Gaza school strike 'criminal' - UN

webfact

UG ... seriously ... I have heaps of Maps which contradict what you suggest above.

But do we really want to do this?

If something is not correct, prove it. Do not expect us to rely on your "gut feelings". We have been over and over these things on these threads. Go back and read them, if you have questions.

UG ... it's not my opinion that counts in this debate .. but the World's opinion.

On that PR front ... Israel has lost this.

This is the bit I don't understand.

I'm a neutral ... my mind is open.

Attacking me is not going to win my heart.

Hearts and Minds will swing the balance for Israel.

MHO ... dismiss it if you wish.

• Like 1

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UG ... seriously ... I have heaps of Maps which contradict what you suggest above.

But do we really want to do this?

If something is not correct, prove it. Do not expect us to rely on your "gut feelings". We have been over and over these things on these threads. Go back and read them, if you have questions.

UG ... it's not my opinion that counts in this debate .. but the World's opinion.

On that PR front ... Israel has lost this.

This is the bit I don't understand.

I'm a neutral ... my mind is open.

Hearts and Minds will swing the balance for Israel.

MHO ... dismiss it if you wish.

I am beginning to wonder if you really are interested in facts or just win an argument and/or maybe you are just bored tonight...? whistling.gif

What is inaccurate in the map?

You suggested you have plenty of maps that you can show to contradict this map.

Please prove it, but only from documented, neutral and accurate source.

• Like 2

There is a well used statement that implies that ... "The first casualty when war comes is truth".

Let there be honesty and truth from both sides.

We don't seriously expect that from Hamas ... but we do from Israel.

Hamas, I don't take seriously ... I'm happy to pull that trigger.

• Like 1

UG ... I'll stop this here and now ... truce declared.

I don't wish to focus on a point which may divide us.

Let us agree to disagree and move on.

EDIT ... ditto Dr Lucas

I am sorry, is this some kind of personal discussion? There is PM for that.

It's not about truce or war, it's about facts in discussion/debate (You wrote: "I desire a debate based on fact ").

You required facts to prove statements of other members, yet unwilling to prove, in the same exact way, your own statement - "I have heaps of Maps which contradict what you suggest above". smiley-says-no-emoticon.gif

Edited by dr_lucas
  • Like 1

I'm not attacking you and I am not trying to win your heart. You are asking for "proof" of things that have been proved over and over again on these threads - along with credible evidence. Some of it is common knowledge, that you do not even seem to know.

If you are really interested in learning, go back and read every post by Morch, dr-lucas and Jopha. There are plenty of opinions that I don't agree with, but all the historical information is entirely factual. We are lucky to have all three of them.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

There is a well used statement that implies that ... "The first casualty when war comes is truth".

Let there be honesty and truth from both sides.

We don't seriously expect that from Hamas ... but we do from Israel.

Hamas, I don't take seriously ... I'm happy to pull that trigger.

David:

Should you ever get to Saudi Arabia, go to a place called Jareer Book Store (they are everywhere), look in the map or atlas section and try to find a map showing Israel.

None of the maps sold in Saudi Arabia have Israel on them. There, the entire land area is called Palestine.

By the way, if I present something as fact and provide a link or documents to support that fact, I have completed my post.

If you later consider my post to be false, it is your responsibility to challenge me with contrary data or links to support your challenge.

Edited by chuckd
  • Like 1

Seems like the only thing Israel is accomplishing here is to ensure that the next generation of Israelis will be targets of future terrorism.

"The question is that I posed is how many new terrorists are being made?"

-Donald Rumsfeld

• Like 2

You mean just like for the last 100 years?

Keep saying "the last 100 years" the way you frequently do here - and when you are attacking someone's historical accuracy, for Buddha's sake- and you'll finally be right 34 years from now.

That is on the Palestinian radicals and why they will live in purgatory until they change their evil ways and sign a peace treaty.

And what is the Israeli plan to "change their evil ways?"

I've seen no offer from Israel for anything that would offer any hope to the non-radical Palestinians.

• Like 1

You mean just like for the last 100 years?

Keep saying "the last 100 years" the way you frequently do here - and when you are attacking someone's historical accuracy, for Buddha's sake- and you'll finally be right 34 years from now.

The Arabs started attacking the Jews in the area around the turn of last century. It has probably been more than 100 years.

I've seen no offer from Israel for anything that would offer any hope to the non-radical Palestinians.

Google:

The Oslo agreements

The Camp David Summit

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's proposal in 2008

The Palestinians have blown deal after deal.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Israel confiscated lands from Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan after the Yum Kippor war.

Check out the map of UN resolution 181 from what it should be. If Israel respected this resolution there would be more peace in the region. But no, the israeli settlers movements are still ongoing.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Partition_Plan_for_Palestine

It's a historical mistake to deny this fact and to simulate Arab agression under Israeli occupation in the region.

All countries in the region are part from the East. Only Israel is part of the West ?

Edited by Thorgal

UG

Did you ever answer my post about acceptability of disproportionate collective punishment?

You had said no nation would put up with indiscriminate weapons fired at civilian areas and I pointed out that Britain did exactly that against a much more deadly IRA bombing campaign right in it's capital lasting years or decades?

......and that having stuck to some principle, peace now more or less prevailed?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

On topic -- Israeli boy killed by Hamas rocket allegedly fired near a UNRWA SCHOOL. Get it now? Get why Israel is fully justified to go after military targets in civilian areas? Get it why that isn't a war crime? coffee1.gif

http://www.timesofisrael.com/four-year-old-killed-in-mortar-attack-named-as-daniel-turgerman/

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

You had said no nation would put up with indiscriminate weapons fired at civilian areas

I believe that I said, thousands of rockets, which no country on earth would put up with. We have already discussed this ad nauseam, but this articles addresses your claims very realistically.

Hamas is not the IRA

By contrast, the ideology of Hamas is defined in absolutist religious terms, that of a radical version of Islam, which is not open to influence or change. The political vision and religious belief of Hamas are one and the same; therefore, change is unlikely.

At the core of this belief is the desire to create an Islamist state based on Islamic law over all the land, not just the West Bank and Gaza, but Israel as well. There is no acceptance of the notion of coexistence, no support for the idea of two states, Israel and Palestine, living side by side in peace, but an exclusive demand, based on fundamentalist interpretations of religious texts, for control of the entire territory.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/31/opinion/31iht-edevrony.1.7331274.html?_r=0

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

I get that Israel enjoy torturing it's next door neighbours.

Disgusting behaviour really from both sides of the fence. Both as pathetic as each other.

I share your disgust at both sides much of the time.

However, I also believe that the responsibility to make peace always rests with the big kid on the block. Israel refuses to play along with the peace emissaries from the USA, the EU, the UN. Israel has undermined every attempt at peace talks. This latest attack on Gaza came less than a month after a temporary Unity government had formed in Palestine that recognised the right of existence of Israel - Netanyahu's claimed central concern. A great opportunity to try to get some positive dialogue - and with 6 months before the next elections in Gaza a positive peace process would have sidelined Hamas effectively. But Netanyahu chose instead to talk up a war. Surely you must ask yourself why he acted in this manner? Why did he so angrily reject this peace overture from Palestine? As one could not say he is a stupid man, one can only conclude that peace is not his agenda. In fact, when you add this to his other actions over the past few years it is abundantly clear that he is deliberately maintaining conflict.

I have no love for Hamas either. The leaders of Hamas are at least as bad as the Israelis. But where I take sides goes back to my first statement - I believe that it is the responsibility of the big kid to force peace along. Without the big kid being interested, peace cannot happen. You just get the little kid kicked around more, and retaliating by throwing more stones. Which means the big kid needs to show who's boss. And so the cycle continues. (And meanwhile, if you are looking for a reason as to why the Big Kid wants to keep fighting - aside from egoism - look at the land. While there is no peace, Israel just keeps on stealing more and more land from Palestinians on the West Bank and in East Jerusalem).

• Like 2

You had said no nation would put up with indiscriminate weapons fired at civilian areas

I believe that I said, thousands of rockets, which no country on earth would put up with. We have already discussed this ad nauseam, but this articles addresses your claims very realistically.

Hamas is not the IRA

By contrast, the ideology of Hamas is defined in absolutist religious terms, that of a radical version of Islam, which is not open to influence or change. The political vision and religious belief of Hamas are one and the same; therefore, change is unlikely.

At the core of this belief is the desire to create an Islamist state based on Islamic law over all the land, not just the West Bank and Gaza, but Israel as well. There is no acceptance of the notion of coexistence, no support for the idea of two states, Israel and Palestine, living side by side in peace, but an exclusive demand, based on fundamentalist interpretations of religious texts, for control of the entire territory.

Without wishing to pettifog back about the danger of large bombs versus small rockets UG, it sounds as though the religious background is justifying disproportionate collective punishment for you.

Although the Palestinian efforts have historically not proved very dangerous statistically (no consolation if you happen to have one of their lumps of pipe hit you in the head of course), it seems to me that your justification for indiscriminate attack is little different to theirs.

I do not understand how it cannot be as clear as a bell that israeli policy has for years been "If they get out of hand we'll crush them so brutally (whilst making a PR show at carefully selecting targets and making phone calls) that the message will be clear. Stay in your place or your whole people will suffer."

Edited by cheeryble
  • Like 1

Hamas is not the IRA

Yes, Hamas is not the IRA, Gaza is not Ireland, north or south. But there are enough parallels for the Northern Irish peace process to be used as a guide and example of what can be achieved if the state, Israel, is prepared to talk to the terrorists, Hamas.

Zion Evrony, who was Israeli ambassador to Dublin when he wrote the article 7 years ago, has his opinion. As shown to you repeatedly in other threads, many others have the opposite view.

• Like 1

Hamas is not the IRA

Yes, Hamas is not the IRA, Gaza is not Ireland, north or south. But there are enough parallels for the Northern Irish peace process to be used as a guide and example of what can be achieved if the state, Israel, is prepared to talk to the terrorists, Hamas.

Zion Evrony, who was Israeli ambassador to Dublin when he wrote the article 7 years ago, has his opinion. As shown to you repeatedly in other threads, many others have the opposite view.

As shown to you repeatedly in other threads, many others have the same or similar view:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/752179-what-israel-must-do-now/page-8#entry8259275

• Like 1

Hamas is not the IRA

As you know, Israel IS willing to talk to Hamas if they recognize Israel. President Shimon Peres said, in order for talks to take place, Hamas must “accept the conditions of the Quartet [the US, the UN, EU and Russia],” which includes the cessation of terror, a recognition of Israel, and the acceptance of previous agreements signed between Israel and the Palestinian Authority. These are not conditions set by Israel, but by the international community.

The UK also insisted on conditions for formal talks with the IRA, so this is nothing new.

• Like 2