Thaivisa.com to meet with Immigration Commissioner

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to know the following: 1. With the current situation for renewal of passports and the delays in processing and issuing new passports in UK, are there any considerations if one is not able to make the 90 day reporting at the local immigration? 2. Can you advise best visa for children under 5 years who haven't started school yet, or their preschool does not have provide an education visa and the parents are on a guardian visa? Thanks thaivisa.com!

I would like to know the following: 1. With the current situation for renewal of passports and the delays in processing and issuing new passports in UK, are there any considerations if one is not able to make the 90 day reporting at the local immigration? 2. Can you advise best visa for children under 5 years who haven't started school yet, or their preschool does not have provide an education visa and the parents are on a guardian visa? Thanks thaivisa.com!

- why this weird obsession of asking people to get out of thailand, ask for a new visa outside the country or just do a border run, when they have all the correct documents that would in a normal world allow them to extend their stay at the local immigration office? This is a complete waste of time, money and sometimes lives on the dangerous road trips.

- anything planned to accomodate online freelancers who cannot work in thailand with current laws?
  • Like 1

If 90 day reporting is merely to confirm one's address, why can't this be done at the local Police station in ones Tambon or Amphur.

There is already a requirement to notify the local Police of a change of address and there is already a system for them to issue a Certificate of Residence.

This would give Immigration Offices more time to deal with Marriage/Retirement extensions and make confirmation of address reporting much simpler for all.

The local Police would get to know the farangs in their area and subsequently it would save a lot of time and expense for expats.

• Like 1

Mr the Commissioner Police Lt.Gen. Sakda Chuenpakdee, what kind of visa can expect to achieve in the future a person aged under 50 years and with all the necessary financial means to stay in Thailand as a retiree? Can you please notice that in the world, there are some persons under 50 years who love Thailand and have made enough money in their short career to hope to retire in Thailand. What have you planned for them in terms of visa?

• Like 1

Further to my OP could I add that personally I am very satisfied with the treatment I receive at the Phitsanulok office. Friendly and efficient are words that spring to mind.

I know this is not a question but it is positive feedback which you could perhaps use to show that many Thai Immigration offices and officers do a good job under difficult circumstances interpreting Thai visa rules.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Will Thailand consider offering a visa for those termed 'digital nomads' or basically those earning a living from an international source and who spend the majority of their earnings in Thailand and who, through the nature of their work, are not preventing Thai nationals from employment?

Will Thailand consider offering a visa for those who have business interests abroad and who have simply made a lifestyle choice to live in Thailand and spend the majority of their business earnings in the Kingdom?

Will Thailand consider offering a visa for long-term tourists who are taking a long-term career break and seeking to use Thailand as a base from which to explore the surrounding SE Asia area?

Will Thailand consider extending the scope of its ED Visa to allow students to study longer-term and a wider variety of cultural topics other than language and boxing?

How does immigration propose to distinguish between genuine long-term tourists with multiple tourist visas who can provide proof of funds/living expenses and an itinerary, and those who use abuse tourist visas but still have proof of funds?

What right of appeal is proposed to enable genuine long-term tourists to prove their status IF they are mistakenly believed to be abusing the visa system?

How long must a tourist remain outside of the Kingdom in order to be permitted to apply for a further tourist visa, regardless of how many tourist visas an individual has received in the past? 

• Like 1

Have you any plans to change the rules for foreigners married to Thai (and those with children, if that makes a difference)?

+ Why is there so much differences between a Thai Male Married to a foreigner and a Thai Female Married to a Foreigner, when it comes to citizenship?   

Can you point out Thailand is being left behind by other countries whose immigration attracts tourists and ex-pats via visa and property rights, such as Malaysia and Philippines. The lifestyle and safety is what keeps Thailand in the running - certainly not the other two issues.

Can ex-pat retirees skip 90 day reporting after 3 yrs to just then be the annual retirement visa renewal process?

At least change the 90 days to 120 days.

What's the NEED for a re-entry permit in terms of Immigration? 

O/T Why when buying a home and being unable to buy the land, but where the foreigner has paid the full price and is married to a Thai, can't the rules have a clause that either party can force a sale upon divorce with proceeds split 50/50 by law. Imperfect, but it would remove so much temptation AND make the outcome on relationship failure less one sided as due to the current practices typically the Thai is sole owner, by request, of the property that the foreigner was often sole buyer of.

I view the current situation and lack of any appropriate measures such as this, or zoning in tourist areas up to a maximum land size for foreign ownership, as a temptation too far that could be viewed as selective state condoned wealth transfer when nothing is in mitigation to some horror stories year in, year out and when compared to other Asian countries as mentioned. 

Edited by twix38

Why not allow a native English language speaker to volunteer to assist the immigration process by answering questions and assisting with computer programming thus relieving the officials to be more efficient?

Why not have on-line applications developed by native English Language speakers so that the process could be automated; 90-day reporting, appointment scheduling, etc.?

I live in South Bangkok suburbs. I have a B visa and work permit.

If I wish to stay at my friends house near Kanchanaburi for a long week-end (friday to Monday), what am I obliged to do?

If I drive into Laos for a week what should I do? !. before I depart?, 2 on returning to my house in the suburbs?

Edited by wilcopops

I was wondering if there has been any thoughts as to alleviating the visa paper work/ fees burden on poor disadvantaged schools and volunteer/low pay teachers? Or, perhaps offering native speaker english teachers incentives/visa streamlining for helping in low income areas...? these schools don't have the administrative capabilities of urban schools or the money for high salaries. These students are at an extreme disadvantage and such an initiative could aid in upward mobility for rural students.

Thankyou for arranging this.

My question: The housing and condominium market is integral to the stability of Thai banks and the Thai economy, as it is in all economies globally. In this context would the department consider lowering the investment visa based (property value) requirements to, for example, 5m baht ? This would benefit foreign investors and Thais alike. Edited by ace

Below is a genuine job advertised in Thailand.

Will someone applying for this job be able to get a work permit? what do they have to do whilst waiting for the paperwork for both visa and permit?

PART-TIME CORPORATE TEACHER
REMUNERATION: 500-700THB / Hour (depending on experience) + Travel Expenses

We are seeking experienced language teachers and business English tutors to join our corporate education department, working both onsite and on location with our corporate clients. The ideal candidate will be capable of delivering a valuable and highly engaging educational experience during their lessons, and importantly be extremely reliable and motivated. You will be familiar with a range of teaching methodologies, capable of preparing effective lesson plans and knowledgeable of a range of corporate course materials. Moreover, you will be familiar with a range of English testing standards with particular emphasis on the CEFR and TOEIC. 

For the interview we will ask that you prepare a lesson plan and ask for you to demonstrate your teaching style, as well as rationalize the methodologies you use to approach the language points you cover.

Requirement :- 
  • A bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Education or a related field.
  • At least a 120 hour TEFL certificate, preferably the Cambridge CELTA or Trinity College cert-TESOL (or above).
  • Experience teaching in a corporate environment preferable

We are located in Lake Rajada Office Complex, just a few minutes walk from Asok BTS.

UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM NON-NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS

Edited by wilcopops

Just a thought,,, Adapt the option of some reentry permits as a way of the alien pay for their next 90 day entry into Thailand on departure at airport,, in such cases as an expiring non imm o visa based on marriage or other long term visa types expiring before the next planned entry by the alien, can pay for a reentry permit at the airport on departure giving enter before date of next entry within say 3 months , by granting a further 90 day permission on the reentry permit without the need for some aliens to visit consuls outside Thailand to renew their visa, this gives immigration greater control of following entries whilst at the same time giving the alien confidence that their next entry has been approved by immigration in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When will ASEAN nationals be allowed to immigrate into Thailand in under the ASEAN Mutual Recognition Arrangement for Tourism Professionals (MRA-TP)? 

My question is similar. Many ASEAN nationals have Thai or foreign partners. If they're not married and not working, how can they legally stay in Thailand?

Sent from my GT-S7270L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
  • Like 1