Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

This 3 guys was cleared before, If I don't remember wrong. Now suddenly the confessed...right
But in the end is win win for the Burmese, there families get a few million baht, they do pretty short jail time.
And everyone is happy. Still wondering why the Burmese running in the resort on cctv, maybe he rent a ac room.

What everyone one was thinking happen, end of story maybe...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai Police find a suspect who confesses and you still don't believe it.

I know a thai person could not do these crimes.

But they could rape a 13 year old girl and then throw them to their death from a moving train?

My personal favorite crime stories are the doctors who kill and cut up their GF or wife and dispose of the remains.

There was a famous one from decades ago called something like "Seeoui" who killed and ate children if I remember correctly. That story is a real gruesome one.

Every country has people like this. It is the human condition to be capable of both love and murder and mental illness, among so much more.

If they David and Hannah were having sex on the beach then why has does the DNA on the sperm match 2 Asians and not once as it mentioned as being of a Caucasian.

The fact they try and make the victims look immoral after their deaths shows the Thai way of thinking.

They also found a used condom on the beach as well.

I'm staying open minded about this latest news, all of the evidence seems to point elsewhere but lets wait and get the full story first, I'm not sure they have big enough balls to try the frame up with so much attention on them.

Many people are not going to believe this, just as many people have already posted in this topic.

For people to believe this, all the evidence will need to be tested and verified by an outside agency and that means even taking DNA swabs from the bodies again.

I doubt it was these guys. They would have known about Burmese on the island who left and they took DNA samples. They were determined to find a foreigner and they managed to even arrest friends of the victim, but some rather lowly Burmese workers evaded the police? I doubt it.

Will they find their DNA? Of course, they are Burmese workers. Their DNA will likely be on the hoe that they used while working that day.

I am sorry to say this investigation has reached a new low.

The families of both victims need to have the British Embassy to without doubt confirm the DNA found matches the alleged confessors. The pressure to solve this case and have so much revealed in the media has created a circus out of this heinous crime. The media must be informed once the investigation has been completely concluded not this ridiculous piecemeal approach that gives hope and throws allegations left right and centre. Enough the Police have made a mess ok now clear it up honestly and give credibility to your profession not monkeys hopping for bananas.

"Win later admitted that he saw the two tourists having sex so he made the attack with a plan to rape the woman."

The original DNA test on the deceased girl was said to not reveal any of the deceased guy's DNA and one journalist report went further to say that the two had not had sex. Tests on the DNA inside the condom had revealed the semen of two Asian men. I wonder how RTP are going to square away these earlier pronouncements with the details of the "confession" of Win.

Stinky stinky. I think a revised confession may well be in course of construction. Win needs to nail his mate as well!

I don't remember there being a condom in the evidence, but of course I cant keep track of all the details in this bizarre story.

One thing: two guys sperm was in the same condom? or there were 2 condoms?

I remember clearly that they found DNA from sperm that was taken from both inside and outside the victim.

on the very beginning they told, that also a condom were found near the crime scene,

but later not mentioned with DNA comparisons;

Really? What nationality raped and killed that little girl on the train. I thought he was Thai.

Scapegoat or not...remains to be seen. Thai Police can't be trusted in most of the cases, agreed. But so much hatred and bitterness towards Thai people in general in this topic.....unbelievable. It really makes me wonder what are you still doing in this country.

It's nothing to do about what we are doing in this country,it's about right and wrong and justice for the victims and honest closure for the families.Hope you don't have a mishap here and depend on BIB,but then again if you do you might have a different opinion.If you do don't look for sympathy on here.

This is complete bullshit. The UK and Myanmar embassies should get involved right away. That island is infested by mafia and corrupt police. Don't believe this for a minute. The people in the bar that night know what happened. And they aren't talking because those in high places are implicated. Just disgusting.

Regardless of who gets involved, I get the impression from you that no-one's going to talk anyway.

Many people are not going to believe this, just as many people have already posted in this topic.

For people to believe this, all the evidence will need to be tested and verified by an outside agency and that means even taking DNA swabs from the bodies again.

Quite simply a condom will be riddled with DNA of David if this is what is suggested.

"Win later admitted that he saw the two tourists having sex so he made the attack with a plan to rape the woman."

The original DNA test on the deceased girl was said to not reveal any of the deceased guy's DNA and one journalist report went further to say that the two had not had sex. Tests on the DNA inside the condom had revealed the semen of two Asian men. I wonder how RTP are going to square away these earlier pronouncements with the details of the "confession" of Win.

Stinky stinky. I think a revised confession may well be in course of construction. Win needs to nail his mate as well!

I don't remember there being a condom in the evidence, but of course I cant keep track of all the details in this bizarre story.

I remember clearly that they found DNA from sperm that was taken from both inside and outside the victim.

on the very beginning they told, that also a condom were found near the crime scene,

They said they found a condom with Hannah's DNA on the outside but nothing on the inside, so it was most likely what David was wearing when they were having sex.

In the media report it states DNT test is this something new or just the usual fishwrap not having a qualified reporter or editor?

If it were my family, I would be most concerned that the original DNA taken from the victims has also been forwarder to so outside , independent facility. Otherwise what is to prevent the powers that be, in their need to make an arrest, from getting the new perp, extracting a DNA sample from him and substitute it in place of the original DNA sample , then taking another from the perp from which to draw a match.

I do hope some outside neutral, independent party will be able to keep tabs on this...... as the police have all the pressure of the world on them to provide a successful end to this investigative farce.

Quite simply a condom will be riddled with DNA of David if this is what is suggested.

Maybe if the condom had spermicide in it, that could of dissolved any DNA inside it.

If they are the perps, I'm glad they've been caught. But I hope the Myanmar embassy demands confirmation of the DNA match from an independent lab. And if any good can come out of this, I hope the police can set up some policies on not spreading rumors about ongoing investigations.

5555,unfortunately,Myanmar embassy will be told what to say.

"OK, Myanmar worker, here's the deal - we want this international spotlight to go away so we can go back to being lazy cops extorting money from folk - if you say you did it, we'll arrest you, it will all be for show, and then we'll pay you 100,000 baht and send you back to Myanmar where you'll be free - everybody wins, see? If you don't agree, we'll just blame it on you anyway and you'll be executed - which deal do you want?"

I believe the condom that they found only had the female victim's DNA on it and no semen on the inside. It may have been used to rape her with an object, like the hoe. It probably wasn't used by the rapists.

This goes out to the family of the victims. When father time heals some of your grief please do this man a favour. Only you have access to uncontaminated DNA from the victims. Visit this man and steel a swab of his DNA and find out the truth for yourselves, unfortunately this will be the only solution for piece of mind. By all accounts we may be looking at three innocent victims here.

Really? What nationality raped and killed that little girl on the train. I thought he was Thai.

...and the Ferrari murderer who ran away like a girl.

Thai?

Thailand is the only country in SE Asia never to be colonised by Europeans.

Do you really think the Thai authorities care what the hell we think of their judgement? Thais love Thais.

Like it or not, people will never stop visiting Thailand. This is just another example of pre-historic ruling, never to be changed by white or any other skin.

It's quite obvious that if there was any real empathy or love to ALL peoples, then the authorities would have allowed outside investigators in from the start, just to prove co-operation and transparency.

Nobody who knows anything about Thailand, should be surprised in this outcome. Sorry to say.

oh! Darn it all - lost my Bet - I reckoned that Fall was the Guy

but I won't pay 'till it is Concrete/Proven/Done'n'Dusted - and the problem is, I guess, that will be when we see the Pol Chief in a photo taken of him - Pointing at the 'criminals'

Since when do Asian blokes wear condoms,especially opportunist rapists,and who shares condoms!!!

there needs to be clear evidence that this guy is not a scapegoat all tests should be verified by an outside trusted expert.

The problem will most likely be that the evidence has been (possibly deliberately) so much messed and tempered with (and/or not secured in the first place) that by now you probably can "photoshop" whatever "proof" you fancy based on these "results" and that the truth may never come out...

Let's see if "hard fact" evidence which actually CAN still be objectively evaluated by a third party will still be around when the time comes... I very much doubt it...

They said they found a condom with Hannah's DNA on the outside but nothing on the inside, so it was most likely what David was wearing when they were having sex.

Itd be impossible to use a condom and for it to leave no DNA, itd be riddled.

So we've come full circle, the real criminals have had time to forge alibies, pay people to shut up and to cover their asses, whilst the police have had time to find some people to frame, poor poor souls if this is the case. SMH Thailand