How much do you give to your Thai girlfriend/wife? What % of your income?

daftboy

Since Stone Age, men provide, hunt for food and protect their women. Now things have changed. Men say, I only want woman who doesn't live with me for money. Guess what? Even if we're not in Stone Age any more, but human nature never changed.

As women only choose men who would provide best for her, who have most resources (richest) she could find. (Both conscious, and unconscious)

It's a world oldest human nature, female instinctive to survive. Ones who call women gold diggers should be ashamed of themselves.

It's like women's lib never happened.

IMO if they want to be treated equally with men, then they can pay their own way.

I believe that I was discussing Flintstone theory here. And suddenly, a clueless guy came and talked Oprah Winfrey. And insisted that... You have to pay !!! (Imagine a two year old boy crying out for his mummy to buy him some candy)

Nice to talk, Mr.

I actually thought you were agreeing with the 'have to pay group' to be honest.

Who pay? :-)

I have my own opinion. And I'm a Switzerland. I'm on no one side.

In my opinion; women should be independent, not staving on her own. While men should try best for their women. Women should have at least her own saving. Still, it's not her obligation to provide for family.

Hello Viewers!

Well i most certainly did not come to Thailand to " finance a Thai lady's life " I rather enjoy being on my own doing my own thing.I must say though viewers a while back i did have a " rather attractive Thai Lady " offer me a " high reward " if i spent the night with her in a 5 Star hotel in Bangkok ( " wined & dined with romance under the sheets.... " ) and all financed by the lady.

But perhaps i should keep that " little tale " for another day ............. x

Farang Jaidee ( " joop joop " ) wub.png

IMO if they want to be treated equally with men, then they can pay their own way.

I believe that I was discussing Flintstone theory here. And suddenly, a clueless guy came and talked Oprah Winfrey. And insisted that... You have to pay !!! (Imagine a two year old boy crying out for his mummy to buy him some candy)

Nice to talk, Mr.

In my opinion; women should be independent, not staving on her own. While men should try best for their women. Women should have at least her own saving. Still, it's not her obligation to provide for family.

Perhaps the Swiss are a bit too isolated to know, but that <Still, it's not her obligation to provide for family.> wouldn't fly in most ( ?all ) western countries now.

post deleted to allow posting.

Nice to talk, Mr.

Perhaps the Swiss are a bit too isolated to know, but that wouldn't fly in most ( ?all ) western countries now.

Have you ever heard of 'metaphor' before in your life? A Switzerland is my metaphor wording because in reality, I can't actually be a country.

FYI, I'm a native Thai. And my bf, a European man, will buy me a Mercedes when I move there. So, if he would ask in return that it's obligation that I need to be a breadwinner in the family. Maybe I reconsider his offer. ;-)

Nice to talk, Mr.

Perhaps the Swiss are a bit too isolated to know, but that wouldn't fly in most ( ?all ) western countries now.

Have you ever heard of 'metaphor' before in your life? A Switzerland is my metaphor wording because in reality, I can't actually be a country.

FYI, I'm a native Thai. And my bf, a European man, will buy me a Mercedes when I move there. So, if he would ask in return that it's obligation that I need to be a breadwinner in the family. Maybe I reconsider his offer. ;-)

Ahhh, so you are there to mooch off him after all lol.

Nice to talk, Mr.

Ahhh, so you are there to mooch off him after all lol.

Exactly !!!!

I plan to save all money I make for OUR future together. Now, it's mooching time !!! Hooray !!!

Approximately I am saving about 70000 baht a month compared to what I was previously spending. I get what I want for a fraction of what I was previously paying

Delusion

A doctor got drugged and rolled at a go go bar in NYC and it cost him 5 million baht. Same thing happened to me in Pattaya and it cost me 7000 baht. Is that delusional? The maintenance on my condo on the ocean in the States cost me 9,000 baht. My condo rent on the ocean in Thailand cost me 9000 baht total. Is that delusional? I could go on but I think you are the one who is deluded. What are a single mans largest expenses? Housing and women. Housing and women cost a fraction of what they do in the West.

" Housing " - costs me here in Thailand 2000 baht a month ( inc wifi & Sat TV )

" Women " - No Cost ( Free ) i just choose the ladies who like me.

Farang Jaidee wub.png " joop joop "

Canary

Im not sure if you are cheap charlie, full of sh!t or both.

I dont know any man who has avoided the expense of girls by the time they are your age.

Some of us have been married and divorced more than once.

But if you have, i take my hat off to ya. You

an aussie, with a sense of humour! love it....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

If you have money, you should view it as a lucky constellation that Thai women regard this as the most important characteristic of a man. If you are 40 plus, you can still make money. But you cannot make yourself an attractive 20-year old.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Why wouldn't you want your wife to have a nice life if you can afford it? You wouldn't get away with this kind of thinking with a western woman so what's different with a Thai woman. I love spoiling my wife and daughter. I've got everything in life I want and can easily afford it so why not? Providing security for your family is important whether you marry a Thai or anyone else. It shows them you love them and they will love you for it. If you need to be this concerned then you shouldn't get married.

Do you love your mother as much? How much are you sending her a month?

• Like 2

Why wouldn't you want your wife to have a nice life if you can afford it? You wouldn't get away with this kind of thinking with a western woman so what's different with a Thai woman. I love spoiling my wife and daughter. I've got everything in life I want and can easily afford it so why not? Providing security for your family is important whether you marry a Thai or anyone else. It shows them you love them and they will love you for it. If you need to be this concerned then you shouldn't get married.

Do you love your mother as much? How much are you sending her a month?

How is that relevant? I'm sure his mother is well cared for.

agree, what's the difference in 15k & 20k a month ? 5k x 12 months is $1,764 US a year ... big deal !!

The OP expects his GF to love him, take care of him when needed, look after his child, cook, clean whatever and he want's to argue with her about he things he's giving too much ....

OP .. you want to wreck a family unit & relationship for a lousy $1,764 ... ??

It's a recipe for disaster .. Farang come to thailand , finds a young attractive young woman ... want's her in farang land but don't wanna stretch the budget another $1,764 a yr .... which he would probably waste in some sleazy bars over the coarse of a year anyway.

Forget the $$$'s provided it's not exorbitant which it ain't , and think of it this way ..

Are you happy ? does she make you happy ? there's your answer .... whistling.gif

You wouldn't get away with this kind of thinking with a western woman

WOW, that really knocked my socks off ( or it would have if I was wearing any ).

Perhaps you only associate with western goldiggers or high maintenence females, but I, and no man I know back home, paid their wife/ partner to stay with them. With myself and those I know it was equal shares. Giving gifts was only at the initial getting to know her stage.

agree, what's the difference in 15k & 20k a month ? 5k x 12 months is $1,764 US a year ... big deal !!

The OP expects his GF to love him, take care of him when needed, look after his child, cook, clean whatever and he want's to argue with her about he things he's giving too much ....

OP .. you want to wreck a family unit & relationship for a lousy $1,764 ... ??

It's a recipe for disaster .. Farang come to thailand , finds a young attractive young woman ... want's her in farang land but don't wanna stretch the budget another $1,764 a yr .... which he would probably waste in some sleazy bars over the coarse of a year anyway.

Forget the $$$'s provided it's not exorbitant which it ain't , and think of it this way ..

Are you happy ? does she make you happy ? there's your answer .... whistling.gif

what's the difference in 15k & 20k a month ?

LOL. IMO, even 15,000 is 15,000 too much. Do you really believe that you have to pay your beloved to stay with you?

Do you make her happy? there's your answer......

Of course, if you expect her to be a subservient person who's job it is to make you happy you should be paying her, just as you would have to pay a prostitute to give you a happy ending.

Rather than compare monthly "pay", a macro assessment is considered far superior.

House? Car? Care of parents? Holidays?

Up B5k is irrelevant cf to the "big picture"?

Pay to stay? BS!

• Like 1

What do you earn a month?are you finding it hard running 2 homes, looks to me like she is slightly avin the kecks off ya, but she is lookin after your child so she's got you by the ham Kai's, gunner be a hard one without it ending in tears, there will allways be somthing that crops up to relieve you of your hard earned disposable income each month..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Exactly feel she's trying to get as much as possible, she wasn't always like this but last few months she's talking so much, a lot of these things I'm not sure I believe, but what can you do she's looking after my child, can hardly say no.

And actually when I have this month she gone ape****

You seem to be one of these guys who never had the time to read the book" Private Dancer." Without wanting to hurt you, but have you ever thought about the possibility that your child is someone's else child?

Do you really think that she'd come with you to any Farangland?

Approximately I am saving about 70000 baht a month compared to what I was previously spending. I get what I want for a fraction of what I was previously paying

Delusion

A doctor got drugged and rolled at a go go bar in NYC and it cost him 5 million baht. Same thing happened to me in Pattaya and it cost me 7000 baht. Is that delusional? The maintenance on my condo on the ocean in the States cost me 9,000 baht. My condo rent on the ocean in Thailand cost me 9000 baht total. Is that delusional? I could go on but I think you are the one who is deluded. What are a single mans largest expenses? Housing and women. Housing and women cost a fraction of what they do in the West.

" Housing " - costs me here in Thailand 2000 baht a month ( inc wifi & Sat TV )

" Women " - No Cost ( Free ) i just choose the ladies who like me.

Farang Jaidee wub.png " joop joop "

Canary

Im not sure if you are cheap charlie, full of sh!t or both.

I dont know any man who has avoided the expense of girls by the time they are your age.

Some of us have been married and divorced more than once.

But if you have, i take my hat off to ya. You

an aussie, with a sense of humour! love it....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think both.

• 3 weeks later...

If wife or gf salaries all ended .....most of them would walk......

I agree, but there is a limit to how much a sane person will give another person merely to stay with them. The amount some people give to their partners they should be having 5* service 24/7. In some cases it would be cheaper to merely pay for the individual services required ie soapy massage, house cleaning, cooking, bed partner per night.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is interesting how some people feel that supporting a wife is giving money to another person?

Quote "You should be having 5 star service for supporting a wife?"

Let's be straight and honest here.

For the most part (generalization), foreign men in Thailand are not the cream of the crops in looks, fitness, age, health or education.

For the most part, most of these types have married a Thai woman that is probably on average younger, better looking and in better shape.

How foreigners with no education come to judge Thai women with limited education, well that is a mystery in itself.

Facts being as they are, the foreign man marries a Thai woman better looking than himself (for the most part), so in fact the man is getting something. If not, why get married at all?

Do you think Thai women or any other women want to wait on fat, old, ugly men for free? Wise up. You are the lesser of all other evils including extreme poverty.

Many foreigners tried marrying in their own country and failed 2 or 3 times, the common denominator in these failed marriages is the man. (although many will blame the 3 women)

It seems to me, all the men that bitch about giving their wives money or don't give them any money or barely any money, are the same types of men that failed in their own countries and have not figured out how to have an equal relationship with a woman, or don't have any money to give.

Whether you are married to a Thai or not, the fact you are married should result in an equal partnership. Why did you get married? Was it love or were you looking for a servant? If you were looking for a servant, I can understand when you run into misfortune. You deserve it.

If it doesn't, there is probably something wrong with you or you did not have the sense to marry a good hearted woman that you can trust and she can trust you.

How you treat and respect a Thai woman often dictates her actions towards you.

If a Thai woman outsmarts you to the point of taking your money, then shame on you for being so stupid.

You probably did something to deserve it.

There is an abundance of good marriages with Thai's and foreigners. If yours is not one of them, then you should be investigating why not.

If you think your wife is only with you for money, then obviously you do not have an equal relationship, do you?

Some men appreciate everything our Thai wives do as wives and mothers, then reciprocate that appreciation by being equals.

My wife has 100% access on her own to everything I own. I appreciate all her efforts as a wife and a super mother.

I think she appreciates the fact that I am not a drunk or whoremonger and work hard to give my family the best.

She knows she can trust me 100% and I trust her the same.

My wife and child both deserve the best that I can give them.

What I get in return is worth much more than any money to me.

She is a wonderful woman that just happens to hail from Thailand.

• Like 1

It is interesting how some people feel that supporting a wife is giving money to another person?

Quote "You should be having 5 star service for supporting a wife?"

Let's be straight and honest here.

For the most part (generalization), foreign men in Thailand are not the cream of the crops in looks, fitness, age, health or education.

For the most part, most of these types have married a Thai woman that is probably on average younger, better looking and in better shape.

How foreigners with no education come to judge Thai women with limited education, well that is a mystery in itself.

Facts being as they are, the foreign man marries a Thai woman better looking than himself (for the most part), so in fact the man is getting something. If not, why get married at all?

Do you think Thai women or any other women want to wait on fat, old, ugly men for free? Wise up. You are the lesser of all other evils including extreme poverty.

Many foreigners tried marrying in their own country and failed 2 or 3 times, the common denominator in these failed marriages is the man. (although many will blame the 3 women)

It seems to me, all the men that bitch about giving their wives money or don't give them any money or barely any money, are the same types of men that failed in their own countries and have not figured out how to have an equal relationship with a woman, or don't have any money to give.

Whether you are married to a Thai or not, the fact you are married should result in an equal partnership. Why did you get married? Was it love or were you looking for a servant? If you were looking for a servant, I can understand when you run into misfortune. You deserve it.

If it doesn't, there is probably something wrong with you or you did not have the sense to marry a good hearted woman that you can trust and she can trust you.

How you treat and respect a Thai woman often dictates her actions towards you.

If a Thai woman outsmarts you to the point of taking your money, then shame on you for being so stupid.

You probably did something to deserve it.

There is an abundance of good marriages with Thai's and foreigners. If yours is not one of them, then you should be investigating why not.

If you think your wife is only with you for money, then obviously you do not have an equal relationship, do you?

Some men appreciate everything our Thai wives do as wives and mothers, then reciprocate that appreciation by being equals.

My wife has 100% access on her own to everything I own. I appreciate all her efforts as a wife and a super mother.

I think she appreciates the fact that I am not a drunk or whoremonger and work hard to give my family the best.

She knows she can trust me 100% and I trust her the same.

My wife and child both deserve the best that I can give them.

What I get in return is worth much more than any money to me.

She is a wonderful woman that just happens to hail from Thailand.

So how much are you paying?

• Like 1

I think 15,000 baht is a fair amount (although 20,000 baht is now what I have been giving)

I have hard working male staff, who take care of family rent room and earns 9000 Baht in Bangkok. With 20K you live like a King in Isaan.

• Like 2

People who pay their 'girlfriends' or 'wives' need an urgent visit to the shrink.

Why on earth pay somebody?

Just to have the occasdional use of a beaver?

Go out in the open market and get one....different every time.

It will be cheaper overall and hassle free.

Also...buy a washing machine.

Some people are born to be victims.

What about babies?

If I could reproduce without a woman,I would.

But then the child care problem, a real pain to look after the kids 24/7 alone, might as well keep her around to help out.

"PAY" your g/f or wife has a special meaning in LOS. In most cases, the lady takes care of purchasing goods & services. That is a bonus for me.

Invariably, the man has the $$$. He may provide say B30k/mth on average.

To have a thread about how much $$$ suggests that you may feel that you are being ripped off, exploited - whatever. Now, that is real trust!

When I die, the lady gets the residual anyway.

• Like 1

People who pay their 'girlfriends' or 'wives' need an urgent visit to the shrink.

Why on earth pay somebody?

Just to have the occasdional use of a beaver?

Go out in the open market and get one....different every time.

It will be cheaper overall and hassle free.

Also...buy a washing machine.

Some people are born to be victims.

What about babies?

If I could reproduce without a woman,I would.

But then the child care problem, a real pain to look after the kids 24/7 alone, might as well keep her around to help out.

And, what about the babies? Why does any old man who probably has children already even want babies?

I get the feeling that their wives have made it clear that if they want nookie on a regular basis, must have a baby to make sure the ATM doesn't run off.

IMO a vasectomy should be a mandatory requirement for any old guy that wants to settle down in Thailand.

• Like 1