Two die in separate alcohol-fueled incidents in Phuket

webfact

Two die in separate alcohol-fueled incidents in Phuket
Eakkapop Thongtub

1411382699_1-org.jpg
Rescuers retrieve the body of Sookson Jaiyen.

PHUKET: -- Two men died early today (September 22) in alcohol-related incidents, one with his throat slashed and the other drowned.

Just after midnight Wichit Police were called to a camp for Burmese workers where a 17-year-old named Mong (for legal reasons, not his real name) died in a frenzied attack perpetrated by his friend Mear (also 17, also pseudonymous).

Officers viewed the corpse of Mr Mong, who had been stabbed in the chest and in the left side of his face and had his throat cut almost to the spine.

Near the body, police found a broken alcohol bottle that the Mear had used to stab Mr Mong.

Mear was waiting for them and willingly surrendered to police. He told them, “We were best friends but we were both were drunk and I lost control after we got into an argument.

“I hit him and smashed the bottle before leaving the scene. I told him not to come after me but he refused to end the fight. He came up behind me and hit me so I stabbed him three times.”

Police charged Mear with domestic violence under the influence of alcohol. The body of the victim was sent to Vachira Phuket Hospital for relatives to pick up.

At 6 am the body of a local bartender washed onto the shore after he drowned at Patong Beach.

The victim, 19-year-old Sookson Jaiyen of Rassada, was estimated to have died no more than two hours before.

A friend told officers that he and Mr Sookson were drinking on the beach after finishing work at 2am. They went swimming and Mr Sookson was swept away by the big wave. “I tried to save him before calling for help,” the friend said.

Forensic police will examine all evidence but police there were no signs of violence on the body.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/two-die-in-separate-alcohol-fueled-incidents-in-phuket-48834.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-09-22

I'Ve been Rat-Araed loads of times, but I would never want to murder someone or even attacking them with a. Bottle.. ???

Alcohol affects different people in different ways. Some people get violent, while others don't. Possibly more than alcohol was involved.

Edited by ldnguy

Possibly more than alcohol was involved.

You are desparately trying to deflect blame onto other drugs when there is no such evidence. Ethanol is a harmful drug in comparison to many other drugs (including illegal ones) and its consumption can and does cause these kinds of tragic incidents.

How differently would these incidents have been perceived and handled if the consumed drug was an illegal one?

• Like 1

One post has been removed please take note of the following rule that you agreed to when you signed up to Thai Visa:

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.