Huge haul of illegal timber found in the resort of Charupong Ruangsuwan’s son

Lite Beer

[quote name="dukebowling" post="8234125" timestamp="1407841147"]

[quote name="khunken" post="8225500" timestamp="1407675227"]

[quote name="dukebowling" post="8225444" timestamp="1407674267"]

[quote name="rubl" post="8225372" timestamp="1407673115"]

[quote name="dukebowling" post="8225355" timestamp="1407672822"]

Great job uncovering the wood scheme.  What a horrible crime.  I'm sure there is more illegal wood out there and they need to find out the evil tree killers and bring them to justice.  Only this way can corruption finally be stopped in Thailand.

Awesome use of resources.[/quote]

If you have a better scheme, or plan on how to fight corruption, please let us know.

In the mean time, the army with the police are just working their way through all cases which seem to have accumulated over the years. Allegedly that is.
 [/quote]

I have laid out the solution many times.

The flaw to the solution is that it is based on this new thing really catching on in the world.  A really novel, interesting philosophy never experienced in Thailand. It's called Democracy.
 [/quote]

While I agree with you that Thailand has never experienced real democracy, it's law enforcement that will allow to maintain its forests, especially those containing expensive wood.

BTW law enforcement is a prerequisite for any democracy.

[/quote]

The prerequisite for democracy is an election.  After the people are governed by a representative party, only then can proper lawful enforcement occur.

I wonder who get's the wood that they removed?  Follow the wood[/quote]

How did law enforcement occur under the previous administration that was elected? Arming their supporters with war weapons and using them to slaughter protestors? Law enforcement... 😂

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have laid out the solution many times.

The flaw to the solution is that it is based on this new thing really catching on in the world.  A really novel, interesting philosophy never experienced in Thailand. It's called Democracy.

While I agree with you that Thailand has never experienced real democracy, it's law enforcement that will allow to maintain its forests, especially those containing expensive wood.

BTW law enforcement is a prerequisite for any democracy.

The prerequisite for democracy is an election.  After the people are governed by a representative party, only then can proper lawful enforcement occur.

I wonder who get's the wood that they removed?  Follow the wood

How did law enforcement occur under the previous administration that was elected? Arming their supporters with war weapons and using them to slaughter protestors? Law enforcement... 😂

I assume you mean the latest administration which was not allowed to enforce the law because of the judicial coup that happened before the military one.  If you don't let democracy evolve, it will never flourish.  Takes decades of patience.

Yes it would have been nice for the government to stop Suthep's mob from slaughtering all the innocents, but again the judicial powers supported the anti constitution movement.

Edited by dukebowling