Chinese Tour Coach Crash in Jomtien

webfact

Chinese Tour Coach Crash in Jomtien

china-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police and medics received an urgent call to attend a coach crash which occurred on Jomtien Second Road just before 6pm on Sunday, which was known to be carrying Chinese Tourists.

Arriving at the scene it quickly became apparent that no one sustained injuries during the crash which involved a coach operated by the First Transport Company. The driver, Khun Somshai aged 46 confirmed that he was carrying 37 Chinese Tourists, who were all accounted for and sustained no visible injuries.

The driver claimed that a motorbike cut across his path as he was travelling along the road. He took evasive action to avoid a collision with the bike and hit a street pylon situated on the central reservation and then crossed over to the opposing carriageway, narrowly avoiding oncoming traffic.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/146211/chinese-tour-coach-crash-in-jomtien/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-09-22

more probably fell asleep ... why would anyone take "evasive action" with a bus, risking to kill someone in oncoming traffic just to avoid a motorcycle?

Properly because is a human reactions to avoid a accident. You will only see the motorbike to avoid, and don't see the rest

True..... In the West.......

Tour Coaches - and most other vehicles, use Jomtien 2nd Rd as a speed track. Especially the Tour Coaches........The dips in the road ad extra danger as they speed along this stretch of road. How many have been killed on Jomtien 2nd Rd?? I've lost count! Put some 'Speed Bumps' or other Speed deterrents in place, not that lane markings will be taken notice of by most drivers, but why not mark the entire road?

• Like 1

Know the area well, motorbikes DO normally, illegally, cross with no regard for flow of traffic. Also since the intersection has been under construction the speed of traffic to and from has increased tremendously

Know the area well, buses DO normally, illegally, speed with no regard for any other traffic...

No enforcement, no hope. No debate.

• Like 1

more probably fell asleep ... why would anyone take "evasive action" with a bus, risking to kill someone in oncoming traffic just to avoid a motorcycle?

I wasn't there so I don't know if the driver fell asleep. One can only speculate concerning this and the evasive action mentioned.

I wasn't there so I don't know if the driver fell asleep. One can only speculate concerning this and the evasive action mentioned.

If he fell asleep, he probably would not have seen the alleged bike and there would have been more damage and injuries as breaking is delayed. Most drivers do not fall asleep in city limits. No doubt there were witnesses, and also at times witnesses call in statements hours later and those statements eventually get in the police report. I invested accidents for 25 years. Many times news articles are inaccurate.

The most dangerous part of this road is the bend as you approach the top of the rise - ½ to 1 k north of this intersection. Partic for motorcycles.

In the northbound fast lane, the central island juts out onto the normal driving line. If you clipped the divider on a bike at speed, your chances would not be good.

I live in condo in background, have great view on second road, watched them build the thing (poorly and wrongly). Seems they copied some US divided road system but forgot to use mirror image, since US drives on other side of the road. It is so commonplace to see motorcycles driving against traffic, going down sidewalks. On second near Jomtien Beach condo there is a split in divider about 100 feet or so from exit of condo and more often than not people take the challenge to go against traffic if want to go to market. Alternative is 1/4 mile drive to legit turnaround. Drivers story is totally believable (for once....).

I call bull sh_t. These drivers drive like lunatics and are not going to swerve to miss anyone on a scooter.

Just my personal experience and thoughts living in Jomtien and riding my scooter on Second Rd. sad.png

• Like 2