PM Prayut wants quality tourists to visit Thailand

webfact

So i would love to here what would have happened if the military had not taken over. If not civil war. what ? Years and years of riots on the streets. I don,t think businesses would be very happy with that idea. Get over it, sex tourists in most countries would be considered LOW quality. Agree that there were bars for Thais years ago. That is not the issue here. If the PM wishes to burn down every last foreign bar that is his right. I really believe Democracy is not the issue here with this argument. It has more to do with some very questionable foreigners and mafia crapping in their pants that believe their days might be numbered. I seem to know a lot about sex tourism and alcoholism therefore i must be one. Love the logic.

Had the military not taken over, elections would have (eventually) been held and a legitimate government would now be administering the country.

PDRC were out of cash, Yingluck and PTP's deft hands had done more than was expected to minimise the violence and deaths so desired by the Yellows forestalling the armys involvement - basically Suthep and his backers were on the verge of defeat.

If sex tourism is the issue, there is an easier and more effective way to solve the issue than screening tourists.

Close down the brothels.

No brothels = no sex tourists.

Unfortunately no brothels also = no kickbacks.

Tell me Mr Jungle Jim, were Hannah and David "low quality" tourists?

Just out of curiosity what did the PTP do to minimize the violence.

You know it is pretty bad when they have a gang of red shirts beat up a crippled monk.

A point of interest you may not have been privy to. When the coup happened the army ended the violence.

They just skipped right over minimize to end it.wai.gif

The crippled monk fared far better than the old man murdered by the popcorn shooter.

You are right, the violence ended very quick when the military stepped in.

Suspiciously quick.

Almost as if the army were always in complete control of those committing the crimes all along and only had to say the word for the killing to stop.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the majority of the higher end sex shops are all patronized by thai men, most married

Spot on, and within the vast sex industry in Thailand, the farang oriented section of the market is no more that 10%, their are brothels, karaokes etc in nearlly 100% of Thai cities, towns and spread along the road networks.

Sometimes i wonder if some members would like us to believe that they came to Thailand to collect butterflies with the church social club yearly holiday and met there now Thai wife who was at the time a candle bearer at a temple and a virgin!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and probably still is.

When in Rome etc ..........respect local cultures and customs and p4p is ingrained in Thai society.

• Like 2

Lots of hatred towards the Thais here. Perhaps you should not stay here in the tourist traps, and learn to speak a little Thai. That just might help a tiny bit. How odd i rarely get scammed and i tend to ask the price before hand. If i understand its a rip off i just move on. Like i said no Thai is holding a gun to your head. 99.999 percent of the time i pay the same price as a Thai. If i don,t trust a certain area i make sure i see the price before hand. As far as Thais being rude yes that does happen and most of the time it is in the tourist slums where i tend to avoid as much as possible. Concerning the Thais being just as bad as the sex tourists i disagree. One they don,t tend to slobber over their young piece of meat in public. The Thai men tend to be much more discreet . If you have not noticed they have areas to park your car with a curtain. The majority seem to know better not to marry a hooker unlike foreigners. Foreigners seem to like the lowest quality possible, Thai men would never touch them. I understand this likely will hit a nerve here but its the truth. If you really hate this place so bad don,t forget you can leave at any time. Twenty years here already with my wife and her Thai family. Guess what? No one drinks in the family, no sick water buffalo stories, and no one ever asks for money. The tourists and expats should be screened much better before entering. Do you think the majority of the sex tourists, foreign criminals , and the hippie dippie pad Thai eating backpackers would ever be allowed to enter most countries without a problem ? i seriously doubt it. The majority of tourists seem to have no common sense, they left that at the airport. Who in their right mind has sex on the beach in front of their guesthouse in a know conservative country. There are a number of Do's and Don;ts in numerous travel books and websites. I guess they can,t read

How many great tourist and big spenders have you brought to Thailand That is the problem don't you understand the quality are not coming in Thailand Only as you say the lowest are coming here

Now tell us why they are not going to Bhutan? I think you do understand

Edited by harryfrompattaya

Lots of hatred towards the Thais here. Perhaps you should not stay here in the tourist traps, and learn to speak a little Thai. That just might help a tiny bit. How odd i rarely get scammed and i tend to ask the price before hand. If i understand its a rip off i just move on. Like i said no Thai is holding a gun to your head. 99.999 percent of the time i pay the same price as a Thai. If i don,t trust a certain area i make sure i see the price before hand. As far as Thais being rude yes that does happen and most of the time it is in the tourist slums where i tend to avoid as much as possible. Concerning the Thais being just as bad as the sex tourists i disagree. One they don,t tend to slobber over their young piece of meat in public. The Thai men tend to be much more discreet . If you have not noticed they have areas to park your car with a curtain. The majority seem to know better not to marry a hooker unlike foreigners. Foreigners seem to like the lowest quality possible, Thai men would never touch them. I understand this likely will hit a nerve here but its the truth. If you really hate this place so bad don,t forget you can leave at any time. Twenty years here already with my wife and her Thai family. Guess what? No one drinks in the family, no sick water buffalo stories, and no one ever asks for money. The tourists and expats should be screened much better before entering. Do you think the majority of the sex tourists, foreign criminals , and the hippie dippie pad Thai eating backpackers would ever be allowed to enter most countries without a problem ? i seriously doubt it. The majority of tourists seem to have no common sense, they left that at the airport. Who in their right mind has sex on the beach in front of their guesthouse in a know conservative country. There are a number of Do's and Don;ts in numerous travel books and websites. I guess they can,t read

How many great tourist and big spenders have you brought to Thailand That is the problem don't you understand the quality are not coming in Thailand Only as you say the lowest are coming here

Now tell us why they are not going to Bhutan? I think you do understand

Love the Junta

Its like boiling frogs

""OH OH …

Edited by Fred Flinstone

the majority of the higher end sex shops are all patronized by thai men, most married

Spot on, and within the vast sex industry in Thailand, the farang oriented section of the market is no more that 10%, their are brothels, karaokes etc in nearlly 100% of Thai cities, towns and spread along the road networks.

Sometimes i wonder if some members would like us to believe that they came to Thailand to collect butterflies with the church social club yearly holiday and met there now Thai wife who was at the time a candle bearer at a temple and a virgin!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and probably still is.

When in Rome etc ..........respect local cultures and customs and p4p is ingrained in Thai society.

Have seen a number of butterfly catchers over the years and they very likely met their virgin in an old style village handed over by the village chef. yea right ! It is obvious after looking at their women where they found them. Some members would like you to believe the fantasy. Bar English, covered in tattoos , lots of gold chains overall dodgy looking, and often dressed like a hooker. Difficult to hide a bar girls past. And often difficult to cover up a foreigners past also. Most bar girls can be spotted a mile away.

So you would rather have the last corrupt PM back in power ? Yikes !

Tourism was high during the first 2 years of the Yingluck government.

Regarding corruption they are all corrupt or the Thai government need to fire almost every civil servant on their payroll.

Is General Prayuth to investigate every civil servant from the the top to down in Thailand including the Royal Thai Army, the Royal Thai Air Force and as well the Royal Thai Navy?

Surely the YS government has many dirty money on its hand but you should not say that YS was/is corrupt. If you say so I wonder why has she not been impeached after a 5 month coup? I put my money on that she will walk free but they will get her on a technicality to ban her 5 years from office including all her ministers but they have hundreds of others lined up to take her place.

Regarding Quality Tourists, I believe any foreigner that visits Thailand and behaves in a good way is a quality tourist. I know many business executives that come to Thailand to have meetings and at night they go to the red light districts to have fun but I count them as quality tourists. I have been going to bars in Nana for such a long time bringing my potential clients for a night out, because after all that is what most people wanted to see when they are for one night in Bangkok. If they come with their Mrs we would arrange for a River Cruise with Dinner but I have not seen one executive who asked me lets have a dinner. They come for what Thailand is famous off and if Thailand looses those tourists the Tourism industry will collapse and I have no idea how TAT will fix up the numbers.

As for me I stopped long time taking out a BG but 80% of expats I am seeing at NANA or Cowboy don't actually take a BG out but they come for a few drinks and go home or they travel to Soi 7 to just get a BJ.

As for me I go always to the same bar and bring my clients to the bar and an evening is easily 20,000-30,000 Baht for a few hours drink. The bar I often go allows me actually to bring in Thais even if they are in uniforms (both army and police). They often laugh at me and tell me after a few hours lets go to Petchaburi or Rachada and they would take over the bills and damn it those bills are 3 x higher as what I would pay at NANA or Cowboy for a drink but they pay for it. After all I am the cheap farang and they have much more money.

Of course I have credit terms at the bar in NANA and no one ask me to pay cash if I say I pay tomorrow and let the bill go up to 50k. Often we press the Bell at the counter out of fun and if their are 30 BG's it means 4500 Baht for one drink each but then again this is entertainment. If the Thai's or Foreigners take a girl that it is not my business.

Edited by MobileContent

Have seen a number of butterfly catchers over the years and they very likely met their virgin in an old style village handed over by the village chef. yea right ! It is obvious after looking at their women where they found them. Some members would like you to believe the fantasy. Bar English, covered in tattoos , lots of gold chains overall dodgy looking, and often dressed like a hooker. Difficult to hide a bar girls past. And often difficult to cover up a foreigners past also. Most bar girls can be spotted a mile away.

What is with your obsession with sex tourists and bar girls?

Both will always exist here because of the massive amounts of money the industry generates.

Get over it.

Why waste your time looking down your nose at others?

If your wife is not an ex-bar girl it doesn't make you superior in anyway to anyone who's wife happens to have such a past.

Who cares where people find happiness, I bet you're opposed to same sex marriage as well.

Ever heard of the golden rule?

• Like 2

With a BG most farangs get what they wanted. I think the danger is more of those gals that actually fished their guy from the Internet to have a better life. They might go in for the kill in a much quciker time as the BG. Some of the ladies are in their 30's and 40's and many are not even presentable. Those ladies have a failed marriage, a couple of kids parked by the granny. I think with a BG you still know exactly what you get. You pay for a service and if you take her out of the bar you pay monthly. Nothing bad about that as it is a business transaction.

As for Thai men they want only the young chicks but are willing to pay a premium. Rachada 6000-8000 Baht for a night and they have no children. Those gals make a fortune but once they are 25 years, they move on to Nana or Cowboy or if they have not expired they go on to Petchaburi,

Some girls on Rachada are lucky and they become a Mia Noi for a Thai minister or high ranking police or army official. If they are able to save money they will be very successful. I have meet many of those kind of Rachada ladies that own 2-3 houses in Bangkok, drive a BMW and are only called for service over the weekends.

Both will always exist here because of the massive amounts of money the industry generates.

Get over it.

Why waste your time looking down your nose at others?

If your wife is not an ex-bar girl it doesn't make you superior in anyway to anyone who's wife happens to have such a past.

Who cares where people find happiness, I bet you're opposed to same sex marriage as well.

Ever heard of the golden rule?

No obsession, my very point is you cannot clarify the quality of a tourist by wether he indulges in the ladies of the night or day................in a country where enjoying p4p is very much the norm for Thai males! .................and if a farang pays for pleasure he is docked points on the tourist ratings.......... but if he visits a temple he becomes a desirable visitor.............total bulls%%t!

Probably slightly more p4p options than there are temples in Thailand but a close call................one for Google?

it matters not wether your partner was or is wearing the uniform of a nurse, a teacher, a 7/11 or factory girl or a hooker..................they all look good with heels! and sure as hell one way or the other its transactional..................and if you are happy thats the point.

This thread is about quality tourists.

One of Thailands very biggest problems is prostitutes, they're everywhere and they're obvious.

In your posh resort, some guy will be having breakfast with a prostitute.

In the restaurant where you have your evening meal, on the next table, uncouth and obvious prostitute.

In your nightclub or bar, there will be loads of them.

In the street, girls sitting outside massage parlors.

Anywhere I go in Thailand, I can see prostitutes.

Mr. & Mrs. quality tourist (and their kids) generally don't want to mix with prostitutes.

So they don't holiday in Thailand.

Urban myth!! Most people don't pay much attention to other peoples business as it's none of theirs and what makes you so sure mr and me quality tourist didn't meet in a strip club???

You don't know your speculating based on your own observations nothing more and what your doing is being judgmental into the bargain.

Bottom line is quality tourists carry out due diligence to the country they wish to visit they check up on the security situation and conduct risk assessment so they are not putting themselves or their family at risk and right now Thailand is an at risk country duty to martial law.

There are plenty of beautiful locations in the middle and near east such as Lebanon, Israel and even Syria but guess why they are not and never having been major tourist attractions??? It's because they're fekkin dangerous that's why, and you might want to also remember There's a 10 year old civil war ongoing in Thaialnd too.

The smart tourists are staying away as the country is still a security issue, it's nulls and voids a lot of holiday insurance as it's still under Martial Law, those tht still come are those who are paying lip service to the overall situation, and have the " it will never happen to me" attitude.

There's no such thing as a quality tourist only quality destinations and having any kind of social status doesn't neccessary mean your a quality person either, your close family and friends are the only ones who know your well enough to label you as "quality"

One of Thailands very biggest problems is prostitutes, they're everywhere and they're obvious.

In the restaurant where you have your evening meal, on the next table, uncouth and obvious prostitute.

Mr. & Mrs. quality tourist (and their kids) generally don't want to mix with prostitutes.

Totally Agree ! Spot on . Quality tourists get grossed out by dodgy looking foreigners that are obvious with bar girls. Like i said you can spot them a mile away. Want to attract quality tourists shut down the hooker bars for foreigners and shut down the Full Moon Party.

• Like 1

Urban myth!! Most people don't pay much attention to other peoples business as it's none of theirs and what makes you so sure mr and me quality tourist didn't meet in a strip club???

You don't know your speculating based on your own observations nothing more and what your doing is being judgmental into the bargain.

Bottom line is quality tourists carry out due diligence to the country they wish to visit they check up on the security situation and conduct risk assessment so they are not putting themselves or their family at risk and right now Thailand is an at risk country duty to martial law.

There are plenty of beautiful locations in the middle and near east such as Lebanon, Israel and even Syria but guess why they are not and never having been major tourist attractions??? It's because they're fekkin dangerous that's why, and you might want to also remember There's a 10 year old civil war ongoing in Thaialnd too.

The smart tourists are staying away as the country is still a security issue, it's nulls and voids a lot of holiday insurance as it's still under Martial Law, those tht still come are those who are paying lip service to the overall situation, and have the " it will never happen to me" attitude.

There's no such thing as a quality tourist only quality destinations and having any kind of social status doesn't neccessary mean your a quality person either, your close family and friends are the only ones who know your well enough to label you as "quality"

Unfortunately most Thais are completely unaware of the shortcomings of this country compared to others. Partly because most never go to another country and those that do really do not stay for long enough. Those that do stay long enough to get a good understanding don't bother coming back.

So you have people saying rather silly things because they really just suck up all the bull they are fed about how wonderful Thailand is on every level.

It's cheap, the girls are cute and the weather is warm and there are a few other benefits. Every country has its plus and minus points anyway it's just that Thais think Thailand is all pluses and can't see the minuses.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

The very fact …i can't reply here is enough.

And its self explanatory why intelligent people won't come

Freedom of speech

Can we assume you are not in Thailand? The other possibility would be a very direct statement...

Totally Agree ! Spot on . Quality tourists get grossed out by dodgy looking foreigners that are obvious with bar girls. Like i said you can spot them a mile away. Want to attract quality tourists shut down the hooker bars for foreigners and shut down the Full Moon Party.

How do you know they get grossed out? Did they come over to you and say " you look like a quality tourist sir, my family and I are disgusted at being in the same space as bar girls!!!! "

I'd be very interested to know the age gap between you and your Thai wife as I think you're talking a load of bovine scatology as I'm willing to bet you're the topic of conversation as well I'd be willing to bet there's at least 20 years between you and your Thai wife and the reason you have A Thai wife is because an round eye Farang wouldn't put up with your whining !!

Don't like the place because it's got some people you consider to be inferior, then move the deeper into that jungle in your name the better as that way you want need to feel condescending towards bar girls or their customers.

It's miserable old blokes like you who THINK they are something in Thailalnd that's more annoying than a sex tourist who comes for 2 weeks a year instead of whining old dinosaurs who are here 24/7 365 days of the year.

Your life can't be that great as you already claimed as you've harped on and on about the same institutionalise Thai things and used phrases like " scum" what exactly makes you a pillar of society in Thailand when you have zero tolerance of people you know nothing about but seem to be able to label them and sit in judgement of them too??

• Like 1

What planet is this man on.... Quality tourist ?????? Please explain... Oh that's right like your quality police force. Most of the tourist destinations in Thailand are only good because of the foreign owned or started businesses there. Ask yourself where you stayed, where you ate, what club you went into... I would wager probably foreign owned... Its time to pull out people. Put your business dollars elsewhere. Put your money into a country that deserves it. Cambodia for instance. You would almost be getting in at the ground floor. Perhaps its time to make Cambodia a better version of what Thailand use to be..morally its impossible to stomach this PM anymore.

I guess you really haven't spent much time in Cambodia lately. Actually here in Chiang Mai you avoid the foreign owned businesses if you want good service except for Dukes.

you must be American every time I vitas CM an american recommends Dukes yet few times I've tried it when visiting I thought it was awful but then I'm a quality resident who likes quality

did you ever consider that tourists can be quality tourists in daytime and less quality tourists in nighttime?

Ah, well, there we are at issue. Why should it be that the only entertainment available to those who'd prefer to not frequent beer bars be an evening with their kids in front of an hotel tv? Or, is the quality of said tourists to be interchangeable? Like, Day and Night? huh.png

What planet is this man on.... Quality tourist ?????? Please explain... Oh that's right like your quality police force. Most of the tourist destinations in Thailand are only good because of the foreign owned or started businesses there. Ask yourself where you stayed, where you ate, what club you went into... I would wager probably foreign owned... Its time to pull out people. Put your business dollars elsewhere. Put your money into a country that deserves it. Cambodia for instance. You would almost be getting in at the ground floor. Perhaps its time to make Cambodia a better version of what Thailand use to be..morally its impossible to stomach this PM anymore.

I guess you really haven't spent much time in Cambodia lately. Actually here in Chiang Mai you avoid the foreign owned businesses if you want good service except for Dukes.

you must be American every time I vitas CM an american recommends Dukes yet few times I've tried it when visiting I thought it was awful but then I'm a quality resident who likes quality

Oh dear god. I learned long ago NEVER to book accommodation through recommends on this forum. Once was the Grace laugh.png And many more of that, er, ilk. Go to TripAdvisor and pick the best of the bunch suits you.

Edited by jpeg

i heard Pope Francis will visit Thailand and Philippines next year

so expect thousands of quality tourists.....

blink.png

please elaborate

The.Poster.Is.Alluding.To.Pedophiles.The.Catholic.Church.And.SE Asia. Having.Something.In.Common. Do keep up huh.png

i heard Pope Francis will visit Thailand and Philippines next year

so expect thousands of quality tourists.....

blink.png

please elaborate

The.Poster.Is.Alluding.To.Pedophiles.The.Catholic.Church.And.SE Asia. Having.Something.In.Common. Do keep up huh.png

who is alluding to pedophiles??????????????there is a catholic symposium in thailand

and this is the website of the officiali visit in the philippines

http://papalvisit.ph/

Edited by kaobang

I think by "Quality Tourists", he means Middle Class investors from China who own apartments in an empty high rise that they can't sell because the cost is 38 x the average income population of $2,100USD (2012) or 5000B/month.

These "high quality" tourists don't own the land (70 year lease), at the end of which, they might have to pay a huge, unknown fee or bribe to renew.

That combined with the Asian sensibility to prefer everything new or almost new, means as soon as their new apartment or home is built, the building begins to decline in value.

These are geniuses (in their own minds), who if they are smart, are moving their money to "major" cities around the world, like Sydney, London, New York, creating mini-bubbles there.

Hopefully, the Chinese government will continue to prop up the RE Bubble there, so these quality tourists can continue to come and drop almost nothing in Thailand, because they cannot afford to do so, because they really aren't "rich"....