Large Night Club Like Former Colosseum in Thong Lo?

OliverKlozerof

Just did a search here for "Colosseum." Apparently there's a ladyboy cabaret in Pattaya with that name. But that's not what I'm looking for.

When I moved to BKK about 8 years ago there was a place near Thong Lo BTS that also went by that name (I think). Went there once or twice. Cavernous club with fun music/dancing shows by Thais. Mostly Thai audience, but some farang, of course. But shortly after I moved here it was torn down and now there's a tall residential building there.

I've been meaning to ask here if anyone knows of a similar type place in BKK. Of course, the closer to Sukhumvit the better. I know there are some very upscale clubs/members clubs/hostess clubs that have bands, but that's also not what I'm interested in.

Anyone?

Thx

Edited by Rooo
Font

Yup ... I just went to Tawandang for the first time this weekend and thought it was very similar to Coliseum from old days.

The place gets crowded on weekend night so may need to book in advance. The quality of food, service and entertainment was excellent.

Have been to a couple of Carabao concerts at the 2 venues. Cheap to get in and good food etc. I think there's a similar place in Klong Tan as well.

Ha! the second time I tried to go to Coloseum back in 2006 was to see Carabao. The band was so late arriving (like 1.5 hours or more), I finally gave up and left!

Tawandang sounds worth checking out--thanks.