthaburi for almost the next 3-months..coming for good about Dec.

We have a TOT phone line..cannot get a True line..none available so they say.

Have seen the 256/128 offer that TOT have...290Baht for 30Hrs..modem dual port ST536..filter included..can upgrade after 6Months.

I know that its slow but faster than 56 that I have now.

Are TOT ok for broadband...are there any other options with the line we have

Thanks

I have been using TOT 256/128 unlimited ADSL for a flat rate of THB 500/month. Actually sharing it with my neigbours so we pay 250 and are online 24/7 if we want. The connection is slow sometimes, and once every now and then "not" connected, but in general, I am happy with it.

(happy = I am not expecting "what I was used to back home" (and that was more than 6 years ago!), I have been in Thailand long enough for that, it works for me :-)

They had a promotion including a free ADSL modem router, not sure if they still have that. I bought a (zyxel) 4-port modem/router with wireless, suited me better so I can sit outside with my laptop near my house as well.

I just need to be online most of the day, I don't need to watch movies online, or download Gigabytes on a weekly basis.

Check out: http://203.154.210.35/promotion.htm (via www.adslthailand.com), there is also an english language forum where you might find useful information.

A friend of mine upgraded to 512/256 and noticed a minor improvement, wasn't worth the extra 200 THB/month.

Good luck

edited: the link with promotion links to TOT, www.adslthailand.com is the startingpoint that shows all providers and has the forum.

Edited by cnxpat