What was in the most recent SANDWICH you ate in Thailand?

Jingthing

OK, for breakfast today I had two small slices of Low GI dark bread, both open faced, spread with natural 100 percent Thai peanut butter and some French blackberry spreadable fruit.

But as I didn't stick those two slices together, that doesn't officially qualify as a sandwich.facepalm.gif

Before that, I don't even remember the last technically legit sandwich I ate! It turns out I don't eat them often.

I didn't eat all that many back in the U.S, but surely a lot more than here. That's right, I don't even eat burgers, yes I know, weird.

Unlike my countrymen, as it turns out 49 percent of Americans eat a sandwich daily.

But peanut butter is a popular filling.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/americas-favorite-sandwich-fillings/

post-37101-0-93259500-1413711378_thumb.p

post-37101-0-75501400-1413711422_thumb.p

So, just for fun:

-- What was the latest sandwich you ate IN THAILAND (including filling, condiments, and bread type)

Hamburgers qualify.

-- Do you eat more, less, or the same amount of sandwiches in Thailand compared to your country of origin?

Edited by Jingthing

10 mins ago,

Sliced Pepper Ham (from Rimping) in white unsalted bread, I made after lunch (still warm, no butter).

It was good!

So good, I'm gonna make another right now.

I eat more sandwiches in Thailand because the bread I make is so tasty.

Back home I was too lazy (and busy) to bake bread, so less temptation.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 2

Crisp bacon on toasted white bread, 7-11 Farmhouse brand (only thing available where I live), with lots of butter and extra salt for breakfast at 4am this morning! Might go make another tight now since they are soooo healthy!

Back home never really existed as I traveled extensively as part of my job and was out of the country more than I was there.

Wholemeal flat bread with a smear of peanut butter, some iceberg lettuce, a few slices of capsicum, some shredded carrot, sliced tomatoes ,sliced cucumber, onion and a couple slices of beetroot . Plus salt and pepper. Nothing fancy but good food.

And i eat fewer sandwiches in Thailand because it is so much more difficult to find bread i really like like good flat bread. It must be available but i can't get it easily. I do not like the sugar bread that is commonly available.

Edited by xen

Admittedly this wasn't the last sandwich I ate but I urged you to try it nonetheless.

It's the pad kapow gai sandwich.

Kapow gai (or moo gob) is my favourite Thai dish

Get yourself a nice fresh crusty roll or sub, even a nice chiabatta, lightly butter, and add your pad kapow filling, it's delicious. Try it for yourself.

Also, going slightly off topic I always think that pad kapow gai, moo or moo gob would make an excellent pie filling.

In the UK chicken balti pies are very popular and I'm sure pad kapow pies would be a hit, especially with those watching football on a Saturday afternoon.

• Like 1

Admittedly this wasn't the last sandwich I ate but I urged you to try it nonetheless.

It's the pad kapow gai sandwich.

Kapow gai (or moo gob) is my favourite Thai dish

Get yourself a nice fresh crusty roll or sub, even a nice chiabatta, lightly butter, and add your pad kapow filling, it's delicious. Try it for yourself.

Also, going slightly off topic I always think that pad kapow gai, moo or moo gob would make an excellent pie filling.

In the UK chicken balti pies are very popular and I'm sure pad kapow pies would be a hit, especially with those watching football on a Saturday afternoon.

I agree with you, pad kapow gai or moo goes great on a sandwich, the butter just seems to go really well with the spicy kapow. I've told friends this over the years and they all look at me like I'm mad, nice to know I'm not the only one that appreciates a pad kapow sandwich.

fried egg in makro unsliced white bread with sainsbury smart price brown sauce, and some ground pepper. egg-streamly good

had to google reben sandwich being a brit and it looks good

Edited by steve187

Usually buy a sackload of baguettes in Laos when doing the visa run (60bht for 10), they freeze well. Homemade garlic butter, Fry up some Wiltshire smoked bacon, (Macro). Cheddar cheese melted on top with sliced tomato. Cup of char (PG tips). Keeps the bedsheets floating at night!

• Like 2