Thailand indicts 26 on terrorism, arms charges

Lite Beer

"Experts say there are armed elements on both sides of Thailands bitter political divide"

Why are all the arrests, land confiscations, and corruption charges reds? Yes, they tagged the creator of the yellows for charges very similar to the Thaksin conviction (with a much longer prison sentence, and which curiously he will never serve), but... They even said the experts know, meaning everyone knows. I am all for curbing militant factions (yes, there are peaceful reds and militant yellows -- SHOCK). I am all for curbing corruption -- both sides. I am all for reducing misery -- both sides. Where are the PDRC arrests for stabbing a man when he was with his pregnant wife and 'violated' the cones the guards illegally put on the road? Where is the arrest of the perps from the man from Lumpini park who was kidnapped and tortured for a week, and then wrapped up and thrown in a klong to die? Where are the arrests for the bus that was burned in Dong Mueng and a boy burned to death inside? Where is the land reclamation from Suthep's son who has taken land on Ko Samui and encroached?

WHERE ARE THESE ARRESTS? They are, and will be -- no where, EVER.

What about what is NOT happening...anyone?

But... but SUTHEP!

Pathetic diversionary post, by the way, the "bus that was burned in Dong Mueng and a boy burned to death inside" is a complete fabrication; that no PDRC members involved in violence have been arrested is another.

Your answer is interesting. Interesting in that you cannot answer the question posed but instead resort to a child-like calling it a "pathetic diversionary post" and revert to "but but SUTHEP" response. Yours is clearly a diversionary post as you cannot answer the question and adopt a spoiled 10 year old child's stance

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Experts say there are armed elements on both sides of Thailands bitter political divide"

Why are all the arrests, land confiscations, and corruption charges reds? Yes, they tagged the creator of the yellows for charges very similar to the Thaksin conviction (with a much longer prison sentence, and which curiously he will never serve), but... They even said the experts know, meaning everyone knows. I am all for curbing militant factions (yes, there are peaceful reds and militant yellows -- SHOCK). I am all for curbing corruption -- both sides. I am all for reducing misery -- both sides. Where are the PDRC arrests for stabbing a man when he was with his pregnant wife and 'violated' the cones the guards illegally put on the road? Where is the arrest of the perps from the man from Lumpini park who was kidnapped and tortured for a week, and then wrapped up and thrown in a klong to die? Where are the arrests for the bus that was burned in Dong Mueng and a boy burned to death inside? Where is the land reclamation from Suthep's son who has taken land on Ko Samui and encroached?

WHERE ARE THESE ARRESTS? They are, and will be -- no where, EVER.

What about what is NOT happening...anyone?

But... but SUTHEP!

Pathetic diversionary post, by the way, the "bus that was burned in Dong Mueng and a boy burned to death inside" is a complete fabrication; that no PDRC members involved in violence have been arrested is another.

Your answer is interesting. Interesting in that you cannot answer the question posed but instead resort to a child-like calling it a "pathetic diversionary post" and revert to "but but SUTHEP" response. Yours is clearly a diversionary post as you cannot answer the question and adopt a spoiled 10 year old child's stance

Would you not agree, Posts #26 & #27 already showed, FangFerang's question/allegation has already been answered, and shown to be BS ? facepalm.gif

Indeed! So your post would have been better off being fired off to AleG, right?

the suspects were allegedly intent on a “large-scale attack” in Khon Kaen

And I live 2 minutes from the apartment that held these red terrorists. They were caught because the good, concerned and honorable people of KK "dobbed" them in.

The majority of Thai's despise terrorism. 7% cherish it.

My children and I thank the good General and the majority of Thai's for ensuring they were caught.

​One cannot forget who was at the top of the org chart in the apartment room as well.

​thaksin…..

Of course there will be silence or denial on that front. Maybe even a "fake" news story might suffice as an excuse for the red apologists if they are too lazy to come up with a better excuse.

According to the military court charges, 22 people were arrested in a hotel (allegedly meeting to plan violence), not an apartment. Do you know "the good concerned and honorable people of KK" that "dobbed them in"? Can you tell me where you got this information? Where did you get the idea that 7% of Thai people cherish terrorism?

Oh yes, of course, who could forget the organisation chart, found "in the apartment room". I mean, what self respecting terrorist organisation doesn't pin up an organisation chart with a silhouette of the leader at the top mysteriously named as "the mastermind who lives overseas" just in case their "apartment" is raided?

Talk about fake news stories, you couldn't make it up...................... whistling.gif

There is an investigative report in the BP which is probably more reliable than the post above.

• Like 1

the suspects were allegedly intent on a “large-scale attack” in Khon Kaen

And I live 2 minutes from the apartment that held these red terrorists. They were caught because the good, concerned and honorable people of KK "dobbed" them in.

The majority of Thai's despise terrorism. 7% cherish it.

My children and I thank the good General and the majority of Thai's for ensuring they were caught.

​One cannot forget who was at the top of the org chart in the apartment room as well.

​thaksin…..

Of course there will be silence or denial on that front. Maybe even a "fake" news story might suffice as an excuse for the red apologists if they are too lazy to come up with a better excuse.

According to the military court charges, 22 people were arrested in a hotel (allegedly meeting to plan violence), not an apartment. Do you know "the good concerned and honorable people of KK" that "dobbed them in"? Can you tell me where you got this information? Where did you get the idea that 7% of Thai people cherish terrorism?

Oh yes, of course, who could forget the organisation chart, found "in the apartment room". I mean, what self respecting terrorist organisation doesn't pin up an organisation chart with a silhouette of the leader at the top mysteriously named as "the mastermind who lives overseas" just in case their "apartment" is raided?

Talk about fake news stories, you couldn't make it up...................... whistling.gif

There is an investigative report in the BP which is probably more reliable than the post above.

Yes DJ, you simply must post a link to back up your claim. Does not matter where the link takes us, but post a link. (most people probably don't click on them anyway) Even if it is to some wacko site that publishes rubbish by Bangkok Pundit !

This story about redshirts being armed and dangerous is just too much for some of us ! clap2.gif

................"There is an investigative report in the BP which is probably more reliable than the post above.".........................

The truth is often stranger than fiction. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Most of them charged without any evidence and all physically & mentally intimidated into signing confessions.

OK. Please let us know the source of this information and the evidence.

Please don't tell me you only get your news from The Nation.

OMG -- I fell over backwards - ROFL

OK, to be fair, there have been other reports about the alleged 'KK model'. It should be noted that this Khon Kaen Model was 'discovered' by the army on May 23rd 2014 - a date of no significance, right?

Other articles talked with people who know the suspects and they don't tell the same story as the army.

Other similar stories provide reason to doubt the veracity of the army in this case.

The army has been practicing their 'conversation skills' with hundreds of 'volunteers' and some have been 'happier than words can say' until they have managed to flee the country. Once their story was told, and not very flattering to the Junta, either, the reports of their story were censored, and they were charged with possession of military weapons and weapons trade - as these KK model suspects have been.

It looks like a convenient MO for the junta to round up opponents and suppress dissent.

• Like 1

Most of them charged without any evidence and all physically & mentally intimidated into signing confessions.

so no answer and no source...then...another one of your walter mitty made up stories..

Yes. If he bothered to read the Op he'd have noticed that the report came from AFP.

OK, to be fair, there have been other reports about the alleged 'KK model'. It should be noted that this Khon Kaen Model was 'discovered' by the army on May 23rd 2014 - a date of no significance, right?

Other articles talked with people who know the suspects and they don't tell the same story as the army.

Other similar stories provide reason to doubt the veracity of the army in this case.

The army has been practicing their 'conversation skills' with hundreds of 'volunteers' and some have been 'happier than words can say' until they have managed to flee the country. Once their story was told, and not very flattering to the Junta, either, the reports of their story were censored, and they were charged with possession of military weapons and weapons trade - as these KK model suspects have been.

It looks like a convenient MO for the junta to round up opponents and suppress dissent.

Well, it looks like you finally "made it".

You have posted a comment that was "liked" by the Grand Poo Bah of trolls.

It was probably that rule-breaking last line that did it.

Congratulations. thumbsup.gif

So some articles that 'talked with people who know the suspects' have a different story. Yes, just like the mother or friend who swears that the son or pal wouldn't hurt a fly.

The army has been doing a pretty good job of clamping down on the violence and arresting many who the previous regime tried to blame on self-inflicted wounds. The lies have been exposed.

The vast majority of those temporarily detained by the army said that they were well treated and a few have done a 'Thaksin' after it emerged that they faced charges and arrest. The Lese-majeste cases are the exception and I sympathise with them.

As for rounding up opponents to suppress dissent, that's a lot better than having your militia kill those who expressed dissent before the army took over.

What other articles...please quote

Oh it's yet more unsubstantiated propaganda

This is interesting. .......

similar writing style to another redshirt apologist who has disappeared from TV..

Nobody is fooled anymore by these lies and deceptions. .give it up..please!!

• Like 2

similar writing style to another redshirt apologist who has disappeared from TV..

Other articles are easily found in most cases, but sometime they are blocked. Especially the article related to mistreatment of detainees from the junta. It's hardly unsubstantiated or propaganda, but the claims of abuse have naturally not been investigated by the military and if they ever were, would you believe them? Tip - it would be the same as believing the internal investigations of the FBI.

Lies and deception? Events are events. You can't call them lies.

These are the weapons that the "opponents" you refer to were found with, in case you havent read the rest of the topic.

590x393x640_c7b5ck6a5be689kb9kjjd.jpg.pa

590x393x640_jc996ikbb9b88e85f8g8f.jpg.pa

Do you not think it is a good idea to "Suppress" those would express their "dissent" with such an collection of lethal weapons ?

Or do you believe that amassing such a collection would be normal for a group who would wish to express dissent ?

• Like 1

Other articles are easily found in most cases, but sometime they are blocked. Especially the article related to mistreatment of detainees from the junta. It's hardly unsubstantiated or propaganda, but the claims of abuse have naturally not been investigated by the military and if they ever were, would you believe them? Tip - it would be the same as believing the internal investigations of the FBI.

Somehow it would seem the stories about mistreatment by the junta are only substantiated by those who fled the country and took the opportunity to tell all they wanted without fear someone would verify what they told. Something like "they fled for their lives and believes, so it must be true".

It's up to the accuser to prove allegations.

BTW I must admit taking away a mobile phone from a Thai female is real cruel although even I at times contemplate the usefulness of such acts. Mind you, I fear my wife more than I do the NCPO rolleyes.gif

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Somehow it would seem the stories about mistreatment by the junta are only substantiated by those who fled the country and took the opportunity to tell all they wanted without fear someone would verify what they told. Something like "they fled for their lives and believes, so it must be true".

BTW I must admit taking away a mobile phone from a Thai female is real cruel although even I at times contemplate the usefulness of such acts. Mind you, I fear my wife more than I do the NCPO rolleyes.gif

I stopped replying to your posts because you wilfully misunderstand what others (not just I) post.

But your comment about those who have come forward with information about their time with the junta is just unbelievably callous. Some (but not all) have fled the country. Do you think they did that lightly? Do you not have at least a teeny tiny bit of empathy for what some people are currently going through and what they have gone through?

The "accuser"? How conveniently you name a possible victim of torture. Maybe some one should, for example, rape you and then you could become the "accuser". Would you understand then?

No, there is a reason you won't see me replying to your posts.

It's so easy to post lies about what has been blocked because you or no one else can verify or disprove your allegations. I can also make a ridiculous assertion that nothing was blocked and it is equally impossible to verify or disprove. I'm not talking about all the web sites blocked over the past years.

There has been one - yes one - claim out of the hundreds that were temporarily detained. She changed her tune after being caught up in weapons distribution just like those in the Op. Anyone who believes her is just gullible or fanatical.

It is best to be sceptical of anything one reads until some verification emerges. Personally I am more than sceptical of what you have written because it sounds like conspiracy talk to me.

• Like 2

It seems that most of them were caught red handed in the rooms where the weapons were stored, as a result of some other members of the group who were rounded up and blabbed very quickly to the security forces in exchange for some benefit, probably lesser charges or sentences for themselves.

For those caught red handed with weapons, they can have no complaints as they clearly intended to murder their fellow Thais and cause chaos under the assumption that their protectors in the PT government would still be able to protect them. The maximum sentences are fair for them, is there is no reasonable doubt about their guilt. For any that were only implicated without firm evidence, there should be a very thorough investigative process and they should only be convicted, if there is no reasonable doubt.

• Like 1

I stopped replying to your posts because you wilfully misunderstand what others (not just I) post.

But your comment about those who have come forward with information about their time with the junta is just unbelievably callous. Some (but not all) have fled the country. Do you think they did that lightly? Do you not have at least a teeny tiny bit of empathy for what some people are currently going through and what they have gone through?

The "accuser"? How conveniently you name a possible victim of torture. Maybe some one should, for example, rape you and then you could become the "accuser". Would you understand then?

No, there is a reason you won't see me replying to your posts.

A possible victim of torture? Is that the same person you mentioned as 'mistreated by the junta'?

Anyway, how many have fled the country, could you name all those 'victims of the junta'. Could you name what they are accused of and what evidence was given?

BTW willfully misunderstanding what others post seems like an accusation of refusing to agree with them.

PS first an 'adios', now 'will not reply'. Let's say 'three times lucky'?

Cheers from a rainy Bangkok,

uncle rubl

• Like 1

It's so easy to post lies about what has been blocked because you or no one else can verify or disprove your allegations. I can also make a ridiculous assertion that nothing was blocked and it is equally impossible to verify or disprove. I'm not talking about all the web sites blocked over the past years.

There has been one - yes one - claim out of the hundreds that were temporarily detained. She changed her tune after being caught up in weapons distribution just like those in the Op. Anyone who believes her is just gullible or fanatical.

It is best to be sceptical of anything one reads until some verification emerges. Personally I am more than sceptical of what you have written because it sounds like conspiracy talk to me.

well, to be fair to TB, some of his posts are rapidly removed. Clearly a conspiracy rolleyes.gif

?

"He said the group — named the “Khon Kaen Model” by the army — include farmers, a bank security guard, a school director and business owners."

scary group

But very fanatic red terrorist, who obey order of red hardliners

well, to be fair to TB, some of his posts are rapidly removed. Clearly a conspiracy rolleyes.gif

I have a feeling that I'm on TB's childish 'no reply' list too. I'm flattered.wink.png

Edited by khunken

The crimes they are accused of are heinous and, if guilty, they deserve severe punishment, although preferably from a civilian court, so they can't complain they were unfairly treated. But these seem to be only small fry. It would be good to see the commanders and financiers go on trial but that will probably not happen.

The crimes they are accused of are heinous and, if guilty, they deserve severe punishment, although preferably from a civilian court, so they can't complain they were unfairly treated. But these seem to be only small fry. It would be good to see the commanders and financiers go on trial but that will probably not happen.

Are all new charges of this kind (with emphasize on new) automatically passed to Military Courts as probably dictated by the Martial Law ?

I would think that 'normal' cases the Military Court doesn't get, or immediately passes on ?

Maybe you would want to point out which parts of my post are lies, if that is what you meant. You are aware that the laws about what you can say and not say have changed in Thailand? You know that there are rules on this forum to protect you and to protect me - and also to protect the owners of this site? You'll just have to live with your own 10 fingers and google.

Nearly 600 have been officially detained - meaning their name is on a list somewhere.

All have been forced to sign a statement that they will not engage in any political activity.

The lady who says she was not properly treated did not say that until she was safely out of reach. Your timing is a bit off - it was the junta who charged her with the weapons charges after she came out with her statements. That they only charged her with weapons charges at that time and not during the nearly four weeks that she was in their custody is suspicious at the least. And she was detained without any information for several weeks and the junta denied at first that they had her in custody.

A recently detained student has also made statements about his treatment. He has not left the country.

Verification is a bit difficult, when the junta keeps people in undisclosed locations and doesn't allow any contact to the outside world, family or lawyers, don't you think? That is exactly why human rights organizations have been complaining directly to the junta. The junta says they don't mistreat anyone, but then there is zero transparency.

Maybe you would want to point out which parts of my post are lies, if that is what you meant. You are aware that the laws about what you can say and not say have changed in Thailand? You know that there are rules on this forum to protect you and to protect me - and also to protect the owners of this site? You'll just have to live with your own 10 fingers and google.

Nearly 600 have been officially detained - meaning their name is on a list somewhere.

All have been forced to sign a statement that they will not engage in any political activity.

The lady who says she was not properly treated did not say that until she was safely out of reach. Your timing is a bit off - it was the junta who charged her with the weapons charges after she came out with her statements. That they only charged her with weapons charges at that time and not during the nearly four weeks that she was in their custody is suspicious at the least. And she was detained without any information for several weeks and the junta denied at first that they had her in custody.

A recently detained student has also made statements about his treatment. He has not left the country.

Verification is a bit difficult, when the junta keeps people in undisclosed locations and doesn't allow any contact to the outside world, family or lawyers, don't you think? That is exactly why human rights organizations have been complaining directly to the junta. The junta says they don't mistreat anyone, but then there is zero transparency.

The democratic Yingluck Government also indicted opponents who protested against their blanket amnesty bill. That's obviously no problem as a democratic government did that.

It would seem democratic behaviour is only expected of juntas.

BTW the iLAW website is assessable from Thailand, so their list seems correct as far as names are concerned.

• Like 1

Just about all of your previous post was nothing but innuendo, unproven accusations and wild accusations of lies. I just returned your accusation. An example: 'Events are events. You can't call them lies.' you gave no specific example of 'events' so one certainly can call them lies.

The woman you refer to was accused months ago of being involved with arms along with the killed red poet. She knew very well that charges were likely and she may well have been a target too. Yes the army initially denied that she was detained and then admitted it. Just a left and right hand out of sync.

Where is the evidence that all detainees had to sign anything? A link or reputable source might help.

As far as I know most if not all detainees have been released, except for those charged or awaiting charges on weapons possession, firing grenades and guns. It was never going to be perfect but was very badly needed to stop the pre-coup violence and actually arrest many of those responsible, unlike the CAPO led violence-supporting police.

You also could provide some supporting evidence about the student you mention. Or is this another unsubstantiated allegation, which, again, your post is full of.

Edited by khunken
  • Like 2