Koh Tao: All three migrant workers confess to rape and murder of British tourists

webfact

Does anyone know what the UK Ambassador actually said?

Hard to believe these were his worsds!

quote name="notbkk" post="8475793" timestamp="1412304737"]

Mr. Kent went on to praise the Royal Thai Police in solving the case and have shown exemplary professionalism as a crime fighting unit.

People from the UK must be so proud of their ambassador to Thailand.bah.gif

Yes, and the case has NOT been solved. "Innocent until proven guilty", Mr Ambassador! DNA tests only out "tomorrow". Trial awaiting!

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to the Royal Thai Police , and shame on you on this forum speculating if the DNA is false evidence etc,

Yes I know all of you wanted it to be a hi so influential Thai but sometimes the truth can be hard to swallow .

What is the fact is that 80% of the workers on the island are immigrants and most of them from Myanmar .

It should come as no surprise that the killers are immigrants .

Without a DNA match the discussions would have continued forever here on TV.

Now we will follow the trial until the end , and it will most certainly end in life sentence for the Burmese guy who is the killer , do you really think they want to be scapegoats when their life will end in a prison for the rest of their lifes? Not even 10 million baht will be worth it.

Again well done to the police.

Crap. There is no DNA evidence to link the Burmese as of now. And what do you think is meant by "Police officers then led the two to a safe-house where they were intensively interrogated."? A confession was beaten out of them in out of sight.

Looks like members now even refuse to read for the sake of posting crap.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/765351-koh-tao-all-three-migrant-workers-confess-to-rape-and-murder-of-british-tourists/?p=8475554

UPDATE:

DNA samples from two Myanmar workers match with those collected from British victim

Yes, and early in the investigation it was revealed that the Thais can't do real DNA testing and they sent some to Singapore after deciding not to use the US FBI.

Also, Cops can switch DNA samples around to make them match. We have no proof that they are even using DNA of the murdered woman.

I don't find it so inconceivable that these men would be capable of doing it: drunk, young, male, poor, illegally employed, drifter, sex deprived, cabin fever (island).

Do thaivisa naysayers accept that such people might commit murder?

Harry, i think is very conceivable that they could commit the crime- what is inconceivable is that it has taken them so long to find the 3 Burmese people.

Knowing the island well, i am sure if it was 3 Burmese people they would have been picked up very quickly.

Unless their accomplice could have been the untouchable son of the village head. Had they been apprehended immediately, there would have been every chance of him being implicated. 18 days later, never any need for him to submit DNA, all his ducks neatly in a row -time to re-visit the Burmese, interrogate and "ascertain "that they will confess only as much as they are "required" to.

All the evidence that is now being used to convict them was available and obvious from the beginning. There is a reason why these 3 were either never DNA tested before, or, if they were and results are positive, they have only now been arrested.

To me this would possibly explain why the silence of the locals has been deafening.

interesting that there are so many foreigners doing jobs that the Thai can obviously do

and so many foreigners doing jobs that the Thais would never do especially if they come

from a "powerful" family. I think it's dangerous to be a migrant worker in Thailand.

Mr. Kent went on to praise the Royal Thai Police in solving the case and have shown exemplary professionalism as a crime fighting unit.

i have said on several other threads on the forum that the ' art ' of diplomacy can be taken to extremes and can include being extra nice to the host nation especially when not warranted.

If he meant his words he's a fool and shouldn't be in the job and if didn't, and I trust he didn't, he could have said something less gushing.

He must be one of only a small number here that could consider ' exemplary professionalism ' was shown.

It would be justifiable if the families and media in Britain climbed into the Foreign Office about the whole situation.

maybe he was being facetious knowing the Thais would not realize what he was really saying.

there will be no money paid and i am dubious about any trial, i'd lay money that it will be a sentence hearing only as they alledgedly confessed

so no need to prove their guilt

i think you missed the plot

these people could work all there lives and not receive half of that figure

so lets say the accused have sacrifised their freedom in the belief that there families will be a lot better off financially

(just a thought) t remember these burmeese people live in abject poverty that is normal to them

Well done to the Royal Thai Police , and shame on you on this forum speculating if the DNA is false evidence etc,

Yes I know all of you wanted it to be a hi so influential Thai but sometimes the truth can be hard to swallow .

What is the fact is that 80% of 9890the workers on the island are immigrants and most of them from Myanmar .
It should come as no surprise that the killers are immigrants .

Without a DNA match the discussions would have continued forever here on TV.

Now we will follow the trial until the end , and it will most certainly end in life sentence for the Burmese guy who is the killer , do you really think they want to be scapegoats when their life will end in a prison for the rest of their lifes? Not even 10 million baht will be worth it.
Again well done to the police.

speaking of DNA: Mon supposedly supplied DNA and it was processed in hours instead of days. How come current tests of others' DNA takes days? His nephew, a prime suspect, hasn't provided DNA. Many Burmese low-classers were supposedly tested a week ago, but even now, none of their DNA has matched with the crime scene. All in all, Thai investigators have made a complete mess of the DNA trail. We can't even trust whether the original samples (or any samples) are reliable.

As for sentencing: ordinarily, this heinous of a crime warrants death. However, (and you can quote me on this), the Burmese scapegoats will get life sentences at most. Why? because with under-the-table payoffs (for forced confessions) a promise of 'no death sentence' gives the Burmese hope of getting out someday in the future, to get the money.

We'll see how this pans during the trail, especially if the defense Lawyer does not ask for an independent DNA Test to be performed on his clients

I'm sick and tired of hearing things

From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocritics

All I want is the truth

Just gimme some truth

I've had enough of reading things

By neurotic, psychotic, pig-headed politicians

All I want is the truth

Just gimme some truth

JL

I think Sean was there, and they were all high on drugs

David;s hero image is dead as, it is what I thought from the very start,

he was just getting started with the girl, and they hit him from behind and immediately jumped her while two guys drowned him

Of course Sean was there. The coward ran away and left David and Hannah behind. From hero to zero. All those posts on facebook by Sean are just reflection of his guilty conscience.

If Sean was with Hannah and David on the beach at the time of the attack then it doesn't make sense that Hannah and David were 'getting intimate'. I doubt they would choose to start getting it on with a friend hanging around when their rooms were so close by. So what would explain Hannah's DNA and no one elses on the condom?

Sean was with the bartender and the waiter,

not with David and Hannah

This is clearly a cover up, and the primary reason I say this is that as long as there are individuals who are excluded from any DNA testing, and as long as anyone is incriminated based on DNA testing, then we will never know. Additionally, nothing adds up to make any sense out of these three individuals. The way they write the story of their involvement, were it a school assignment, would receive an F grade simply because the dots do not connect, and the factors involved in their "confession" come out of nowhere without any explanation as to how those factors came to be.

I have caught natives in the past red-handed and in the act of doing something I did not agree with. On each occasion, they lied and said they were not doing what I caught them doing, and either went silent, got angry at me, or made every endeavor to mitigate the matter with further lies.

This is an island with a history. The foreign workers should be very afraid of being there after this. The message is clear that any further cases like this will exact further tolls on any number of foreign workers who dare to work there and hence make themselves out to be living alibis for native criminal activity.

Not only should foreign tourists avoid these places, but foreign workers as well. After an incident like this, I truly must say that I will have no further sympathy to express for the victims; those who are harmed, maimed murdered or accused ...for no other reason than to be the objects of wrath, desire, vengeance, scandalous opportunity or whatever the case may be.

Do I believe that these three had anything to do with these murders? Emphatically No!

Three employees (waiters) in a restaurant on the island enter a 7-Eleven convenient store and purchase cigarettes and alcohol.
-Where's the guitar?
-No one mentions a guitar?
-Did they have it in their pocket?
-Was it outside leaning against the rubbish bin alongside the garden hoe?

Then they are proceeding to a long on the beach close to the actual crime scene.
-Says who?
-Were they carrying a guitar?
-How did they come across the guitar?
-Did they premeditate where they were going to hang out and decide to plant the guitar there in advance, hoping that no one would steal their guitar when they finally got to the place that they had no idea they were going to?
-Were any one of them carrying a garden hoe, by any chance?

Then they are sitting on said log and consuming alcohol and playing a guitar
-Again, where did the guitar come from?
-It is a notable piece of information that most would not leave out.

Now they are drinking, singing and playing the guitar approximately 65 meters from the murder scene.
-65 meters from the murder scene looks like what?
-Answer: empty beach with no garden shacks to store garden rakes, hoses or hoes.
-So, where did the garden hoe come from... 65 meters from the beach and hundreds of meters away from any garden supply storage unit?
-No mention of "He noticed a garden hoe lying in the sand and thought it odd"

Later on they had seen the two British tourists walking towards a cluster of rocky reefs and were romantically embracing and cuddling each other.
-It is evening... dark. From 65 meters or further away one cannot truly make out details drunk, let alone sober.

Here's where it gets even more fantastic:

A drunken restaurant waiter, who works on an island rife with crime and killings, and ran by powerful mafioso's, and that does not scare the beejeezus out of him... suddenly gets curious and grabs a garden hoe (magically lying within reach in this random spot on an island beach where they decided to sit at) and goes to sneak a peek of the couple making out.

He is leaving his accomplices behind, or they are following him. What is it? This is not mentioned as any normal guilty person would mention. It simply states that he grabbed a garden hoe and went to spy on the two people.

He is watching them now and he gets sexually aroused and... SUDDENLY his two friends are alongside him with their magical guitar and bag of cigarette butts that they will scatter around the scene.

And SUDDENLY, because they are sexually aroused, and only because they are sexually aroused, it awakens murder in the heart of not one... not two, but three drunken men, and without any conversation whatsoever, and through the wonders of mental telepathy they all agree to engaging in an act of murder and rape at that single moment in time... from singing... to curiosity... to sexual arousal... to murder all in one go!

Suddenly they all act at once and begin to murder the male and dump his body in the sea (where it will miraculously wash back to the crime scene if the tide is right... or they have to carry the body a few hundred meters to get to the sea due to the tide being out at that time... Anyone check the tide tables?)

They then proceed to rape the woman (who for some reason remained there to watch all of this until they could turn their attention to her and hit her over the head with the magic hoe and murder her as well, because they did confess to (all three) dumping the body of the male in the ocean and finally killing her by hitting her with the same garden hoe. Three little Asian men would be hard put to it to "dump" something, which implies carrying something, and not "dragging" something, and especially in a drunken state.

They then put the bloody garden hoe in the sand at the murder scene, and do not bother to say whether they had sense to wash off the massive amounts of arterial spray from their blood soaked clothing and on their skin, and walk... where?

Did they forget their magical guitar as well? Did anyone find a bloody guitar at the scene?

The more one reads this and applies even minor linear thinking to the equation presented, the more one is sickened by the heinous brutality and utter sociopath culture made evident by all this.

...and where were these eyewitnesses, who happened to be out on the beach and close enough to identify the race of these three, yet were nowhere near to spy on two foreigners having sex on the beach? Are you telling me that the former is more interesting to peeping toms than the latter?

...and how could eyewitnesses hear music on the beach when sound does not carry that far? Why would eyewitnesses not hear screaming coming from a woman who is being raped? Screaming is certainly a lot louder than quiet singing along with strumming on a guitar, yes?

Maybe the "eyewitness" had to get back to his father and tell him what had happened.

My sympathies to the living relatives and loved ones... not only that they have lost their own, but in the manner that they lost them and the sociopathic and brutal manner in which a culture tramples their memory.

So... 18 days to fabricate this story? As one poster said, if they were workers on the island, their DNA would be one of the first to be taken, no?

I repeat my challenge - Have the DNA of the island mafia/head honcho/village headman/powerful family/whatever and their families, workers, dogs and cats tested first. By independent bodies. Not saying they are guilty but I challenge them to submit themselves to an independent test if they are innocent, because I don't buy why they are exempted from being tested.

I don't buy it either. Too much time and too much evidence pointing in different directions. It smells like a fix up. As for the cigarette butt, it was LM brand smoked by most Thais not dome special brand favored by Myanmar people. Those people smoke some herbal stuff that is dried and used in roll ups and cost next to nothing since a packet of LM would equate to half a days pay for them.

It does not add up very well and independent non-Thai corroboration is desperately needed to give closure. As for Mark Kent - his comments make me sick but is exactly what is expected from The hapless useless impotent British Embassy. As a Brit I am embarrassed to have such a toothless wonder in charge of what used to be the best national embassies in the world - now amongst the worst.

he was just getting started with the girl, and they hit him from behind and immediately jumped her while two guys drowned him

Of course Sean was there. The coward ran away and left David and Hannah behind. From hero to zero. All those posts on facebook by Sean are just reflection of his guilty conscience.

If Sean was with Hannah and David on the beach at the time of the attack then it doesn't make sense that Hannah and David were 'getting intimate'. I doubt they would choose to start getting it on with a friend hanging around when their rooms were so close by. So what would explain Hannah's DNA and no one elses on the condom?

Sean was with the bartender and the waiter,

not with David and Hannah

This to the genius that is Mackie!! Why would Sean run away and not tell anybody about 3 migrant workers, yet a few days later implicate the most powerful people on the Island. Please engage your brain before typing in the future

I do not know wether it is true or not, but the general census appears to be, that in many cases, rich families of their uncontrollable criminal sons have actually paid the families of poor Thais very large sums of money to "take the rap and spend time in prison by admitting to the crime. This i am led to believe can always be arranged by the Thai police. Not so long ago a very well connected Farang real estate developer on Samui told me that if i am ever in any trouble with Samui police , to see him as he had all the right police contacts and for a financial consideration to his contacts , he could get me out of it.

A real estate developer with criminal contacts, really!

i have said on several other threads on the forum that the ' art ' of diplomacy can be taken to extremes and can include being extra nice to the host nation especially when not warranted.

If he meant his words he's a fool and shouldn't be in the job and if didn't, and I trust he didn't, he could have said something less gushing.

He must be one of only a small number here that could consider ' exemplary professionalism ' was shown.

It would be justifiable if the families and media in Britain climbed into the Foreign Office about the whole situation.

maybe he was being facetious knowing the Thais would not realize what he was really saying.

That would be a very dangerous position to take.

As a diplomat he will know, or have been briefed on, the officialdom he is dealing with so throwaway lines, sarcasm, facetiousness etc will not always be understood and will be taken literally so in this case as very generous praise and of course reported on as such.

If he really didn't mean what he's supposed to have said it has backfired big time.

Knew this would happen from day 1 - why did the Police attempt to pay someone 700,000 baht for a false witness statement then if they knew these 3 guys were getting the blame?

Just unsigned few guys attacked the British Nan and the girl didn't scream at all but com okay with their urge....yeah right? Bloody hell. .........

I knew from day one the

This case for now will not see the face of justice, and the British Ambassador must tame time to release statement until it's proven. ...what's the rush all about ?

So one guy on here reckons 80% of posters on here are convinced this is a set up and these Gus are innocent.

Ok so why don't you 80% have a whip around and hire a lawyer to defend them?

Better still with all your hard evidence that you guys have why don't you present yourself to the nearest police station and pass on all relevant information to the BIB.

They have the guys with confessions and DNA but you so called 80% have evidence that clears them.

Well done police on such a high profile case.

Fair dinkum you blokes would boo Santa !

for an austrailian id thought you have more sense its not one guy there are thousands including Thai nationals

so as a penance go back and read TV again annd this time engage you brain while it is not full of fosters or the like

you have never delt with the police or you would just not be saying this sort of crap

switch DNA confessions beaten out of them (body punches) so nothing shows at the interview

i can only guess you must be a tourist

I believe Sean fingered the murderers and the Thai's were looking after one of their bartenders and waiters,

Sean would be on the bottom of that totem pole

the bartender, at the top, as, he is the earner, and, he would feel he has special protection

What is the relevance of DNA found on cigarette butts when there is 3 x Asian men's DNA already found on the female victim.

Surely that must have to match with suspects, oh sorry, I meant confessors. What a joke!

And you would have run in and saved them against multiple and probably armed assailants.

I would have been horrified, scared shtless and my own self preservation instincts would be running hot. Who would you turn to the RTP? The media? Run away, run faraway and tell the story from a safe distance.

Well, the pressure had been on the police to produce results - and lo and behold their arrests of migrant workers fits the bill. A small matter of a day-long gruelling interrogation to gain confessions, and Bob's your uncle. No face lost all round. I think it extremely improbable that the anticipated DNA results would prove anything other than matching the accused. Sublime. Gotta hand it to the Director - worthy of a Hollywood thriller.

Pity it's not a true story, though...

So one guy on here reckons 80% of posters on here are convinced this is a set up and these Gus are innocent.

Better still with all your hard evidence that you guys have why don't you present yourself to the nearest police station and pass on all relevant information to the BIB.

They have the guys with confessions and DNA but you so called 80% have evidence that clears them.

for an austrailian id thought you have more sense its not one guy there are thousands including Thai nationals

so as a penance go back and read TV again annd this time engage you brain while it is not full of fosters or the like

you have never delt with the police or you would just not be saying this sort of crap

switch DNA confessions beaten out of them (body punches) so nothing shows at the interview

I suggest people check some of the evidence that's now being made available on CSI LA's Facebook page and don't rely solely on everything you read on Thaivisa.

Edited by Tazwa

Judging by the replies it seems to me that some posters on here have been on here so long that it has fried their brains.

I have seen this lot on other topics who come up with all these conspiracy theories even if people are guilty or not guilty as long as they can argue and try a get a rise out of posters that makes their day.

Never any credit where credit is due just the same old drivel and abuse of anyone who dares disagrees with their views .

I particularly liked the theory where I have planed my post or maybe it was I'm a troll all because I said if this is true then congrats to the police.

Wow boys there is a life beyond the cyber world of the internet.

Anyway go and hire a Mel Gibson movie called conspiracy theory and if these guys are indeed found guilty I hope you have the go nads to come back on here and apologise for being wrong.

Switch on your brain and stop stuttering, parrot! There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for a guilty non-Thai who knows that his life is not even worth a hundred Baht here in Thailand and that he has no voice and no lobby to remain on that island and simply wait until he is caught. The cigarette butts prove nothing and could have been planted, perhaps even by the real killers who were chasing a foreign guitar guy and tried to pin it on him. A good 90% of the posts here say that it smells fishy and someting is wrong here. Other forums follow suit. I would give you a bit more credit if the numbers were 50/50. If it all would be so easy, the Three L&M Stooges would have been in the slammer from day one!!!!!!

Those who are unable to put up a good argument and state their case without trying to bully their points across by getting abusive and insulting is an indication of low intellect and ignorance.

So with you and the many other Thai bashers and armchair detectives on here, the theory that this whole case is a farce and a set up is a foregone conclusion? There can be no question about it?

I would give such statements and comments from you and those other majority of Thai bashers as much credibility as I would from your namesake the children's clown TV character, Catweazle, meaning not feasible and not to be taken seriously.

As I have said; let us wait until all the results are collated and presented before jumping to conclusions and making accusations.

I believe the Thai police have done a wonderful job in apprehending these monsters, they have pulled out all stops and whistles in this case, no one could have done more. My guess is that the reasons these murderers did not leave the island once the investigation began, is because they were already under the scrutiny of the police and were probably stopped from exiting the area. As I said; wait and see what transpires.

Your own words "As I have said; let us wait until all the results are collated and presented before jumping to conclusions and making accusations."

And yet, in your very next paragraph you are already condemning these as people being apprehended as "monsters and murderers " ?

AS hypocritical as the Thai police whom you unreservedly heap praise upon .

I just hope the culprits DNA match was not a a result from switching samples taken at the site/from the victims.
Unless the authorities come really clear and clean this story will always leave - possibly unjustified - a stale taste behind.

If these Arkanese guys are Bengali, (aka Rohingya), then this will be greeted as great news by many Myanmarese and these oppressed people can expect even more trouble.

That non-information really adds to the discussion, well done.

Although this seems not directly related I think it is an interesting point. Wasn't there a mild diplomatic incident early on in the case where the Myanmar Junta had stern words with the Thai Junta about always pinning their nationals with crimes. So local logic might be "let's find the most marginalized, least cared about type suspects and then we can tick all the boxes".

I suggest people check some of the evidence that's now being made available on CSI LA's Facebook page and don't rely solely on everything you read on Thaivisa.

Yeh, thousands of Thais are not swallowing this shit either