Does Britain have a jihadi problem?

webfact

I know there's a problem but to be honest, I wonder how much of this is election propaganda:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11065167/Britain-facing-greatest-terrorist-threat-in-history.html

I think people might feel safer with Cameron in power rather than the alternatives, dunno.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know there's a problem but to be honest, I wonder how much of this is election propaganda:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11065167/Britain-facing-greatest-terrorist-threat-in-history.html

I think people might feel safer with Cameron in power rather than the alternatives, dunno.

It was under Labour that the problem became really bad.

I left Britain before Cameron got in, but I doubt much has changed.

It was under Labour that the problem became really bad.

I left Britain before Cameron got in, but I doubt much has changed.

Exactly, maybe this is just ramped up pre-electionseering emphasis in the knowledge that everyone knows that.

I really don't see why, see him exposed as another apologist idiot:

I have no time for that, grandstanders taking things out of context, if you read the bible cover to cover you can make a similar case for anything.

I really don't see why, see him exposed as another apologist idiot:

I have no time for that, grandstanders taking things out of context, if you read the bible cover to cover you can make a similar case for anything.

CM, well there's a lot of grandstanders with black head bands with white Cyrillic writing on them taking things out of context right now. They don't post YouTube videos sitting in front of a a book case wearing a pullover. They post videos of the children they're decapitating.

The chap in the video made very good points and demonstrated how the Bullingdon Club fellows had obviously skipped the class on Islamic extremism at Eton. Waste of a good education.

• Like 1

<snip>

Britain has joined with the EU and no longer controls is sovereign borders nor does it make immigration policy. The wackos can waltz in, get benefits, fail to assimilate, and it's actually perfectly legal for them to do it.

<snip>

The EU does not control the UK's immigration policy; but as a member of the EEA the UK is signed up to the EEA freedom of movement directives.

These directives only apply to immigration from within the EEA; from outside the EEA the UK's own immigration rules apply.

This includes being prohibited from claiming any public funds and having to pass two English test of increasing difficulty as well as a Life in the UK test.

Most immigrants do attempt to integrate; although ghettoes do arise; mainly due to the indigenous population moving out when immigrants move in. That has always been the way, unfortunately, and certainly does nothing to help integration.

When among themselves most immigrants probably talk in their native language; just as my wife and her Thai friends do.

How many posters here who live in Thailand have made any attempt to learn Thai, let alone integrate into Thai life?

• Like 2

<snip>

Britain has joined with the EU and no longer controls is sovereign borders nor does it make immigration policy. The wackos can waltz in, get benefits, fail to assimilate, and it's actually perfectly legal for them to do it.

<snip>

Most immigrants do attempt to integrate; although ghettoes do arise; mainly due to the indigenous population moving out when immigrants move in. That has always been the way, unfortunately, and certainly does nothing to help integration.

Total rolox..............rolleyes.gif ...................You ever heard of Brixton.........laugh.png

I haven't read all the replies - Sharia tribunals are already part of the legal framework in the UK.

No, they are not. As I said above, like Beth Din, they are voluntary and their rulings are not legally enforceable.

• Like 1

Does Britain have a jihad problem? Doesn't nearly every single place on earth have a jihad problem?

Not in the same way that Britain has.

Next they start demanding that Britain change for them rather than the other way around. They manage to lay a guilt trip on anyone who criticizes them.

The Jihadists are dangerous. They will increasingly put Britain in danger, yet it's improper to speak out against all of it.

The British nationals are helpless to stop it. They have their PC government favoring outsiders, EU rules to follow, and the citizens aren't armed, if it comes to that. They have become completely impotent against a growing threat.

I still think Britain is the greatest country on Earth, for several reasons. It has been in all of modern history.

I just can't believe they'd let it come to this and I hope they can find reverse gear.

The wacko's NS are the grandchildren of the immigrants the UK imported to run the woolen and cotton mills in the north of England in the 1950's/1960's, in exchange for their labor we allowed them to become citizens and the law at that time and subsequently allowed them to bring their families over to join them.

The UK textile industry became so reliant on Indian and Pakistani labor that during the 1965 war between those two countries, 80% of the workforce went back home to fight for their respective countries, the woolen and cotton industry almost ground to a halt as a result.

Despite the country's reliance on that labor force, immigrants were always treated as second class citizens, today they have built city wide communities and their grandchildren have not forgotten the past and they continue to be treated as second class citizens.

This is not a European Parliament issue, this is a legacy UK issue that has come back to haunt.

I know these things because my father owned a textile mill in Batley, as a young lad I would sometimes join dad on his Saturday morning visit to the mill where he would, I'm ashamed to say, bark at the immigrant workforce, the disrespect was plain to see and it's still there amongst many people in much of the UK.

Mosha, am I right or not?

Edited by chiang mai
  • Like 1

I haven't read all the replies - Sharia tribunals are already part of the legal framework in the UK.

No, they are not. As I said above, like Beth Din, they are voluntary and their rulings are not legally enforceable.

Did you note the word, tribunal?

Back to the actual topic.

The radicalisation of some elements within the British Muslim community is a problem; no one is going to deny that.

The question is; what to do about it?

A toughie; but this article shows one way: "Untold" story of WW2 stirs Muslim youth pride.

The causes of the radicalisation of some British Muslim youths are many and varied; but the hate and bile directed at them by those who share the views of certain posters here certainly helps to push some of them over the edge into returning that hatred.

Fortunately, this group from South London is far more representative of British Muslim youths than those who have turned to radicalisation.

James Foley murder: Ahmadi youth members speak out on radicalisation of British Muslims

<snip>

UK also permits Jewish law for civil matters.

And Sharia law in the same way.

Religious courts already in use

But, as with Jewish Beth Din courts, the decision to use a Sharia court is voluntary and their rulings are neither legally binding nor enforceable.

I know, had assumed those, at least those who are from the UK, would be well aware of the facts

• Like 1

Yes.

From Dictionary.com

noun

1. a court of justice.

2. a place or seat of judgment.

So, what is your point?

The radicalisation of some elements within the British Muslim community is a problem; no one is going to deny that.

A toughie; but this article shows one way: "Untold" story of WW2 stirs Muslim youth pride.

The causes of the radicalisation of some British Muslim youths are many and varied; but the hate and bile directed at them by those who share the views of certain posters here certainly helps to push some of them over the edge into returning that hatred.

Fortunately, this group from South London is far more representative of British Muslim youths than those who have turned to radicalisation.

James Foley murder: Ahmadi youth members speak out on radicalisation of British Muslims

I don't hate anyone but many folk moving to the UK hate me and most of the natives cos we don't think like them. You want to make excuses for them, up to you.

• Like 2

http://www.matribunal.com/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2957428/Sharia-law-courts-operating-in-Britain.html

Quote from second article - "The government has quietly sanctioned that their rulings are enforceable with the full power of the judicial system, through the county courts or High Court. Previously, the rulings were not binding and depended on voluntary compliance among Muslims."

Muslim arbitration tribunal (MTA), a network of sharia courts, has been operating in London, Manchester, Bradford, Birmingham and Nuneaton since 2007 under the 1996 Arbitration Act. These make decisions that are legally binding and can be enforced by the English courts, provided they do not conflict with English law and both parties choose to use them.

If you want to know the details go to:

• Like 2

From the above link.

MAT will operate within the legal framework of England and Wales thereby ensuring that any determination reached by MAT can be enforced through existing means of enforcement open to normal litigants.

If acting as arbitration tribunals in civil disputes and both parties agree to abide by the ruling.

Exactly the same as with Beth Din.

Do you, Pattszero, object to Beth Din as well?

Edited by 7by7

Speaking of integration. I remember back in the late eighties a friend at school having a 24 hour armed police security detail at his house. Always two officers. This was a white English kid. Normal middle class English suburb outside Bristol.

Why?

His elder brother had married a Muslim girl (she married the lad against her family's wishes) and her father had put a fatwa on the whole family. They were all to be killed. One copper said "if they come through that door, I'm straight out the back, I've seen what these bastards can do".

This was in south west England!!!

As I live in the UK in a town with a high immigrant population whilst you live 6000 miles away, I think it is fair to say I have far greater comprehension of the integration of immigrants into the UK than you; especially as I am married to one!

One what a Muslim or Thai?

Edited by jacky54

Muslim arbitration tribunal (MTA), a network of sharia courts, has been operating in London, Manchester, Bradford, Birmingham and Nuneaton since 2007 under the 1996 Arbitration Act. These make decisions that are legally binding and can be enforced by the English courts, provided they do not conflict with English law and both parties choose to use them.

Yes, we know, utterly disgraceful

Edited by jacky54

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2957428/Sharia-law-courts-operating-in-Britain.html

Quote from second article - "The government has quietly sanctioned that their rulings are enforceable with the full power of the judicial system, through the county courts or High Court. Previously, the rulings were not binding and depended on voluntary compliance among Muslims."

Sorry didn't see your post - crossover -

Ruling must comply to the procedures of the UK 1996 Arbitration Act

• Like 2

As I live in the UK in a town with a high immigrant population whilst you live 6000 miles away, I think it is fair to say I have far greater comprehension of the integration of immigrants into the UK than you; especially as I am married to one!

One what a Muslim?

Immigrant, Thai, Buddhist.

I do have Muslim friends and work colleagues, though.

No doubt, even though none of them have shown any inclination to take up arms against the UK, you will now say that I have been brainwashed by them!

Sorry didn't see your post - crossover -

Ruling must comply to the procedures of the UK 1996 Arbitration Act

No problem -

Hence why I said "tribunal," and not court.

I don't hate anyone but many folk moving to the UK hate me and most of the natives cos we don't think like them. You want to make excuses for them, up to you.

I make no excuses for anyone who hates; especially anyone who hates because of differences in religious beliefs.

That includes not only Islamist extremists, but certain members of this board as well.

How many posters here who live in Thailand have made any attempt to learn Thai, let alone integrate into Thai life?

Same old trick of trying to shift the spotlight, the thread is about Islamic Jihadists in the UK NOT pensioners in Thailand. But lets take you up on your theme. Just what do you think the Thai response would be to a million and a half or so people in their country who by and large did not want to integrate, but who wanted,and did set up their own courts, tried to take over Schools, preached that other religions were monkeys and pigs, wore clothing just to put two fingers up to the host country and actively hated the country that gave them so many benefits.? obviously there are few benefits here, but in the UK they have free Schooling, free housing (if needy) free social services for their retarded kid, help from local authorities to build the mosques they preach hate from and free health care.

In the city I come from thousands of Muslims have made no attempt at all to integrate or learn English, a few ex pats here with no rights or benefits hardly makes that any more acceptable. Now the children of these people want to kill us, reject our culture and rape our children, why is that do you think?

The remark was made in a discussion about integration. Same old trick from you of cherry picking quotes.

I think that you are completely ignorant of UK immigration law; completely ignorant of Sharia and Beth Din courts, even though there have been several post here explaining them; completely ignorant of the role many Muslims play in the UK to the benefit of the UK; completely ignorant of the fact that most first generation immigrants and all their children do speak English; completely ignorant of the fact that, though a problem, the number of radicalised Muslims is a very small percentage of the total Muslim population of the UK.

You live in Thailand; do you speak Thai? Have you fully integrated into Thai life?

Or do you believe, like most anti immigration immigrants, that the rules are different for you?

No I don't speak Thai but where I live I am a Police volunteer, I talk to the Mayor of my town in English, so I think I am integrated.

As for the UK you continually make excuses for immigrants with your noooooooooo comprehension of them intigrating in UK society, thats why towns are being taken over by them, but YOU SAY it's the UK natives fault for moving out......cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So, even though you don't speak Thai you say you are integrated because you are a police volunteer.

What about the thousands of serving Muslim police officers in the UK; including the one who arrested the man later convicted of assaulting me in the street?

Are you saying that they have not integrated? cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

(See, I can use the silly smiley button, too. Not that it proves anything!)

Total rolox, I was in business in the UK for decades and know stuff. You are a blind f.....l.

Because of folk like you the UK is going to the dogs. Near everyone I talk to in the UK knows it, talks it, and fear to talk it cos of laws..........But you and your like carry on fugging up the country.

I have lived and worked in the UK for nearly 60 years; so how come you know more 'stuff' than I?

Fact is; you don't.

Fact is, I have an open mind and am not blinded by ignorance and prejudice.

Fact is, I do not judge millions of people by the actions of thousands.

Yes, we know, utterly disgraceful

Posts removed to enable reply.

Do you also object to Jewish courts they are in daily use in Britain, and have been for centuries. British Jews, particularly the orthodox, will frequently turn to their own religious courts, the Beth Din, to resolve civil disputes, covering issues as diverse as business and divorce.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7233040.stm

• Like 1