Concrete Cleaner

jagi00

I have a pressure washer that has a reservoir in the wand. I fill that with bleach, spray it on, wait a few minutes and wash. It isn't perfect but it's a lot easier than just pressure washing with water. I'll be watching to see if someone knows a miracle chemical that works and i'll try it.

• Like 1

Ive used a 3M product called Heavy Duty Cleaner. Its suppose to be for cleaning bathrooms etc but Ive also used it on concrete floors. I believe its got phosphoric acid (Or an acid like that) as an active ingredient and thats what reacts with the concrete....

Dont get it on any cuts as it stings like hell; it is strong stuff which is suppose to be diluted but I use it straight on concrete that has algae on it and use a stiff bristle broom to loosen up the heavy areas. After about 5 minutes I simply hose the area down.

5 litre bottle in Macro is less than 300 baht from memory.

15% Hydrochloric acid is the best concrete cleaner, as long as you don't wash it off onto your lawn.

Hardware shops on Sidonchai have it as do swimming pool companies.

Yes, hydrochloric acid will work but I was hoping to find a cheaper solution - if you have any more of that 'vintage' wine that might do the trick......

• Like 1

15% Hydrochloric acid is the best concrete cleaner, as long as you don't wash it off onto your lawn.

Yes, hydrochloric acid will work but I was hoping to find a cheaper solution - if you have any more of that 'vintage' wine that might do the trick......

smile.png:)smile.png lmao.... Hell you can't get much cheaper than hydrochloric acid.

• Like 1

Would hydrochloric acid work on pebble dash concrete or would it loosen the stones?

Would hydrochloric acid work on pebble dash concrete or would it loosen the stones?

That's exactly what is was used for in Australia by pool companies, and no it didn't loosen the stones.

Pressure washer does it. Nooooooooo chemicals.............thumbsup.gif

And remarkably cheap to buy at Home Pro,Global House etc when you run it up against buying chemicals and inhaling same.

No point doing any cleaning until rainy season has finished otherwise you will be doing it twice.