Retirement visa

You always have to fill in form - and depending on what you actually have is how you do so. Do you have a retirement extension of stay or a valid O-A issued by a Consulate outside Thailand? If O-A you enter the visa number and get a new one year permitted to stay on entry. If and extension from immigration you enter the re-entry permit number and get stamped in for date on that (your extension expiration date).

Don't forget if you are on an extension of stay you must obtain a re-entry permit prior to leaving Thailand.

• Like 1

Hi, yes I have extension of stay just required retirement visa in Pattaya showing money in bank, visa with multiple in out options with out going to immigration, I have re entry permit already stamped in passport is that the number I use to fill in form when I re enter, thanks for quick reply.

Always make sure you tell the immigration officer that you have the 'retirement' visa, and muli re-entry permit, Put the form you fill in for immigration in the page your visa is stamped on, and have the passport open at the Visa/multi re-entry permit. That way you save the immigration officer the time to look through your passport to find the information, and having brought to their attention the type of visa you have you minimise the chances of them making an error. It goes without saying that no matter how tired or irritable you may feel after your long flight, be polite, and always greet them in Thai and say thank you in Thai. I cringe sometimes when I see people who just thrust a passport at the immigration officer without a word. You probably might feel miffed at having to wait a while to get through, but they have probably been sitting there for hours looking at passport after passport, a little civility can smooth your passage through immigration no end, and finally as mentioned in a previous post, check that your passport has been stamped correctly and the time limit on your stay on the stamp should be the expiry date of your 'Retirement' visa

• Like 2

I just put both the retirement visa and multi-entry permit #'s on my arrival card. I've never had to point out my visa and entry permit stamps in my passport to an immigration officer.

One thing I learned is that the visa # is actually the # put on the entry permit stamp…and the entry permit # is the # put on the visa stamp. I know it sounds backwards from what you would expect but that is the way it is.

Always make sure you tell the immigration officer that you have the 'retirement' visa, and muli re-entry permit, Put the form you fill in for immigration in the page your visa is stamped on, and have the passport open at the Visa/multi re-entry permit. That way you save the immigration officer the time to look through your passport to find the information, and having brought to their attention the type of visa you have you minimise the chances of them making an error. It goes without saying that no matter how tired or irritable you may feel after your long flight, be polite, and always greet them in Thai and say thank you in Thai. I cringe sometimes when I see people who just thrust a passport at the immigration officer without a word. You probably might feel miffed at having to wait a while to get through, but they have probably been sitting there for hours looking at passport after passport, a little civility can smooth your passage through immigration no end, and finally as mentioned in a previous post, check that your passport has been stamped correctly and the time limit on your stay on the stamp should be the expiry date of your 'Retirement' visa

Excuse me for hi jacking this thread, but my question is much the same. I entered Thailand with my re entry permit (not multiple entry) with retirement extensions on 21st Aug, my extensions end on the 15th Dec, do I need to report to Immigration 90 days from the 21st Aug, or is that me OK till the 15th Dec? Thanks.

You always have to fill in form - and depending on what you actually have is how you do so. Do you have a retirement extension of stay or a valid O-A issued by a Consulate outside Thailand? If O-A you enter the visa number and get a new one year permitted to stay on entry. If and extension from immigration you enter the re-entry permit number and get stamped in for date on that (your extension expiration date).

Don't forget if you are on an extension of stay you must obtain a re-entry permit prior to leaving Thailand.

interesting that I have and extension of stay for one year and just arrived back in Thailand recently - the only stamp I got was the arrival stamp dated the same day - my extension is still dated for next year - just saying

Excuse me for hi jacking this thread, but my question is much the same. I entered Thailand with my re entry permit (not multiple entry) with retirement extensions on 21st Aug, my extensions end on the 15th Dec, do I need to report to Immigration 90 days from the 21st Aug, or is that me OK till the 15th Dec? Thanks.

You report 90 days after last arrival so 90 days from 21 Aug with that being day one.

Your report will be due 90 days from August 21st (Nov. 18th).

Your report will be due 90 days from August 21st (Nov. 18th).

Thanks Joe.

smedly, on 28 Sept 2014 - 17:47, said:
lopburi3, on 28 Sept 2014 - 09:13, said:

interesting that I have and extension of stay for one year and just arrived back in Thailand recently - the only stamp I got was the arrival stamp dated the same day - my extension is still dated for next year - just saying

Your extension of stay is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, however you still have to report to Immigration every 90 days.

You will need to next report again 90 days from the Arrival stamp date.

You're confusing what was said about someone with a valid O-A visa, who would be given a new one year permission to stay each time he enters and someone with a extension of stay & re-entry permit. The extension and (multiple) re-entry permit keep the same expiry dates when you return to the country. They would only be changed when applying for a new annual extension and re-entry permit. Two different issues.

I have tried this several times but they always go to the front page to scan the passport before they look for your extension of stay and re-entry permit by this time the entry and exit card is in their fist and no where near your numbers.

• Like 1

Hi, yes I have extension of stay just required retirement visa in Pattaya showing money in bank, visa with multiple in out options with out going to immigration, I have re entry permit already stamped in passport is that the number I use to fill in form when I re enter, thanks for quick reply.

Get the form, fill it out, and DO NOT LOSE the part you keep. Took me miserable 4 hours to get 'replacement.'

As previously advised it is, indeed, the re-entry permit number you enter in the "Visa No" fields on the TM6 arrival card. And, following advice provided on this forum, I also now enter the words "RE-ENTRY PERMIT" immediately after these fields.

• 2 weeks later...

Newbie here with a question . I just received my non Imm o-a with multiple re entry when I leave do I get a re entry permit number ? My visa only has 1 number

In the first year, until the "entry before date" you don't need a re-entry permit. On the last entry, after said date, you will need one to keep it valid until the "allowed until date".