Manchester City

mrbojangles

^just read Pellegrini is going to play a strong team vs Stoke, yes!

Thought vs Newcastle we really missed not having 2 really strong artistes in the team with both Silva and Nasri out and only KdB in. Yaya not as good as the 3 mentioned at creating chances and it was all left on KdBs shoulders. Silva and KdB seem to have working things out nicely between themselves of late, as we'd all hoped would happen over the who season but never really happened. Hoping Nasri is back for Tuesday. ..can't imigine thinking that pre-injury when he was bobbins.

Nice article in The Telegraph today about City's young talent. Must reading for Alphonso.smile.png

To be fair jd, iv'e been hearing for years about City's new academy and how they are now going to produce all these great young players that will eventually play in the first team, so until i see a few playing in the first team i don't really take a lot of notice of a lot of hot air coming from the press.

Edited by alfieconn

Watched and enjoyed early this morning the 1st leg of the youth cup final City 1 v 1 Chelsea. Lots of talented players. Big crowd. Academy stadium looked impressive.

City started badly and were trapped in our half for a long period but as the 1st half continued we improved. Chelsea had the best of the 1st half. 2nd half we gave a stupid goal away; captain Adarabioyo guilty of trying to play out from the back (we always play out from the back, rarely booting long) and Chelsea worked it quickly in to a well taken goal. Looked like we were going to be overwhelmed but we took off manu garcia from centre midfield and put best player Diaz central from his wide position and suddenly we dominated. We scored a lovely team goal with a great individual finish. At the end when everybody looked knackered, we looked to settle for a draw.

Watched it on Chelsea tv so had to put up with Clive Walker's (biased) comments.

Chelsea looked more of a team, bigger as well. City had the clear standout player in Diaz who looks a real talent...needs to learn when to dribble and when not, but he looks a talent.

Our front players didn't seem to get in the game and I was surprised we didn't change it till very late on.

You'd have to put your money on Chelsea winning it in London next Wednesday (for a hatrick of cups) but we're still in with a shout.

Very enjoyable, suggest you watch it next week.

We had 5 mancunians playing. ;-)

CITY:

Grimshaw, Olvier, Humphreys, Adarabioyo, Latibeaudiere (Wood 89),

Davenport, Garcia (Buckley 59), Diaz

Nemane (Sancho 90), Kongolo, Nmecha,

Not used: Haug, Dele-Bashiru

• Like 1

^just read Pellegrini is going to play a strong team vs Stoke, yes!

Thought vs Newcastle we really missed not having 2 really strong artistes in the team with both Silva and Nasri out and only KdB in. Yaya not as good as the 3 mentioned at creating chances and it was all left on KdBs shoulders. Silva and KdB seem to have working things out nicely between themselves of late, as we'd all hoped would happen over the who season but never really happened. Hoping Nasri is back for Tuesday. ..can't imigine thinking that pre-injury when he was bobbins.

Woops, forgot Nasri isn't in the European squad.

Watched and enjoyed early this morning the 1st leg of the youth cup final City 1 v 1 Chelsea. Lots of talented players. Big crowd. Academy stadium looked impressive.

City started badly and were trapped in our half for a long period but as the 1st half continued we improved. Chelsea had the best of the 1st half. 2nd half we gave a stupid goal away; captain Adarabioyo guilty of trying to play out from the back (we always play out from the back, rarely booting long) and Chelsea worked it quickly in to a well taken goal. Looked like we were going to be overwhelmed but we took off manu garcia from centre midfield and put best player Diaz central from his wide position and suddenly we dominated. We scored a lovely team goal with a great individual finish. At the end when everybody looked knackered, we looked to settle for a draw.

Watched it on Chelsea tv so had to put up with Clive Walker's (biased) comments.

Chelsea looked more of a team, bigger as well. City had the clear standout player in Diaz who looks a real talent...needs to learn when to dribble and when not, but he looks a talent.

Our front players didn't seem to get in the game and I was surprised we didn't change it till very late on.

You'd have to put your money on Chelsea winning it in London next Wednesday (for a hatrick of cups) but we're still in with a shout.

Very enjoyable, suggest you watch it next week.

We had 5 mancunians playing. ;-)

CITY:

Grimshaw, Olvier, Humphreys, Adarabioyo, Latibeaudiere (Wood 89),

Davenport, Garcia (Buckley 59), Diaz

Nemane (Sancho 90), Kongolo, Nmecha,

Not used: Haug, Dele-Bashiru

Of the 22 players who started the FA Youth Cup final first leg on Friday, between the two current superpowers of development, Chelsea and Manchester City, 17 were English.

MoM Nacho! A talented lad, tutoring his apprentice Bony in how to play. Decent victory once we went ahead, but had Stoke taken their chances...great save by Joe Hart. For Stoke, Arnautovic impressed me - could be very good in a better team.

Happy with the win, Stoke always prove to be a difficult opponent. However, I'm not happy that Pelle once again doesn't give youth a chance. Yeah, he played Nacho for 90 minutes and he proved how good a player he is inspite of Pelle not giving him many chances but why keep on putting Demi and Bony in the squad when he could put some more youth in there. That way at 3-0 up he could have given them a run out.

I hope Pep will give the young ones more of a chance

• Like 1

"Kelechi Iheanacho, 'Kenny' (as his teammates have dubbed him)" - would have thought Kelly or Nacho - "the 19-year old has had a hand in nine goals (five goals, four assists) in eight competitive Premier League starts and became Citys joint third top scorer in all competitions with 11. Kelechi has netted his five Premier League goals in just 517 minutes an Aguero-esque strike rate of one every 103 minutes. Only Sergio himself and Daniel Sturridge possess better goals-per-minute ratios in the entire league! Most impressively of all, it's now, a frankly obscene, one goal every 81 minutes in all competitions for our young Super Eagle. Not a bad breakthrough season

Pablo Zabaleta marked his 300th appearance"

Coming back to this thread a bit late... just to say well done, boys. PSG really wasn't C1-class this time.

Now laughing at all my fellow compatriots who were saying that getting past ManC would be piece of cake.

• Like 2

Coming back to this thread a bit late... just to say well done, boys. PSG really wasn't C1-class this time.

Now laughing at all my fellow compatriots who were saying that getting past ManC would be piece of cake.

Very magnanimous of you, and I hope you enjoyed the games.

Very magnanimous of you, and I hope you enjoyed the games.

Thanks for your appreciation but that's easy to say for me, I'm really an O.L. (Lyon) supporter.

Of course I support PSG when they're our only representative in the C1, but watching them lose isn't nearly as painful to me as when OL was pityfully sent home in the first round rolleyes.gif

Did I enjoy the matches? well honestly they weren't really C1-class either IMHO. PSG has really failed but ManC hasn't been stellar.

Edited by Lannig

The biggest game in your clubs history tonight lads...need to play it tight at home and not let them get the away goal that is so important a 1=0 will be a good result.

Good luck!

Watch out for Ronaldo whistling.gif

Thanks Mr Red.

Not sure it's "The biggest game in your clubs history tonight".

Let's see if we can get Ronaldo sent off again.

Tonight is all about which City turn up. In Europe we've played counterattack successfully, rode our luck and been decent (Juventus apart), in the Premier trying to play possession football we've been poor.

The biggest game in your clubs history tonight lads...need to play it tight at home and not let them get the away goal that is so important a 1=0 will be a good result.

Good luck!

Watch out for Ronaldo whistling.gif

Cheers Red,

I think the most important game of our recent history was the last game of the season against QPR.

If I'm honest, I can't see us getting past RM over 2 legs but that is probably just down to supporting City for too long. As BB says, we at least need the right City to turn up and with luck we have as much chance as anyone. I didn't expect us to get this far, so anything is a bonus.

^I would agree, the most important game(s) of our recent history was/were the last game of the season against QPR, the FA Cup win or the Dickov Playoff Final.

I also can't see us getting past RM over 2 legs, but there again I didn't see us topping the group after the Juventus games or beating PSG, so you never know. Blue Tuesday's topic the other day was finish top 4 or beat RM...it really split opinions.

We lost 3v2 away in injury time away and drew 1v1 home last time we met, that in my opinion was a better City team but we were naive, so let's hope we've learnt a bit these past 3 seasons.

First time ever City make a Champions League semi-final and you say its not the most important game ever facepalm.gif is this the mentality of City fans? maybe playing County in a local derby means more............bloody unbelievable gigglem.gif

First time ever City make a Champions League semi-final and you say its not the most important game ever facepalm.gif is this the mentality of City fans? maybe playing County in a local derby means more............bloody unbelievable gigglem.gif

How can a semi final be more important than winning the Premier for the first time?

Sure if we get through to the final it will become the most important but no way is the semi

• Like 1