DNA tests will be done in Singapore

Lite Beer

Really cloudhopper? I don't see anything new, other than DNA tests will be now done in Singapore........

Just a note.....

Is not CIA, SE Asian Headquarters now in Singapore? Could be connection to getting Complete DNA Test done... Done properly!

A photo of the laughing stock of the world, gathered at the crime scene. Every time these guys open their mouths, they say something foolish.

Day 7; Theory #154B: The hoe was returned to where it belonged, so there must be another weapon?

No, wait!

Before you said it was behind a rock, under a sack. Now it's returned from where it was taken.

Geez.

Everything he said about DNA, is wrong. Is there no one in Thailand that the #1 guy in charge of the police can consult, before putting out more absurd statements?

Most pathetic, is they are so egocentric, none even realize they are the object of worldwide derision.

I dare someone to start one of those regular threads here on TV, Is Thailand a Third World Country?

I think we all know the answer.

• Like 1

Singapore DNA testing - Out of the pan of falsehoods and into the fire of mistakes?

"In January 2012, the Singapore Attorney General’s Chambers (AGC) issued a media release acknowledging the occurence of faulty DNA-testing at the Health Sciences Authority. This has led to public debate on post-conviction DNA-testing. While the governmental agencies involved have proactively taken steps to address this mistake, this incident highlights the need for independent post-conviction review procedures. Mistakes, even when unintentional or minor, can have substantial impact. Over 400 cases had to be reviewed in this instance. The mistake took place between October 2010 and August 2011, the AGC was informed of this in September 2011, and the media release was published in January 2012. Having a formal and transparent post-conviction review procedure, as opposed to responding to individual cases on an ad hoc basis, will ensure a more prompt and thorough processing of cases. More importantly, while the public’s confidence in Singapore’s criminal justice system remains generally high, this incident demonstrates the very real possibility of human mistakes."

Isn't it standard police procedure in Thailand to release dozens of statements to give the impression that they're hot on the perps trail, including wild guesses? This done to make the criminal nervous (some guesses may be close to the mark) and surrender to the nearest police station, since voluntary surrender + confession means a more lenient sentence with a chance of pardon later. Edgar Allan Poe style.

Over the years I've read plenty of police stories that ended this way. Not this one, I'm afraid.

Edited by orosee

Singapore DNA testing - Out of the pan of falsehoods and into the fire of mistakes?

"In January 2012, the Singapore Attorney General’s Chambers (AGC) issued a media release acknowledging the occurence of faulty DNA-testing at the Health Sciences Authority. This has led to public debate on post-conviction DNA-testing. While the governmental agencies involved have proactively taken steps to address this mistake, this incident highlights the need for independent post-conviction review procedures. Mistakes, even when unintentional or minor, can have substantial impact. Over 400 cases had to be reviewed in this instance. The mistake took place between October 2010 and August 2011, the AGC was informed of this in September 2011, and the media release was published in January 2012. Having a formal and transparent post-conviction review procedure, as opposed to responding to individual cases on an ad hoc basis, will ensure a more prompt and thorough processing of cases. More importantly, while the public’s confidence in Singapore’s criminal justice system remains generally high, this incident demonstrates the very real possibility of human mistakes."

Although Singapore doesn't have a Gen. Prayuth I would assume that between January 2012 and now the Singapore Government will have improved procedures as to minimise human mistakes.

ADD: the quote seems to have come from

http://wrongfulconvictionsblog.org/2012/02/15/singapore-dna-testing-mistake/

Edited by rubl

They could start taking cigarette butt samples from around town bars that are the same brand and testing them. If they find the killers hangout they may find him or them.

Why not have a one million baht reward for information ? The current 50k is nothing considering the country could loose billions from this.

The FBI lab would most likely not cooperate with DNA testing for a legal case. The chain of custody of the samples has most likely been seriously compromised and the FBI would be called on to testify to their findings and conclusions.

An independent lab, with fewer legal restraints, might do it, but the FBI would be likely to decline.

Why aren´t they looking at, who could have a possible motive, to brutally smash the heads of the couple. I have read in another thread, that a son from one of the HiSo families on the island, had been harassing the girl in a bar earlier that evening. Why aren´t the bib checking all males, that had talked to or been near the girl that evening? Why did the bib let the victim´s friends leave Thailand, instead of asking them to stay around, as they are the most important vitnesses to, what actually did happen earlier that night? A Thai who have lost face, will be desperate to get revenge, and if from a rich family on the island, might even had hired people from a gang to rape and kill the victims, instead of doing it himself.

Edited by Xonax

The police have to stop giving the clues to the press, they should just say we are following up on some new evidence that has come to our notice, we cannot say what it is at this point for fear of alerting the killer or killers.

I hope they have closed the island down. Would be their first grave mistake if they have not. People wanting to leave would have to give a voluntary DNA swab, if not they would be refused exit from the island.

Really cloudhopper? I don't see anything new, other than DNA tests will be now done in Singapore........

well they had already established the perps were Asian, now they will be able to identify skin and hair colour.

Well being as its a beach location and they are Asian, I will go out on a limb and say black hair and dark skin lol

With flip flops,

indeed very good news,

they will get now confirmation that Asians have black hair, ( if not painted )

and a light till middle brown skin ( if not too much whitening or sunburn occured )

I not sure if DNA would show whitening or sunburn ?

Did they do any drug tests on victims ?

as there seems to be no resistance from the female,

maybee she were put under drugs already in the bar ?

it happenend to me in another asian country, on order by tourist police,

later on , next days excused me the barkeeper,

as I got hot that they started to investigate my wife,

" as they were thinking " I touched a local girl - funny -

my wife were not a national from this country and also didnt speak their language !!

Thats Asia !

The question still remains. If they had initially sought any race as the perp and initially sought to identify the race rather than openly state a thai could not do this and it focus their search on farangs then maybe, just maybe the killers would have been identified and captured already. Their open comment here about being certain the killer is on the island still is merely a load of B.S. Wishful thinking and at the same time is restoring so much confidence for all women there wanting to go out at night. Hmmpp! Their ineptness and blunders in investigation techniques is amazing. I sincerely hope that even given so much time has passed and so many f-ups were done by the police that this killer\rapist is caught quickly.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Please dont forget to tell your friend,

That in Thailand we have BIG BIG problems with bad ghosts !!

I didn't see any Ghost house near the scene,

so hope police will also include this opportunity !!

whistling.gif I'm sorry, but frankly the information that all that data can be found in the DNA is pure television nonsense.

Especially, the information that any DNA test can determine the hair color.

All that DNA can provide is the probabilities it assumes of your origin.

As an example, if an English couple is living in Singapore at the time when they have a child, the child's DNA will NOT show he or she was born in Singapore.

And HAIR COLOR is NOT determined by DNA. Nor for that matter is skin color.

All that can be definitely stated is what the DNA reveals of the possible combinations and the likelihood based on the PROBABILITIES the DNA indicate.

All that can be said is that if he or she is of Asiatic origin, the probability that his or her hair will be black colored is GREATER than the probability that his or her hair will be blond.

So all that DNA testing can assert is the probabilities, but it can not PROVE a person's Race, Hair Color, National Origin, or area of birth.

All that can be done is to state the probabilities based on the percentages .

But, so as not argue, I'll just say this one time, and that is the end of the matter for me, now.

I'm gone now.

rolleyes.gif

You will just say something completely untrue just one time? Good job, bye then.

Obviously DNA cannot reveal where someone was born but it does hold markers of phenotypes and if they have access to the Hirisplex system in Singapore, hair, eye and skin color will be revealed quite accurately.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-19369028

On another theorie of a " bad ghost " ,

Have Ghosts human semen ?

( as usual you can see inThai films - ghosts many times take place in a human body !! )

Does a ghost smoke ?

can this be found out by DNA,

or it is a solid question to Thai people as they know how to handle ghosts;

Till now i havn't heard that a ghosthunter have been send to the iland,

( as usual you can see inThai films - ghosts many times take place in a human body !! )

Does a ghost smoke ?

Can answer already one question, have Ghosts human semen ?

My wife just told me that it happened in villages, that a girl got pregnancy

by a bad Ghost !

But she couldn't tell me, if the baby was than a human baby or a ghost baby ??

Have you heared about ??

If you guys would just check upon the different DNA testing methods available maybe things would become clearer. The most simple test reveals ethnicity ( I was born in the UK, where my family has been for at least 300 years, but got the Caucasus as ethnic origin). A good high school in Switzerland can do this test.If you want to narrow things down to the 'one in a hundred million' category, then it gets more complicated. Never mind.

What is most important that all the police reports over the years concerning 'DNA tests have proved' or 'disproved' such and such are rubbish.

well they had already established the perps were Asian, now they will be able to identify skin and hair colour.
Asian is not a specific race or ethnicity, mongolic or Mongoloid is, and they seem to have established that. For instance an Indian is Asian but is not a mongolic. Having said so the hair are almost surely black or anyway dark.

Does a ghost smoke ?

Can answer already one question, have Ghosts human semen ?

My wife just told me that it happened in villages, that a girl got pregnancy

by a bad Ghost !

But she couldn't tell me, if the baby was than a human baby or a ghost baby ??

Have you heared about ??

Absolutely ridiculous, everyone knows babies come from cabbage patches.