time to say it: This Chinese on Scooters Dangerous to Everyone!

gal29

Slightly off subject but Wawee food court mall inside the moat has taken to instruction for the Chinese... This is posted on the inside of the door in the toilet stalls in the men's bathroom... I can only assume the women's have a similar albeit longer instruction manual...

Would love to see the 2 step translation so I know I'm also doin it right?...

1 please dont stand on the toilet seat

2 please flush after use

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Slightly off subject but Wawee food court mall inside the moat has taken to instruction for the Chinese... This is posted on the inside of the door in the toilet stalls in the men's bathroom... I can only assume the women's have a similar albeit longer instruction manual...

Would love to see the 2 step translation so I know I'm also doin it right?...

1 please dont stand on the toilet seat

2 please flush after use[/quote

Correction:

2 please do not throw paper napkin into the toilet bowl

• Like 1

There seems to be a growing unhappiness with Chinese tourists. They just got their own lane from the airport. The locals I've talked to say they are rude and don't tip. You do not negotiate food in restaurants. I was in a red truck last week and 5 Chinese passengers literally ran from the vehicle into Central Plaza without paying. No charge for Visa, free tours and bus transportation. Be careful the monster you court. These are statements from those who deal with them. Obviously does not mean all Chinese.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

@AoA. Where on earth did you get the notion that in some chinese cities the citizens are not allowed to drive? IMO. that is absurd. Please provide a legitimate citation. I have heard that in some chinese cities certain vehicles. probably electric scooters or petrol scooters, are not allowed in downtown areas. Just like in London, controlled access in congested places.

There seems to be a growing unhappiness with Chinese tourists. They just got their own lane from the airport. The locals I've talked to say they are rude and don't tip. You do not negotiate food in restaurants. I was in a red truck last week and 5 Chinese passengers literally ran from the vehicle into Central Plaza without paying. No charge for Visa, free tours and bus transportation. Be careful the monster you court. These are statements from those who deal with them. Obviously does not mean all Chinese.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Chinese are also getting ripped off on their own. Several times recently I boarded a Songthaew along with Chinese tourists.

They ask the driver "How much?" to go a short way and get cheeky 50 baht or 60 baht as a response. Drivers must love them actually.

I get on ride three times as far, hand the guy 20 baht and walk away.

Edited by arunsakda
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I watched a songthaew driver try and charge two Chinese girls 500 baht each to go from Thapae Gate to Kad Suan Kaew. The girls were smart enough to bargain him down to 300 baht each...

Wow.

Listening to them during the ride, they sounded pretty pleased with themselves for being such shrewd shoppers. As much as I wanted to try to tell them the real cost, I didn't want to burst their bubble. Same thing happened to me the first time I went to Korea. I bargained with the taxi driver on a flat rate and was happy as a clam to have gotten him to drop his price so far. It was only when making the same ride at the end of my trip, but using the meter that I learned that I had over-paid. But like the Chinese girls, I had only over-paid about $10. No big deal, and another funny anecdote from my vacation there.

• Like 1