Pattaya to Kanchanaburi and Back in the Next Few Weeks

Thailaw

What are bikes in the group?

Let's make a list of confirmed riders and bikes.

Ozgur - Honda Forza

G-man - Yellow Versys with (oh no, wait for it) TOPBOX!! Also, don't think pillion can make it so i'm looking forward to these interesting places of yours, Thailaw.

• Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are bikes in the group?

Let's make a list of confirmed riders and bikes.

Ozgur - Honda Forza

G-man - Yellow Versys with (oh no, wait for it) TOPBOX!! Also, don't think pillion can make it so i'm looking forward to these interesting places of yours, Thailaw.

"Yellow"??? You're kidding, no? Well, I guess that we will have no trouble spotting you and your bike at the Mall tongue.png.

Please remember that there is a 155 liter maximum capacity on top boxes, and pillions are not permitted to ride inside the top boxes.

Edited by Thailaw
  • Like 1

Here are written directions for the Pattaya to Kanchanaburi ride. They are the same as (and have been taken from) the map route provide by II2 for the second part of the ride from Route 304 west of BKK to Kanchanaburi. I have changed the Pattaya to Route 304 (near Chanchoengsao) to travel on roads that I think are better bike roads. I have traveled much but not all of this route to Route 304, and the roads are in good condition and traffic is much better than the more traveled roads b/t Pattaya and BKK. The total distance is about the same, +/- 300 km.

Please look at them and provide any comments/clarifications/suggested changes to the directions/route. Only the route that passes the 2 meeting points (on Route 304 and Route 302) cannot be changed. Some of the directions (around BKK, in particular) are not especially clear and parts are in Thai with English translation following in brackets. The translation is not very good, so if anyone can help to identify/clarify roads/turns, etc., that will be appreciated.

I will keep the master (and provide copies to everyone riding when it is final early next week), so post comments/clarifications/suggested changes here or send then to me in a PM.

Thanks,

Pattaya to Kanchanaburi (via Chachoengsao) Directions.docx

We now have 8 confirmed riders and 1 "interested" rider. Six riders will meet in Pattaya @ 7:30, and we will meet 2 (or 3) north of BKK on Route 304 and on Route 302. The riders are:

Thailandsam -- Forza; join in Pattaya

Alan; Roger and friend (not TV members) -- Phantom, PCX150, ?, respectively; join in Pattaya

Kruell -- PCX150; join in Pattaya

Thailaw -- CTX700n; join in Pattaya

Ozgur -- Forza with a topbox; join @ Rt. 304/3119

Gweiloman -- Versys with a topbox; join @ the Mall Ngamwongwan, Rt. 302

Dave_Boo (not confirmed) -- CB500X with a top box; Join with Ozgur or Gweiloman.

I have mobile numbers for all riders, except Dave, and Roger and friend (Alan will coordinate with them). I expect that Dave will send a mobile number if/when he confirms. I will circulate contact information to all riders later this week.

Seven of us are staying at the Blue Star Guesthouse in Kan City. Rooms and payment have been confirmed by BSG. Kruell (and Dave, if he joins us) will make arrangements for his/their rooms.

Directions for the ride were posted on the 29th; no comments thus far. Here is a map showing the meeting place for the trip in Pattaya provided by Kruell:

msg-223626-0-84955400-1414686223_thumb.j

PM me with questions/comments. Have I forgotten anything?

See you all on the 8th morning. TL

Here are written directions for the Pattaya to Kanchanaburi ride. They are the same as (and have been taken from) the map route provide by II2 for the second part of the ride from Route 304 west of BKK to Kanchanaburi. I have changed the Pattaya to Route 304 (near Chanchoengsao) to travel on roads that I think are better bike roads. I have traveled much but not all of this route to Route 304, and the roads are in good condition and traffic is much better than the more traveled roads b/t Pattaya and BKK. The total distance is about the same, +/- 300 km.

Please look at them and provide any comments/clarifications/suggested changes to the directions/route. Only the route that passes the 2 meeting points (on Route 304 and Route 302) cannot be changed. Some of the directions (around BKK, in particular) are not especially clear and parts are in Thai with English translation following in brackets. The translation is not very good, so if anyone can help to identify/clarify roads/turns, etc., that will be appreciated.

I will keep the master (and provide copies to everyone riding when it is final early next week), so post comments/clarifications/suggested changes here or send then to me in a PM.

Thanks,

I have received no comments/proposed changes to the route directions I posted on 29 October, so the route for the trip is now fixed. Hopefully, the directions are good enough (especially around BKK) that we won't get lost. I will send a contact list of mobile numbers of all riders to all riders by PM on Wednesday or Thursday.

There is a ride organised for the 10th to the 12th November called the Kwai Challenge, for remembrance day, from Pattaya, there are 22 confirmed riders going. Have a safe trip guys.

That's interesting, thanks. While I understand the timing of the trip for Remembrance Day, it is probably a bit difficult for anyone that works since it is during the week. Do you happen to have/know the route that they are taking?

I have sent a PM to each confirmed rider to Kanchanaburi on Saturday morning, 8th November. Please check your PM box. If you are a confirmed rider and did not get the message, please PM me and I will resend it.

Thanks and see you all on the morning of the 8th ready to ride. And, please, pray for no rain.

• Like 1

There is a ride organised for the 10th to the 12th November called the Kwai Challenge, for remembrance day, from Pattaya, there are 22 confirmed riders going. Have a safe trip guys.

That's interesting, thanks. While I understand the timing of the trip for Remembrance Day, it is probably a bit difficult for anyone that works since it is during the week. Do you happen to have/know the route that they are taking?

8.30 am, leave 9 am: Meeting point at Jiffy’s on Sukhumvit road at . Ride up to Kachanaburi via the Ferry at Phra Pradaeng, 332, 338, 303 and 3104. Around 270 km. That's all the info I have

8.30 am, leave 9 am: Meeting point at Jiffy’s on Sukhumvit road at . Ride up to Kachanaburi via the Ferry at Phra Pradaeng, 332, 338, 303 and 3104. Around 270 km. That's all the info I have

Thanks. I'll look at it. It looks like a very different route than the one we are taking -- maybe go that way next time.

OK, we are off the front page. This is my last post on the ride tomorrow. I assume that everyone is still riding tomorrow morning @ 7:30 from 7/11 on SSCC in Pattaya or from the appointed meeting spot north of BKK. This is the last post; no more PMs. If any contact is required before meeting, call. Everyone has the contact numbers.

TL

Hope everyone got home safely.

For anyone thinking of doing this trip in the future, avoid the Nakhon Pathom route. Road works and also lots of traffic lights on this route. You'll be better of doing the Northern Route (346 / 324)

Thanks TL for organising the trip

Thanks to all for road trip and personal TL for organisation the trip.

Especially thanks Gweiloman for motorbike travel "Bangkok - beautiful city" thumbsup.gif

ps. Versys - very interesting bike, Gweiloman was like a horseman among cars. wink.png

• Like 1