It is about time restaurants should change their habits.

Costas2008

This is really quite annoying. We are not all expats because we decided to retire in asia, but because that's where are work has taken us. Your logic about not complaining about bad service in a restaurant and the answer being 'go home' is pathetic. So if a local dr prescribes the wrong medication due to incompetents we should just shut up or 'go home' if we can't handle Thai culture about dr's not being able to make correct diagnoses'. If we get ripped off by the police we shouldn't complain, and we do the answer is 'go home'? Landlord tries to rip you off, take it or go home?

You just sound like another apologist who as long as he can get his cheap tail then everything else is perfect and no one is allowed to complain.

speaking of annoying, what possible good can come of your whining to us?
Why do you ask?

why do you care?
idle curiosity; excessive drink; actually, I don't care, I was just trying to take a polite interest. Perhaps if you explained the motive behind your question, your question might appear constructive, rather than negative and confrontational.

I've run into a couple of characters on this forum who, on initial interaction, I took a dislike to, but on reading their other posts, they are not so unpleasant. Maybe if I'd understood where they were coming from, I'd have not formed my initial ill impression.

I'm not sure you wanted an answer, though

SC

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

idle curiosity; excessive drink; actually, I don't care, I was just trying to take a polite interest. Perhaps if you explained the motive behind your question, your question might appear constructive, rather than negative and confrontational.

I've run into a couple of characters on this forum who, on initial interaction, I took a dislike to, but on reading their other posts, they are not so unpleasant. Maybe if I'd understood where they were coming from, I'd have not formed my initial ill impression.

SC

as it wasn't directed at you, i'm not really interested how it appears to you or what your impression of me might be.

SC

as it wasn't directed at you, i'm not really interested how it appears to you or what your impression of me might be.
So why did you ask?

SC

So why did you ask?

to get an answer from the guy i asked.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't try to figure it out ... I just cook my own food... It would seem the french fries were being treated as an appetizer ... which when brought first would not be unusual ...

I gave up Thai food after many months of trying - I could never communicate that I didn't want hot spicy food.. (even when I know I used the correct Thai words - or my Thai friends did) ... and when they have no idea that an allergy to shrimp (which comes as a surprise in many dishes) - that when I accidentally eat shrimp I can easily go into anaphylactic shock which can easily cause my death... So I gave up...

By the way ... I am from Texas but do not enjoy hot spicy Tex-Mex food.. because most of the time the spicy stuff is on a side dish and I can avoid it and not eat the spicy stuff... but in Thailand I cannot get it understood - they think I am just an ass for not liking THAI FOOD.. which to many means lots of hot spice.. so I give up... And please do not tell me I should have to like hot spicy food... it just does not work for me.

Maybe some day ... I will learn to communicate that a non spicy fried rice dish with vegetables only is good and I would like some IF only you would deliver it to my table that way... And no I am not going to eat pork that has been blown by flies and gone unrefrigerated for two days... I do not like food poisoning ... A good grilled chicken is great if you give me (for my money) a half chicken with breast meat and other parts ... but no - I do not want the grilled chicken that is a leg, a wing, and something else.

You don't eat ANY food in a restaurant, or just spicy Thai food?

I won't eat spicy food, but there are loads of non spicy choices to eat.

Also, I eat pork in restaurants all the time, and never yet had a problem.

• Like 1