CBR300 Vs Ninja 250SL.

Deacon Bell

Would you buy the CB/CBR300 or Ninja 250SL?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy the CB/CBR300 or Ninja 250SL?

• CBR or CB 300.
    • Ninja 250SL.

This poll is closed to new votes

Thank You II2 , you made me laugh with your expression "get the underware off Mr Honda". HE HE. I understand what you mean. The engine itself (250 or 286) makes about the right power for a single cylinder engine. Now all we need - i want - is for Kawasaki to bring back the 300cc (?) single engine and put it in the KLX. Or even better a 400cc engine. Heres hoping.I love the naked Kawasaki frame (and most of the rest of the bike , except no USD forks), but ive always loved the Repsol colors of the Hondas. Can i have both please. Sorry for late reply , watching F1 qualifying.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank You II2 , you made me laugh with your expression "get the underware off Mr Honda". HE HE. I understand what you mean. The engine itself (250 or 286) makes about the right power for a single cylinder engine. Now all we need - i want - is for Kawasaki to bring back the 300cc (?) single engine and put it in the KLX. Or even better a 400cc engine. Heres hoping.I love the naked Kawasaki frame (and most of the rest of the bike , except no USD forks), but ive always loved the Repsol colors of the Hondas. Can i have both please. Sorry for late reply , watching F1 qualifying.

i would love to see a kawa klx 400 here or a crf 400 is ok too. for crossing the country from all gravel roads!

waiting kawa klr650 for some years, but never happened. had one before for a short time though, one of the best bikes on Earth imo. there is no bike that can do it all better than a klr650.

Now all we need - i want - is for Kawasaki to bring back the 300cc (?) single engine and put it in the KLX. Or even better a 400cc engine. Heres hoping.I love the naked Kawasaki frame (and most of the rest of the bike , except no USD forks), but ive always loved the Repsol colors of the Hondas. Can i have both please. Sorry for late reply , watching F1 qualifying.

Not really a cafe type myself but if you like that + the USD here is one a guy did.

but the twin of course.........Looks beefy

I just got done watching F1 also. Have really loved this season

But that was not Qual that was Practice 2

I saw practice 1 at 3 today

Qual is tomorrow at 7pm our time

post-82547-0-17501500-1409927450_thumb.j

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

II2 , KLX 400 , now youve hit the spot. Did you know Kawasaki did a KLX 400 several years ago but was really a rebadged green Suzuki DRZ 400 , then they both stopped selling the bike.Very small market for them now in England. My friend just bought an old KLR 600 for green laning (English dirt track / lanes and paths). I had a Honda XR 650 R - liquid cooled version - some years ago for green laning , but it was too big for me (im 172CM tall) and bigger than the small tracks / woods , and was kick start only. Superb bike , pulled like a tractor. Weighed about the same!. Sorry mania , i meant F1 practice .A lot of work has gone into this bike with new forks / radial brakes , but im not a fan of street-fighters. No offence to the skilled owner/builder.

• Like 1

Here's a nice comparison between the CBR300R and the Ninja300...

What's the current cost of the Ninja in Thailand at the moment?

http://therideadvice.com/kawasaki-ninja-300-vs-honda-cbr300r-beginner-sportsbike-comparison/

Ninja 300 price is 182,500 baht according to the Kawasaki website. That's almost 50,000 baht more. You get more power for that definitely but it's a big step up in price.

Here's a nice comparison between the CBR300R and the Ninja300...

What's the current cost of the Ninja in Thailand at the moment?

http://therideadvice.com/kawasaki-ninja-300-vs-honda-cbr300r-beginner-sportsbike-comparison/

Ninja 300 price is 182,500 baht according to the Kawasaki website. That's almost 50,000 baht more. You get more power for that definitely but it's a big step up in price.

True that it is a good deal more expensive & always was even back in the 250 years

When it was 158k vs Honda's 130k 250

But both bikes do seem to hold their price difference about evenly on resale comparing the two bikes.

Meaning I see used 2013 Ninja 250's go around 110-120k if a good deal

Those cost 158k new

http://www.olx.co.th/search/?r=&q=2013+Ninja+250

I see used 2013 Honda CBR250's selling for 80-90k & they cost 130k new

http://www.olx.co.th/search/?r=&q=2013+Honda+CBR250

I am guessing the Honda loses a little more on resale due to the sheer numbers available as

it is more plentiful in the used market due to the lower initial buy in & Honda's sheer size of market share.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

The twin cylinder Ninja,s are a very different performance bike to the single cylinder Honda. Comparing like for like (similar power and weight) the Honda is 133,000 Baht , the Kawasaki is 121,000 Baht , or 118,000 Baht for the naked version. The Kawasaki 250 SL may be a more suitable bike for many . I dont think , when just a year old , they will loose 40 / 50,000 Baht. ,

Edited by ktm jeff

I think often people buy bikes according to experiences they had with a particular brand/make of bike owned previously, for instance i have owned 4 suzukis in my life of which 3 went bad on me (also a bad accident on one) i could,nt bring myself to own another,

Owned 3 kawasakis and 1 went bad in a big way engine wise, the others were fantastic and i regret selling them to this day,

I once bought a secondhand honda (write off) then repaired it and rode around 60k km only doing oil - tire and brake changes without problems.

I own 3 hondas here in thailand and a yamaha in europe with no problems.

Edited by tingtongfarang

• 3 weeks later...

I just purchased last weekend a cbr300r for 133k for the abs version.

Happy with the bike its just being used as a communter in bkk to work.

I prefer the seating position to the kawai 300. I had one of these until 4 months ago before it came together with a car and I departed the seat.

For driving around bkk in traffic the 300 is a very good option and better torque down low.

If you wanna go racing get the kawai 300 but really where can you do that in bkk or if you want more power get a 600.

Sent from my c64

• Like 1

The price here in Pattaya @ Speed Bike Sukumvit Store / For the Repsol Edition : A total price include 2yrs Theft insurance was :142,300b

The Mityon branch wanted : 148,500b for same same . . , Any one recommend a cheaper store i nearby provinces ?

ALSO., The CBR300 have the 2way ABS System ... not the C-ABS . . , so whats the difference?!

The price here in Pattaya @ Speed Bike Sukumvit Store / For the Repsol Edition : A total price include 2yrs Theft insurance was :142,300b

The Mityon branch wanted : 148,500b for same same . . , Any one recommend a cheaper store i nearby provinces ?

ALSO., The CBR300 have the 2way ABS System ... not the C-ABS . . , so whats the difference?!

ABS Sytem =

"Unlike previous incarnations of Honda’s ABS, which combined the front and rear brakes, the new ABS system on the CBR300R applies the technology to each wheel independently."

Great News !

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased last weekend a cbr300r for 133k for the abs version.

Happy with the bike its just being used as a communter in bkk to work.

I prefer the seating position to the kawai 300. I had one of these until 4 months ago before it came together with a car and I departed the seat.

For driving around bkk in traffic the 300 is a very good option and better torque down low.

If you wanna go racing get the kawai 300 but really where can you do that in bkk or if you want more power get a 600.

Sent from my c64

There's plenty of places in BKK, everybody always TRY'S to race me. I've got a CBR 600RR ;-)