Ex-DJ Travis guilty of sex assault

Lite Beer

Ex-DJ Travis guilty of sex assault

The former DJ was tried under his real name, David Griffin

Former Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis has been found guilty of indecently assaulting a researcher on the Mrs Merton Show in 1995.

A jury at Southwark Crown Court convicted him by a majority verdict of 10-2.

He was found not guilty of indecently assaulting a woman while he was working on a production of Aladdin in 1990.

And there was no verdict on a further charge of sexually assaulting a journalist at his home in 2008.

The 69-year-old, who was tried under his real name David Griffin, was a DJ on BBC Radio 1 until 1993 and a regular host of Top of the Pops.

Read More: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29331740

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-09-23

To summarise this : Man found guilty of squeezing womans breast nearly 20 years ago.

I once saw a guy slap a sexy woman on the arse in a nightclub some 20+ years ago, should I now report it to the police as they seem to be cracking down on this sort of thing ?

The world's gone mad. Or rather the UK has.

Found guilty on one charge...

(I am not saying he was not guilty of the other charges, but it was not proven nor must they be considered when sentencing.)

Question, did the victim scream, slap his face, kick him in the balls, at the time of the assault?

Did she go running to a senior person in the BBC to report the assault?

Did she report it to the police?

Thing is did any one who was assaulted by him do so? as I am sure he was guilty of some of the other offences.

Thing is had someone done so, something would have probably been done to stop it, it may well have been hushed up but as far as the BBC goes he probably would have lost his job/contract, and it would probably have stopped.

As for sentencing, this is sexual assault, but not a brutal rape, it was 20 years ago, he is getting on in years, what is the probability of him re offending?

I would think something like a suspended sentence and a community service order to be appropriate.

• Like 1

I dislike relatively minor crimes like this being pursued so long after the event and at great expense to the taxpayer.

It is a waste of resources, and would not have been pursued had the person been unknown.

And now, to annoy a few, a little dark humour.

He has been found guilty of squeezing a position 4 inches above where her breasts currently are.

• Like 1

To summarise this : Man found guilty of squeezing womans breast nearly 20 years ago.

I once saw a guy slap a sexy woman on the arse in a nightclub some 20+ years ago, should I now report it to the police as they seem to be cracking down on this sort of thing ?

You think this is mad. Just be thankful you weren't out partying with him when he did whatever he did...

Joint enterprise. This is scary.

http://documentaryheaven.com/guilty-by-association/

Keep the current great unwashed 'shocked and appalled' by prior offences in the then non-existent nanny state. PC rules in this millenium, commonsense and a bit of rough justice has become a matter for Whitehall...Still keeps their tiny minds off the real crimes that go unprosecuted - mission accomplished.

How about trying Samuel Pepys in absentia?

Plenty of documented evidence there! What a hoot!

Tom Jones should litigate against all those fawning sycophantic females for chucking their undergarments on stage. If the voice ever goes Sir Tom (heaven forbid) you have new source of income - all those now post menopausal women to sue!

You think this is mad. Just be thankful you weren't out partying with him when he did whatever he did...

Joint enterprise. This is scary.

http://documentaryheaven.com/guilty-by-association/

The law has truly gone mad. Scary stuff indeed. So if yo suddenly discover someone in your group has a gun, & you run away immediately because you disagree & do not wish to be involved, even that is "fleeing the scene of a crime." It is called "picking the low-hanging fruit" nothing more. That is lazy, cowardly Policing.

All these women now jumping on the "accuse a celebrity" bandwagon years after the event make me puke!

Okay, they may have had their breasts squeezed, or a hand put up their skirts, but what did they expect from latching on to celebrity DJ's or pop singers in the "Swinging Sixties" - the time of "Free Love"? They probably bragged about it at the time that they were "with" the person that years later they are now trying to drag through the courts to possibly ease their own conscience, or get themselves a few quid for giving a sordid "kiss and tell" story to the media.

Reminds me of a certain beauty contestant who went to a World Champion boxer's bedroom in the early hours of the morning, and compained of being sexually assaulted. What did she expect - tea and biscuits? Come on,girls, you were all for it at the time - why complain now?

• Like 2

Exactly - this whole <deleted> paedo witch hunt is a <deleted> joke.

I hate Britain for this kind of petty shit.

No wonder people want financial independence and are all looking for ways to leave that dump.

• Like 2

I still think the UK police force needs to created a task force to raid old folks homes and exact confessions of childhood sexual inappropriate behavior...so they can become fodder for tabloids and holier than thou folks can feel good about themselves...

• Like 1

3 month suspended sentence. no jail sentence and RIGHTLY so . All the females who were wrong and remained anonymous,you gained nothing. Best wishes DLT Not a sexual predator , ruined a guy , lost his home and life savings . Tax payers money wasted . Another stain on British justice

Edited by kingalfred
  • Like 2

3 months suspended for 2 years, to some this may seem light, but lets also understand what this will have cost him...

• On the Sex Offenders register for 7 years.
  • Almost certainly the BBC will not employ him again.
  • Work opportunities will be limited, certainly not allowed to work with children and vulnerable adults.
  • Other work such as working for other TV or radio station is highly unlikely.
  • Could not even get a part in a Xmas panto as one of the ugly sisters
  • Lot of his savings lost in defence costs.

A broken man.

The only time people in the UK see the police these days is when there is a football match or a march or demo somewhere. This presents a great opportunity to get paid overtime for doing little more than stroking their truncheons. Can also be seen on a regular basis sat in their cars in the car parks of fast-food joints stuffing their faces with junk. Unpaid Community Officers are used for beat duties, the paid ones stay in their warm cars.

• Like 2