Can't Download Update

Thaising

Help! Can't download update for AVG, Ad-Aware & Spybot on my children computer running xp pro with sp2, not sure what's wrong and can't solve it out. Would be appreciate if you kind folks could help me out. :o:D

Edited by Thaising

Help! Can't download update for AVG, Ad-Aware & Spybot on my children computer running xp pro with sp2, not sure what's wrong and can't solve it out. Would be appreciate if you kind folks could help me out. :o:D

if you have a firewall, check if it allows the programs to use internet

Thanks bangbuathong, still unable to download the update after unblocking firewall. Is must be xp options somewhere which I'm unable to figure out. Any suggestion from you folks appreciated.

Thanks bangbuathong, still unable to download the update after unblocking firewall. Is must be xp options somewhere which I'm unable to figure out. Any suggestion from you folks appreciated.

All these program are freeware(AVG, Ad-Aware & Spybot) .... maybe try to install all of them newly?

Does your Internet Connection work on this Machine ?

rcm

All these program are freeware(AVG, Ad-Aware & Spybot) .... maybe try to install all of them newly?

rcm

Thanks rcm, I did reinstall the 3 anti-virus/spyware and my connection is fine, but still don't know why it would not download the update.

Some malware is smart enough to attack its attackers. In case your system was infested with such a thing, it's unlikely to have been totally removed merely by reinstalling ... Wait until you try to update next time, before feeling safe and sound.

rcm

Thanks rcm, I did reinstall the 3 anti-virus/spyware and my connection is fine, but still don't know why it would not download the update.

Another free antivirus that i found good was avast ...maybe try this one and scan your machine and see what it finds. Maybe there is something that AVG doesn't detect? There are also sveral online scanners available (not sure which ones the best one there) , maybe you try a scan with those scanners and see what it comes back with.

As second option....do you recall when last the update did work? Maybe make a system restore to that date.....maybe you lucky there?

brgds,

rcm :D