Islamist militants 'kill US reporter James Foley on video'

webfact

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What they (the ISIS) did to James Foley was despicable and cowardly. Just like the terrorism visited upon (defenseless) black people, by the U.S. gov't supported "white" Klu Klux Klan, during the first 65-years of the 20th. Century.

Obviously, the closest you've ever been to the Persian Gulf, is your boobtube. FYI-Most of those Iraqi (ISIS) blokes were educated in the UK, black,white or otherwise skin-colored, Iraqis. So why are you mixing apples, with oranges, on a topic that you (apparently) know very little about? whistling.gif

The political problems in Iraq today, as with most of the Middle East (Persian Gulf) states, were originally created by the legacy of what the British "Empire" left behind. People do horrible things to other people. Its the 10,000 year-old nature of the human beast,....regardless of skin-color. So, get a clue of historical fact, for a change.wai2.gif

How on earth can you link these Islamic terrorists with the KKK. Are the KKK Muslims or are you saying white Americans are publically beheading people?

Totally barbaric the poor guy and his family.

Why is it that we never hear boo from the Muslims when this sort of thing happens? If Islam truly is the religion of peace and tolerance, which I doubt it is why isn't Islam and Muslims rising up against these types of people. They sit back and just accept it as if they are giving full support.

Have you ever questioned why the Western mainstream media rarely reports condemnation of Islamic extremism by Muslim leaders? Following are some examples:

Saudi Arabia's Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdulaziz Al al-Sheikh, the highest religious authority in the country

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/1.611245

Two of the leading voices in the Muslim world denounced the persecution of Christians in Iraq, at the hands of extremists proclaiming a caliphate under the name Islamic State.

Mehmet Gormez, head of the Religious Affairs Directorate, the highest religious authority in Turkey.

Iyad Ameen Madani, the Secretary General for the Organization of Islamic Cooperation.

http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2014/07/25/worlds_muslim_leaders_condemn_attacks_on_iraqi_christians/1103410

The International Union of Muslim Scholars (IUMS) condemns the forced expulsion of the Christian brothers of Iraq from their homes, cities and provinces,

http://news.yahoo.com/islamic-scholars-condemn-expulsion-iraqs-christian-brothers-120656878.html

Quoted from the first link:

King Abdullah has been pressing clerics to publicly condemn Islamic extremist groups since the government made it illegal for citizens to fight in conflicts abroad. Clerics who do not condemn terrorism in traditional Friday sermons could face penalties, such as having their licenses to preach revoked.

Seems like more a matter of state rather than religious ethics. And still, the absence of mass protests in Europe is intriguing.

No seperation between the State & religion. Yes, don't know why protests are not happenning, personally I do not believe the very large majority suport the actions of IS.

The President of Indonesia has spoken out against IS in a Western media interview. Prior to the interview his weekly address to the country, during which he condemned IS & Islamic extremism was not reported. Indonesia being the largest Muslim country by population, again one has to wonder why not.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/foreign-affairs/susilo-bambang-yudhoyono-unite-to-combat-extremism/story-fn59nm2j-1227031337157

Edited by simple1

<parts of article not included for brevity>

Look then at immigrant sub populations and it's noted Muslim women in said locations, variously, have an index of approx 2.2/. This is simply math, not hysteria. A similar trend is taking place in the USA, though the immigrant Latino population is significantly keeping the overall fertility index above 2+/. Thus the population will invariably tend this direction.

You can toss various articles about with abandon but this dies not make a better argument. The data is real. The data is race blind. The data is faith blind. It is neutral. It is only I who interpret this data as a concern because I am terrified of a sharia world. Object to me, but the facts persist.

Various rates of population increases are indeed a factor, and have been for many generations - in relation to conflicts and land grabs worldwide. It's a big topic. Start with: enabling education for females (something jihadists abhor). Then make birth control (and its education) available for everyone, including voluntary tube tying surgery for free. Most religionists ww would shriek at that concept, including the Catholics. Compel deadbeat dads to pay handsomely for the fruit of their loins - something which doesn't exist in Thailand and many other countries. Indeed, in some countries, if a man rapes a girl and then agrees to marry her, he's legally allowed in the cockpit, and can &lt;deleted&gt; the little lady until the cows come home.

Religion and these imaginary gods have been the cause of all evil for thousands of years. People still worship all these evil cults and imaginary friends. Atheists like me live in total peace and never have problem with a rival cult/Athiest. Strange how one does not worship imaginary friends lives a good life but those that worship live a life of killing, slaughter and hatred.

Interesting also that religionists who profess to value life - are great meat eaters (2" T-Bone steaks, plate-fulls of hot-dogs, etc), and proponents of the death penalty. Barry Goldwater, a Republican senator from Arizona and devout Christian, proposed nuking North Vietnam in his 1964 run for the presidency.
  • Like 1

Hope people in the west wake up and start checking backgrounds on these foreign raised radicals. Modern warfare at present is based on the establishment of "Dens" and "hives" scattered throughout the world...even the western world. Perhaps each enclave is unknown to the next. That would mean the discovery of one would not hurt the others. Communication is definitely not electronic. Perhaps Humint (human intelligence/infiltration) is now becoming priority 1. (I hope) At best, only a a handful of Administrators are in contact with all the "Hives".

Video not for posting

gory to the extreme his head resting on his body cupped in his hands

And it appears that no barbaric act is barbaric enough, this lot doing it in the name of Islam, join or die, Obama is right they have no place in the modern world, unfortunately they are in the 21st century and it seems there is only one thing that they understand and that is violence. They need to be dealt with, without beheading and executions, the world must not sink to the same depths.

It does not surprise me that a radicalized Briton has been implicated, it could have anyone from anywhere but they al seem to join up to be "licenced to kill" and they will carry on until stopped. That will not be the end of it sorry to stay, we will just have to be smarter at keeping the lid on them.

We all thought the world would be a safer place after the end of the cold war, always someone helping to fill the void and people willing to fund unrest who are far enough away not become part of it, a sad refection on civilization's advance.

• Like 1

Why is it that we never hear boo from the Muslims when this sort of thing happens? If Islam truly is the religion of peace and tolerance, which I doubt it is why isn't Islam and Muslims rising up against these types of people. They sit back and just accept it as if they are giving full support.

Not correct. Just one example - the Muslim-based western news organisations - Al Jazeera - did not just "accept it as if they are giving full support".

They in fact have drawn people's attention to this horror and have used the killing of Foley as a lead story, and certainly NOT with any attempt to somehow approve of it. The Al Jazeera English language coverage today reports Obama's condemnatory remarks of the killers.

"Obama had earlier on Wednesday vowed that the US would not stop its airstrikes against the Islamic State group because it beheaded Foley, an act he said was proof that the fighters stand for no religion.

Obama's response to the killing marked his strongest condemnation yet of the group, calling it a "cancer" with a bankrupt ideology."

Like all good media, Al Jazeera should aim to report factual information. But, like all media, there is bias in what is selected for the coverage. And Al Jazeera gave Obama's remarks and Cameron's concerns prominent coverage, thereby clearly communicating their stance. In fact, Al Jazeera has a very similar tone to the Times. There is no way that this Muslim news organisations can be seen to be offering support to the IS. Rather, they have responded with a shared horror.

My Muslim friends are as shocked and angered by this as are my western friends. Those few Muslims who support these type of acts are those who, had they been born in another time and place, would have been the first to volunteer for the SS or as guards at Auschwitz. There is a dark side to humanity. And all monotheistic religions have at different times been used to "justify" such barbaric acts. (Please note that Buddhism is not monotheistic, and is a philosophy rather than a religion).

• Like 1

Video not for posting

gory to the extreme his head resting on his body cupped in his hands

And it appears that no barbaric act is barbaric enough, this lot doing it in the name of Islam, join or die, Obama is right they have no place in the modern world, unfortunately they are in the 21st century and it seems there is only one thing that they understand and that is violence. They need to be dealt with, without beheading and executions, the world must not sink to the same depths.

It does not surprise me that a radicalized Briton has been implicated, it could have anyone from anywhere but they al seem to join up to be "licenced to kill" and they will carry on until stopped. That will not be the end of it sorry to stay, we will just have to be smarter at keeping the lid on them.

We all thought the world would be a safer place after the end of the cold war, always someone helping to fill the void and people willing to fund unrest who are far enough away not become part of it, a sad refection on civilization's advance.

unfortunately I have to agree with you, these people are so brainwashed they believe they are right and everybody else is wrong - in the name of Islam

who straps a bomb to themselves and walks into a shopping mall full of women and children and blows themselves up - the methology and belief system is so strong with these freaks I can't imagine what goes on in their heads, it really is beyond understanding how people can be lead in such a way

The whole religion thing being bread from a general fear of death and the inability or willingness to contemplate that the end is the end - of course it would be nice to believe that when you die something else happens - but you know what - it's hogwash, the only part of you that lives on are your genes passed to your children the rest rots in the ground and becomes a part of natures cycle just like every other living thing on this planet

Most of us can rationalise right and wrong, sometimes we try to justify actions which turn out to be wrong but they started with good intention - we can't always get it right

How on earth these evil people can justify their beliefs and actions is beyond the understanding of any rational person - our sordid history has seen many atrocities that most of us find abhorrent - the evil that men do

• Like 1

Not correct. Just one example - the Muslim-based western news organisations - Al Jazeera - did not just "accept it as if they are giving full support".

They in fact have drawn people's attention to this horror and have used the killing of Foley as a lead story, and certainly NOT with any attempt to somehow approve of it. The Al Jazeera English language coverage today reports Obama's condemnatory remarks of the killers.

"Obama had earlier on Wednesday vowed that the US would not stop its airstrikes against the Islamic State group because it beheaded Foley, an act he said was proof that the fighters stand for no religion.

Obama's response to the killing marked his strongest condemnation yet of the group, calling it a "cancer" with a bankrupt ideology."

Like all good media, Al Jazeera should aim to report factual information. But, like all media, there is bias in what is selected for the coverage. And Al Jazeera gave Obama's remarks and Cameron's concerns prominent coverage, thereby clearly communicating their stance. In fact, Al Jazeera has a very similar tone to the Times. There is no way that this Muslim news organisations can be seen to be offering support to the IS. Rather, they have responded with a shared horror.

My Muslim friends are as shocked and angered by this as are my western friends. Those few Muslims who support these type of acts are those who, had they been born in another time and place, would have been the first to volunteer for the SS or as guards at Auschwitz. There is a dark side to humanity. And all monotheistic religions have at different times been used to "justify" such barbaric acts. (Please note that Buddhism is not monotheistic, and is a philosophy rather than a religion).

I didn't and I won't see the video for similar reasons I won't go and see horror movies. I am well apprised of the capacity for evil and causing suffering which some people are capable of. I don't care to sully my consciousness looking at it. I could give a 5 minute dissertation on how Vlad the Impaler did his dastardly deed, but I won't.

The video doesn't actually show any decapitation, it cuts out that whole part.

Edited by doctorproc156

Obama vows `relentless' response to beheading of US reporter

Washington/Cairo - US President Barack Obama Wednesday vowed the US and its allies will be "vigilant and relentless" in striking against the Islamic State terrorist group and condemned the beheading of a US journalist.

Speaking from Martha’s Vineyard where he is on vacation with his family, Obama called for Middle Eastern nations and others to join together to "extract this cancer so it does not spread."

A video released Tuesday by the terrorist group showed a masked extremist with a British accent beheading James Foley, 40, who went missing in Syria in November 2012.

"We can all agree that a group like ISIL has no place in the 21st century," Obama said.

He called their ideology "bankrupt" and dismissed their claim that they are at war with the United States and the West as one of expediency.

Foley’s beheading provoked international condemnation.

International resolve against the violent IS jihadist grew, with pledges by Germany and Italy to help arm the Peshmerga in Iraq’s Kurdish region.

In the video, the extremists threatened to kill another US journalist in their captivity, identified as Steven Joel Sotloff, who was seen kneeling alive in the video.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Obama-vows-%60relentless-response-to-beheading-of-US-30241440.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-08-21

Has anyone seen the video? Its on the internet and it's not hard to find.

I watched the beginning of the video. Obviously Jim was told to denounce American aggression in the Middle East. It was very hard to watch. I turned my head when they started to cut him at the neck. The knife did not look sharp.

Jin didn't cry at all. He died with dignity. I give him a lot if credit. I would have been in tears.

Scotland Yard says it could be a criminal offence to watch it in the UKblink.png

Scotland Yard warned the public that viewing, downloading or disseminating the video within the UK might constitute a criminal offence under terrorism legislation. A spokesman said: "The Metropolitan police service counter terrorism command (SO15) is investigating the contents of the video that was posted online in relation to the alleged murder of James Foley."

if you watch terrorism, you're also a terrorist'.ph34r.png

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/20/isis-british-militant-james-foley-video

Have you ever questioned why the Western mainstream media rarely reports condemnation of Islamic extremism by Muslim leaders? Following are some examples:

Saudi Arabia's Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdulaziz Al al-Sheikh, the highest religious authority in the country

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/1.611245

Two of the leading voices in the Muslim world denounced the persecution of Christians in Iraq, at the hands of extremists proclaiming a caliphate under the name Islamic State.

Mehmet Gormez, head of the Religious Affairs Directorate, the highest religious authority in Turkey.

Iyad Ameen Madani, the Secretary General for the Organization of Islamic Cooperation.

http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2014/07/25/worlds_muslim_leaders_condemn_attacks_on_iraqi_christians/1103410

The International Union of Muslim Scholars (IUMS) condemns the forced expulsion of the Christian brothers of Iraq from their homes, cities and provinces,

http://news.yahoo.com/islamic-scholars-condemn-expulsion-iraqs-christian-brothers-120656878.html

Seems like more a matter of state rather than religious ethics. And still, the absence of mass protests in Europe is intriguing.

No seperation between the State & religion. Yes, don't know why protests are not happenning, personally I do not believe the very large majority suport the actions of IS.

The President of Indonesia has spoken out against IS in a Western media interview. Prior to the interview his weekly address to the country, during which he condemned IS & Islamic extremism was not reported. Indonesia being the largest Muslim country by population, again one has to wonder why not.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/foreign-affairs/susilo-bambang-yudhoyono-unite-to-combat-extremism/story-fn59nm2j-1227031337157

How do you mean "was not reported" when providing a link reporting it? (appears also here - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/indonesia/11047487/Indonesia-president-says-Islamic-State-embarrassing-Muslims.html as well

as in other media channels). And while Indonesia is the largest Muslim country by population, that's still a a far cry from

a general public display of anti-IS when considering the total number of Muslims globally, or how easily they are stirred

on other occasions.

No idea about IS global support rating among Muslims, it is the absence of mass condemnation I find appalling.

Response removed to enable reply.

Currently I'm in Australia and as far as I know none of the media ran with the original address by SYB that was a very important policy statement, until the article in The Australian. Looks like AFP have now reported and picked up by the Telegraph and others.

What I'm really getting at is how so many say the Islamic world never condemns Islamic extremism, obviously this is untrue.

The appalling barbarity that has been occurring in Syria & Iraq, crystallised in the declarations and actions by IS, yet no one took any meaningful action until the recent attacks on Arab Christians & others, why not?

• Like 1

How do you mean "was not reported" when providing a link reporting it? (appears also here - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/indonesia/11047487/Indonesia-president-says-Islamic-State-embarrassing-Muslims.html as well

as in other media channels). And while Indonesia is the largest Muslim country by population, that's still a a far cry from

a general public display of anti-IS when considering the total number of Muslims globally, or how easily they are stirred

on other occasions.

No idea about IS global support rating among Muslims, it is the absence of mass condemnation I find appalling.

Response removed to enable reply.

Currently I'm in Australia and as far as I know none of the media ran with the original address by SYB that was a very important policy statement, until the article in The Australian. Looks like AFP have now reported and picked up by the Telegraph and others.

What I'm really getting at is how so many say the Islamic world never condemns Islamic extremism, obviously this is untrue.

The appalling barbarity that has been occurring in Syria & Iraq, crystallised in the declarations and actions by IS, yet no one took any meaningful action until the recent attacks on Arab Christians & others, why not?

I still do not see that many condemnations from Muslim political and religious leaders, especially not in the Middle East.

And yet to see mass protests by the public in those supposedly indignant Muslim countries. My guess is that a similar

death toll by Western powers would cause quite a steer.

With all due respect to Indonesia's position , it is not a central player when it comes to these matters.

As far as I recall it was Russia and China which blocked most international efforts for intervention in Syria, and it was most

of the world calling for the USA to withdraw from Iraq. Hard to have it both ways.

Oh dear! According to this James Foley was originally captured by the 'Free Syrian Army' (The ones we armed) who then gave him to ISIS as a demonstration of allegiance.

http://www.ibtimes.com/james-foley-allegedly-used-token-allegiance-group-joined-isis-1664272#.U_UqRzOxIJZ.twitter

In other words finding moderate Muslims to arm is just asking for blowback.

• Like 1

Just reams and reams of explanations.

It is the UKs fault this bastard did what he did and the leftie govt the UK has become to let them flourish.

They want killing,pure and simple. Fit for nothing these bastards.

Islam is a club,a worldwide club. joining qualifications ? you have to be the most dumbed down,usless bone-headed gormless that roamed the earth and then some

Excuse me I live in the UK, is it my fault. don't think so, WE in the UK are tied because The EU says we cannot discipline terrorist because they have human rights, some thing that the British people,are up in arms against, because we are ruled by an unelected body of men Sat in a Foreign Country. But The Brits are always first into action wether we like it or not, wheres Spain , France Italy, Portugal Germany and the rest of the EU, or Nato come to that,

This is a war no doubting that between Islam and the rest of the world.

I believe Islam in this war has 3 elements.

Radicals,

Fanatics and;

Moderates.

Your Radicals have been totally brainwashed by certain Islamic Leaders and will strap a bomb to themselves and walk into a school or market, blow themselves up for Islam and the destruction of non believers.

Your Fanatics are those that create the radicals but are cowards to blow themselves up. They know there is not 72 virgins waiting but lied to the radicals. They are the Clerics and the people that will appear on videos and threaten to or actually slit the throats of innocent people. example the guy who murdered James Foley. A coward who believes in Islam but would rather kill another than himself for the cause.

Your Moderates are just as bad. They protest various governments around the world for not accepting Islam and it's ways. Moderates are more dangerous as they are bringing governments to their knees with cries of religious vilification and racism. These two things are huge weapons and can bring a country to it's knees. More and more Muslims are moving to western countries and settling in specific electorates. (votes) If local politicians upset their Muslim population then they are afraid they may the upgrade them to fanatics and eventually radicals which has been shown in Australia. Two so called moderate Aussie Muslims have now been identified as beheading people in Iraq.

Ok there is maybe a 4th tier those that stay quiet but long for sharia law and will wait to see the outcome and then say I was always on your side.

Personally I don't trust any Muslim

Chooka, you have my vote. May I add just a few words for clarity.

You may add tier 4 and 5 to your classification. 4 - as you said the quiet ones waiting for Sharia to come. 5 - the quiet ones not wanting the Sharia, the 'progressive' ones.

It does not matter how quiet they are.

It does not matter that they are not guilty in crimes.

Because they are!

They are guilty because the atrocities are committed in their name.

They are guilty by not fighting the extremists because they are scared.

And the fact that the extremists are a tiny minority will not help the majority.

One day the 'political correctness' will go into the rubbish bin.

This very day the 'collective responsibility' will surface.

I hope not to live to see this day. Because the 'innocent majority' will be paying for the crimes of the few in their midst.

I think the Church is calling this day 'Armageddon'.

No money, no oil, no weapons they possess will help them. And nobody will be separating women and children from the lot.

I know that this sounds terrible. It is. Just as what is being done today to us by 'them'.

I am not calling for this to happen. I do not wish to see it happen. But it will.

As to your not trusting any Muslim - don't feel bad about it. Their Prophet teaches them the same about you.

Any of these militants that are captured should be handed over to the Kurds and let them deal with them the same way that they have dealing with the defenceless people they have dealing with.

Stoning, amputations, beheading, up to them I dont really care how they are dealt with, just deal with them.

At last the US has acknowledged the threat we face and are now contemplating how to deal with it, quick as you can please, its getting stronger all the time.

Radicals,

Fanatics and;

Moderates.

Your Radicals have been totally brainwashed by certain Islamic Leaders and will strap a bomb to themselves and walk into a school or market, blow themselves up for Islam and the destruction of non believers.

Your Fanatics are those that create the radicals but are cowards to blow themselves up. They know there is not 72 virgins waiting but lied to the radicals. They are the Clerics and the people that will appear on videos and threaten to or actually slit the throats of innocent people. example the guy who murdered James Foley. A coward who believes in Islam but would rather kill another than himself for the cause.

Your Moderates are just as bad. They protest various governments around the world for not accepting Islam and it's ways. Moderates are more dangerous as they are bringing governments to their knees with cries of religious vilification and racism. These two things are huge weapons and can bring a country to it's knees. More and more Muslims are moving to western countries and settling in specific electorates. (votes) If local politicians upset their Muslim population then they are afraid they may the upgrade them to fanatics and eventually radicals which has been shown in Australia. Two so called moderate Aussie Muslims have now been identified as beheading people in Iraq.

Ok there is maybe a 4th tier those that stay quiet but long for sharia law and will wait to see the outcome and then say I was always on your side.

You may add tier 4 and 5 to your classification. 4 - as you said the quiet ones waiting for Sharia to come. 5 - the quiet ones not wanting the Sharia, the 'progressive' ones.

Because they are!

And the fact that the extremists are a tiny minority will not help the majority.

I hope not to live to see this day. Because the 'innocent majority' will be paying for the crimes of the few in their midst.

No money, no oil, no weapons they possess will help them. And nobody will be separating women and children from the lot.

I know that this sounds terrible. It is. Just as what is being done today to us by 'them'.

I am not calling for this to happen. I do not wish to see it happen. But it will.

As to your not trusting any Muslim - don't feel bad about it. Their Prophet teaches them the same about you.

It is very easy for a moderate to look the other way and hope the call to jihad does not come in their lifetimes, especially with the danger that comes,from making a stand against the extremists. This is indeed the other side of the coin from the PC Westerners who mischaracterize such atrocities as nothing to do with Islam and hoping the war against jihad does not come in their lifetime.

The trouble is that denial delays the day of reckoning, but makes it that much worse when it arrives. Unfortunately we are past the time that moderate liberal solutions will suffice, IMHO this is the defining problem of our age, Western civilization rests on some very tough action which will offend liberal sensitivities if it is to work.

• Like 2

Radicals,

Fanatics and;

Moderates.

Because they are!

It is very easy for a moderate to look the other way and hope the call to jihad does not come in their lifetimes, especially with the danger that comes,from making a stand against the extremists. This is indeed the other side of the coin from the PC Westerners who mischaracterize such atrocities as nothing to do with Islam and hoping the war against jihad does not come in their lifetime.

The trouble is that denial delays the day of reckoning, but makes it that much worse when it arrives. Unfortunately we are past the time that moderate liberal solutions will suffice, IMHO this is the defining problem of our age, Western civilization rests on some very tough action which will offend liberal sensitivities if it is to work.

What 'very tough actions' do you deem necessary?

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Oh dear! According to this James Foley was originally captured by the 'Free Syrian Army' (The ones we armed) who then gave him to ISIS as a demonstration of allegiance.

http://www.ibtimes.com/james-foley-allegedly-used-token-allegiance-group-joined-isis-1664272#.U_UqRzOxIJZ.twitter

In other words finding moderate Muslims to arm is just asking for blowback.

Anyone who has ever lived and worked in this region knows that the very concept of a free syrian army was dreamed up by marketing types because the phrase rings like freedom fighters, worthy allies, etc. It enables the appearance of an oppressed people, finally having enough, battling bad minority forces- Alawites= Asad.

The fact is, secularists could never have a legitimate standing amongst their peers and the religious imans who's favor is always courted for mandate- fatwa. Secularists are a western concept. Islam has no such provisions. It is basically like describing color to a blind person. It does not compute and for those enlightened few who grasp such concepts, they would hardly be steeped in warfare, nor would their enlightened ideas spread in Sharia like the west purported regarding the free syrian army.

No, its apparent that Seymour Hirsch's 2007 investigate piece on what the west was doing in Syria and the levant, in creating this monster was spot on. Everything he said would come to pass has. Life has coincidences, this is not that. Without question IS is a creation of the US et al. Indeed, even the first great pics of the advancing IS army, depicted their endless caravan of new Toyota trucks revealed the hand of the west. These trucks were all purchased by the US State Department for the free syrian army. This is an entire fabrication of the west. It is based on some propositions: A fractured levant denies contiguous hegemony to Iran. A fractured Iraq restores sustainable traditional borders of ethnic/religious peoples, finally permits a military capability in the Kurds, and attrits future threats by their killing each other. (Moreover, as Israel and the west are always secondary targets in jihad, this enables asymmetrical threats against Israel to distill into singular entities).

You will never find moderate muslims picking up arms to wage war against IS and the like because the mind that would enable the road to understanding the freedom and equality and fraternity of man is the same road that tends to sway one from warfare, and suffering. (This is the reason the west can hardly contain they're confusion and what to do; nor can the western mind fully grasp the threat). There are moderate muslims but they are not a majority. There are moderate muslims but they are not arrayed on the battlefields today. There are moderate muslims but you may only see their possible actions in state players, if they act. They are not acting instead they are sponsoring IS et al to consolidate jihadis and recast the geography as a proxy. (BTW the only real regional secular "muslim" army, Turkey, is hardly any longer).

• Like 1