Brake Pads: Door-To-Door From UK In 5 Days!

BKKBike09

nice price!

so, no custom tax?

Nope, this packet came through unmolested by Customs. Same with the brake levers I ordered earlier this year, and a tail tidy. Former from PRC and latter from UK. I think size and weight make a difference. To be honest I was expecting the brake pads to get stopped because two sets in a small padded envelope weighs a bit. Perhaps it's part of the "return happiness to the people" drive laugh.png

• Like 1

Just out of interest !! Can't you get all this upgrade stuff and helmets in Thailand cheaper.?

Most things I do in fact buy locally

Like the EBC HH pads cost me 3000 baht for 2 sets so bought locally

Same for Full Exhaust, rear sets, Filter, frame sliders etc.

Fork Springs you cannot get here except progressive springs & I wanted straight rate springs so imported from US

The Helmet I bought a Scorpion Exo R2000 is not sold in Thailand at all.

So imported

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Just out of interest !! Can't you get all this upgrade stuff and helmets in Thailand cheaper.?

Some things, sure. For aftermarket accessories etc, much depends on what bike you have. Something that is popular and therefore common in the local Thai market generally is quite well served. But for anything that's imported in small numbers (ie my FZ09) the choice is very limited when it comes to model specific stuff ie shocks / springs; brake pads / lines; mufflers. Most of those things have to be imported and, if you order through the official local dealers, it can take a looooooooooong time. I've had an Ohlins rear shock on order since early July and I've just ordered a Yoshi exhaust, which will take 2-3 months ...

Gear like helmets, gloves etc I think tends to be more expensive here, although equally you can find good deals (when compared to UK prices) from time to time at Paddock / Panda etc.

• Like 1

i prefer to support the shops and motorcycle industry here in Thailand with the money i earned in Thailand.

As this way, these shop and industry get developed more and invest more and basically provide us better service with better goods with more models and quality. Lets say i contribute!

That is why try to buy all necessary parts or gear here and i found prices mostly cheaper than importing from abroad.

If you dont get hit by customs taxes, it is fine but that it looks like now jut depending on your luck and now they call you to the customs shop, there is no way i can go there as someone working fully on weekdays for example!

I've also used wemoto, similar story as very quick and usually no import tax.

Last pads were from a Ducati dealer in Yorkshire, Ducati Chiang Mai quoted 2500baht per pair for stock Brembo pads but the HH pads I ordered were 750baht per pair as VAT free and only 10quid shipping. Paid 2000baht in total for two pairs, same from Ducati would have been 5000baht but an inferior pad!