Is it possible to reduce the childish, superficial rants on what is otherwise a great forum: TV?

KhnomKhnom

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The OP seems to be a fairly new member.

His post reflects everything I felt a few months after I joined.

This forum is anonymous and therein lies the problem.

It is far too easy to lob hand grenades and cut and run.

It is also too easy to get sucked into showing the same bad behaviour.

I agree that it is a shame because there is some great and helpful info here.

There are also silly and fun topics too.

My thoughts are that it is never good to feed Trolls!

If you feel that your "buttons are being pushed", stop following that thread and move on.

(Time to practice what I preach I hear you say LOL)

Pick and choose the topics you follow carefully.

And keep smiling.

• Like 1

3. Thailand will suffer if we all go away. Do not under estimate the contribution of the expats in this country.

Never ceases to amaze me just how much people need to feel special, revered and even "useful"

There's never going to be a memorial at Suvarnabhumi or Victory Monument commemorating your modest pension's colossal contribution to Thailand's economy so try to get over it . . . .

3. Thailand will suffer if we all go away. Do not under estimate the contribution of the expats in this country.

Never ceases to amaze me just how much people need to feel special, revered and even "useful"

There's never going to be a memorial at Suvarnabhumi or Victory Monument commemorating your modest pension's colossal contribution to Thailand's economy so try to get over it . . . .

Speak for yourself, Sir.

Personally, I'm not on one pension but 3 pensions.

May be you will never see the money I'm getting now as a pensioner in the whole of your working life.

It's not like an American or German wrote the Thai National anthem or anything is it. I'm a little rusty if a person is born in America is he an American?

• Like 1

I find it demeaning to read so many foreigner crybaby childish rants on what should be a forum for adults staying in Thailand because it connects me as an adult foreigner with this wailing and teeth grinding as if it were standard for every foreigner here.

Huh?

"-Sure you need to carry your passport in a foreign country."

Photocopy including copy of page of your visa is usually suffice as is Thai id such as residence card or Thai Driving Licence!

"-Sure you should marry your Thai gf if you want parent rights, and have other economic relationships finalized (mainly to help her after your dying first)."

No, not true, Family court can be petitioned and you can gain legal parental rights by legitimising the birth of said child.

"-Sure, you should not conceive a child unless you are married to the Thai mother."

No, not true (see above). I know many Thai lady´s that have a child with a Thai partner outside of marriage, even in the smallest most remote villages in nowhereville!

Before you rant and rave about should´s and should not´s get your facts straight and your head out your bum!

What you should not do is tell others how to live their lives and what they should do or not do - who the funk are you to do that? Live and let live! T00sser!

Edited by DerekMarshall

Speak for yourself, Sir.

May be you will never see the money I'm getting now as a pensioner in the whole of your working life.

What on earth would prompt you to make such a ridiculous statement?

I ain't no school teacher on 30K, bro

Speak for yourself, Sir.

What on earth would prompt you to make such a ridiculous statement?

I ain't no school teacher on 30K, bro

I'm grossly overpaid too, but with talents like mine, that is scarcely surprising

To the OP:

You are right to rant, to rid yourself of the bad feeling. Yet you'd be even more right to accept the world the way it is, then there would be no need to rant.

I think the point of the OP was for anti-Thai ranters to accept the world of Thailand for what it is, instead of blast off on every tiny speck of Thai culture that does not match what goes on back in the UK.

To the OP:

You are right to rant, to rid yourself of the bad feeling. Yet you'd be even more right to accept the world the way it is, then there would be no need to rant.

I think the point of the OP was for anti-Thai ranters to accept the world of Thailand for what it is, instead of blast off on every tiny speck of Thai culture that does not match what goes on back in the UK.

I reckon people should spout off on whatever they want. Moderators do a great job of keeping us within the bounds of the law (thanks, boys) and there's nothing that betrays the stupidly of a point of view as free expression; I'm living proof

SC

• Like 1

To the OP:

I reckon people should spout off on whatever they want. Moderators do a great job of keeping us within the bounds of the law (thanks, boys) and there's nothing that betrays the stupidly of a point of view as free expression; I'm living proof

SC

SC ... good to have you back posting again ... thumbsup.gif

I was going to ... then decided ... nah ... I'm enjoying my Whisky and Coke (first, and only for the day ... in case you were concerned for my health) and I didn't wish to leave a bad taste in my, or anyone else's mouth.

gargle with whisky and coke before you go to bed (without the coke, for the sake of your teeth, if you like)
  • Like 2