Ragu is a New Sponsor

theDukes

Hey just to be clear this is a promotion for Ragu. Someone's in the mall looking for a discount at The Duke's.

That someone was me.

Take a look at your initial post - "For the month of September you can get a 15% discount on all food items when dining in or taking out at The Promenada Resort Mall. Just mention the ThaiVisa promotion. No need to know the secret handshake or password or to have your trusty ThaiVisa ID and discount card." Bold face is yours.

When I checked today, your restaurant "Dukes" is in Promenada Resort Mall - right? You do not specify so there is where my confusion comes from. Maybe you are trying to keep a few too many irons in the fire and understand that you need to be more specific.

Prices went up some 8+% so it was going to be close to a wash anyways...

It was a promotion for Ragu becoming a sponsor. Not a problem. I just wanted to make it clear. Sorry for the confusion.

If we want to talk about prices going up in Thailand that would be a long discussion. Labor went from 6000 to 9000. Pork went from about 100 Baht to 150. That's a 50% increase. Thai beef, which we no longer use went up to the same price as Australian beef. Liquor prices went up in some cases by 30%. Prices have just gone crazy. It goes back to Thai economics. When business slows down you increase the price to make more money. Already many market items are cheaper or the same price as in the US.

Hey just to be clear this is a promotion for Ragu. Someone's in the mall looking for a discount at The Duke's.

That someone was me.

Take a look at your initial post - "For the month of September you can get a 15% discount on all food items when dining in or taking out at The Promenada Resort Mall. Just mention the ThaiVisa promotion. No need to know the secret handshake or password or to have your trusty ThaiVisa ID and discount card." Bold face is yours.

When I checked today, your restaurant "Dukes" is in Promenada Resort Mall - right? You do not specify so there is where my confusion comes from. Maybe you are trying to keep a few too many irons in the fire and understand that you need to be more specific.

It was a promotion for Ragu becoming a sponsor. Not a problem. I just wanted to make it clear. Sorry for the confusion.

If we want to talk about prices going up in Thailand that would be a long discussion. Labor went from 6000 to 9000. Pork went from about 100 Baht to 150. That's a 50% increase. Thai beef, which we no longer use went up to the same price as Australian beef. Liquor prices went up in some cases by 30%. Prices have just gone crazy. It goes back to Thai economics. When business slows down you increase the price to make more money. Already many market items are cheaper or the same price as in the US.

Suggest that, in the future, you get yourself someone to clarify your posts/statements before you send them out.

Your apology in passing is accepted... for what that is worth.

• Like 1

That someone was me.

Suggest that, in the future, you get yourself someone to clarify your posts/statements before you send them out.

And I'm sure he will accept yours, when you offer one.

• Like 1

Tossing out pearls of "wisdom" yet again?

I did not start the erroneous message therefore I an unable to see where any apology on my part is necessary.

That someone was me.

And I'm sure he will accept yours, when you offer one.

I too have noticed price increases everywhere these days

Signs of the times I guess

I also noted last time in Ragu the flatbread peperoni I usually buy went from 95 baht to 155 baht

Is there a different lunch vs dinner pricing?

Just curious & not implying prices are too high.

Ragu is officially one of our favorite spots these days & I have said so many times in the Ragu thread.

Just curious if like some places lunch & dinner prices may be different. If so could you give the hours

Thanks again for another great place.

Prom is a great place for a meal these days with Dukes, Ragu's, Fuji etc. Also maybe a new Mexican place coming?

Edited by mania

The pepperoni flatbread has been 155 since we have been going there (since it opened). They only have the one menu. No difference day or night.

On another note, the mushroom ravioli is still on the specials board, it is mind blowing. Save your bread sticks to dip in this succulent sauce.

The pepperoni flatbread has been 155 since we have been going there (since it opened). They only have the one menu. No difference day or night.

On another note, the mushroom ravioli is still on the specials board, it is mind blowing. Save your bread sticks to dip in this succulent sauce.

I guess maybe I had been going longer?

But you said since they opened hmm

The old menu was 95 & this new menu is 155

They have a nice new menu came out a few weeks back.

We first saw it around Aug 6th

Previously wife always had the Greek flatbread & I always had peperoni flatbread

Price total before with VAT etc 245 baht...

Again no complaints with new price just agreed that everywhere has gone up

Still my fav thing to order there along with a Cesar salad if I am hungry enough thumbsup.gif

Edited by mania