Wheels stripped from Honda at Don Mueang Airport parking lot

webfact

Many years ago I noticed the spare wheel had been stolen from under my pick up. The only place it had been left unattended was at Don Muang so I assumed the wheel had been stolen there. Looks like the thieves are still around.

Used to be common in the States, until factory, "winches" came with locks,,, People used to wonder, "why steal a single spare",,,,, single no,,, steal 4 from the same model, new trucks?,, new set of tires,,, Get a chain/padlock,,, (sealed from weather), loop over a portion of the frame, through a portion of the wheel, (if there's such an area to allow),, keep the key with the jack accessories,,,

Edited by Adeeos

It takes less than 60 seconds to steal the entire car, then drive it to a chop-shop, if a thief is a real pro. As usual, the thieves were rank amateurs, operating with the cooperation of Airport security, and especially with the parking-lot security check-in booth, providing notification to the thieves. Removing 4-tires is very time consuming operation, for even the best thief, particularly in very public, airport parking lot.whistling.gif

i'm no lawyer but if this case was pushed to court, imo, there is a good chance of the car owner winning, irrelevant of notices around the parking lot. The car park owner by taking money accepted a contract to supply a decent standard of service, imo the question is, does this meet a reasonable standard? if not then imo theres a case.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No Thai could possibly do this.

yeah....cambodians, laos, burmese take your pick ......yup surely not the thais

Scousers - or trained by Scousers...

nah scoucers would have taken the bricks away with them.

Well atleast they used bricks. Ive seen em undo the wheel nuts then climb onto the roof of the car and jump up and down until the wheels pop off.

These guys did it the hard way. The thieves back home are proficient enough that they just put blocks under the car and then let the air out of all the tires, the car just sets down on the blocks and they don't even need a jack.

Some more nonsense posts have been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

" All four wheels from a brand new Honda Accord were stolen yesterday from the parking lot of Don Mueang Airport, while the owner is presumed to be traveling and unaware of his/her fortune."

Back in the Bronx this is what kindergarten kids did as a training exercise.

These guys must have been rank amateurs. Hell, they didn't even pull the engine or drop the tranny. I suppose it's difficult to do a professional job when your tool kit consists of only an adjustable wrench and a five baht coin.

One more example of trying and totally failing to imitate western culture. sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

"So far there are no comments from the airport about a possible theft ring, who will continue to collect THB250 daily parking fee for its exemplary security."

I'm sure they will give the standard statement: "If you didn't want your car stripped, then you shouldn't have parked it in the airport parking lot" wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

PM will comment soon "It is your own fault for buying and expensive car. If it was a wreck nobody would have touched it"

i'm no lawyer but if this case was pushed to court, imo, there is a good chance of the car owner winning, irrelevant of notices around the parking lot. The car park owner by taking money accepted a contract to supply a decent standard of service, imo the question is, does this meet a reasonable standard? if not then imo theres a case.

Fine Print on parking regulation:

don't leave valuables such as sets of wheels in your car.

• Like 1

Won't the wheels be safely at the mate's place, next to a stack of familiar looking bricks? Yer can't blame the owner for taking precautions. They can't take me wheels, and unless they bring their own, they can't take me car.