The Thai Kebab

Guest distilling

Guest distilling

Hi there,

Ate breakfast at the Bake N' Bite on Chan Klan the other day and noticed a poster up for a place called the Thai Kebab--Falafel, Kebab & Schnitzel for 45-50 baht that looked pretty good (in the advert photo at least...). It was supposedly right down the road so I rode down to check it out, but couldn't find it. Even tried again a couple of nights later, and couldn't locate it. It's supposedly directly across from the hospital on Chan Klan right after the intersection. I even found a fairly recent thing about them on the Citylife webpage. Is it gone? Has it moved? Is it hidden/Am I blind? I walked the whole length from the 7-11 right there up to the corner. If the flyer spoke true, it's less than half the price of Jerusalem Falafel!

Haven't noticed that place. There used to be a kebab/falaffel place down by the moat in between DK Book Center's parking lot and the girlie bars on Loi Kroh, but I think they had to close down. I had a kebab there twice, and they were acceptable but not fantastic.

I'm afraid our kebabs from there ended up being fed to the dogs. The meat seemed to be off.

The next time I passed, they had closed down.

Hi there,

Ate breakfast at the Bake N' Bite on Chan Klan the other day and noticed a poster up for a place called the Thai Kebab--Falafel, Kebab & Schnitzel for 45-50 baht that looked pretty good (in the advert photo at least...). It was supposedly right down the road so I rode down to check it out, but couldn't find it. Even tried again a couple of nights later, and couldn't locate it. It's supposedly directly across from the hospital on Chan Klan right after the intersection. I even found a fairly recent thing about them on the Citylife webpage. Is it gone? Has it moved? Is it hidden/Am I blind? I walked the whole length from the 7-11 right there up to the corner. If the flyer spoke true, it's less than half the price of Jerusalem Falafel!

It was a crazy place to locate a resaurant catering to farangs.

It's amazing what people will do to avoid the rents in the Thapae Gate area. :o