Manchester City

mrbojangles

They don't give a monkeys about Man Ure & how how their results " helps " them, they're going for CL Football & if beating the Team that are x amount clear of Man Ure at the top happens, then so be it..

It will matter not at the end of the Season as far as Mna Ure are concerned anyway, they won't win the League & City may, just may get into that Top 4, & you can quote me on that... :)

Well done to Man City. Deserved the win but will be interesting to see if they can rise to the occasion next week for Bolton away.

After the first (own) goal I had all my quips ready how it was good to see Adebayor back on the goal trail and for City to break their 'draw' streak :)

They don't give a monkeys about Man Ure & how how their results " helps " them, they're going for CL Football & if beating the Team that are x amount clear of Man Ure at the top happens, then so be it..

Absolutely Singhy :D

City may, just may get into that Top 4, & you can quote me on that... :D

Cheers matey, I do hope your right :)

Wonder if/when the ciddy giddiness subsides they'll realise that the main beneficiary of their result today is UNITED.... :)

No Red. Although yes, we did do you a favour, WE were the main beneficiaries of the 3 points. :D

No Mr BJ, the 'real' beneficiaries are the ones who will win the league, United, the only way you are the beneficiaries is if all you were after in the long run was the three points and, only the three points....! Because, you will not win the league and, you won't get in The Champions League....! :D

2-1 in another cup final..... :D

redrus

Wonder if/when the ciddy giddiness subsides they'll realise that the main beneficiary of their result today is UNITED.... :)

No Red. Although yes, we did do you a favour, WE were the main beneficiaries of the 3 points. :D

No Mr BJ, the 'real' beneficiaries are the ones who will win the league, United,

Typical RAG. The whole world revolves around United. Other teams don't play to win points for themselves and everyone ONLY plays to benefit United. Don't think so buddy. We are after a Champions League spot and to get that we need points..........from anyone :D

We will also try to do Chelsea a favour when the return leg at Middle Eastlands cometh :D

Looks like we'll miss each other over Christmas mate, our bet will have to wait till the end off the season.....!

Yep :D

How confident are you of it now buddy ? :D

Can't believe 'you'd' question 'my' confidence............. :)

In all seriousness, I think you'll have the Christmas one but, not the end of the season. 1 all's not a bad result, for your lot..... :D

redrus

Looks like we'll miss each other over Christmas mate, our bet will have to wait till the end off the season.....!

Can't believe 'you'd' question 'my' confidence............. :)

In all seriousness, I think you'll have the Christmas one but, not the end of the season. 1 all's not a bad result, for your lot..... :D

Do you remember what the teb was with Jack and me?

City to be no more than 4 places behind you. I.E Your in 1st we can't be lower than 5th, you 2nd us 6th etc.

Me after xmas and the end of the season. Jack just the end of the season. :D

Can't believe 'you'd' question 'my' confidence............. :D

Do you remember what the teb was with Jack and me?

City to be no more than 4 places behind you. I.E Your in 1st we can't be lower than 5th, you 2nd us 6th etc.

Me after xmas and the end of the season. Jack just the end of the season. :D

Thanks for reminding me!!!!!

Easy money, eh, Mr BJ :)

From skysports:-

City stars reveal Wembley hope

Toure and Adebayor disappointed to miss out on United clash

Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor are hoping their absence will not affect Manchester City's Carling Cup dreams.

The duo are set to head off to the Africa Cup of Nations in January, ruling them out of domestic action at a crucial stage of the season.

As well as missing a number of Premier League fixtures, they will also be forced to sit out a highly-anticipated Carling Cup semi-final date with arch-rivals Manchester United.

That contest will represent the first time in 28 years that City have reached the last four of a major competition.

Toure, who is expected to be drafted into the Ivory Coast squad in the New Year, admits he is devastated to be missing out on such an historic occasion.

"It's incredibly bad timing," the combative centre-half said in the Daily Star.

"This club has waited a long time to be in a semi-final and to not be part of it is really difficult.

"But we have the players to beat United and I believe in my heart we're going to do it."

Togo frontman Adebayor is also hoping that his Eastlands team-mates can do the business, as he is desperate to erase the memories of a Carling Cup final defeat with Arsenal in 2007.

"I've played in a final, but I was on the losing side, for Arsenal against Chelsea," he said.

"I would love to come back from Africa with an opportunity to be in another Wembley final - and get a winners' medal this time."

From the City website:-

Mark Hughes lamblasts officials

Mark Hughes labelled referee some of Mark Clattenburg’s decisions during the 3-3 draw at the Reebok as ‘laughable’ and ‘ridiculous’ but praised his men for showing the courage to snatch a point.

A fifth straight away draw, after three times falling behind, did little for the chase for the top four but a lot for self esteem when it came to the battle.

City were reduced to ten men when Craig Bellamy received two second half yellow cards and that after initially falling behind to a goal that was at best hugely debateable.

“The first goal was clearly offside. The Bolton player was ahead of the ball, why the officials didn’t see it I have no idea,” lambasted Hughes.

After two goals from the marvellous Carlos Tevez and one from Micah Richards secured a point and stretched the Blues unbeaten run to 13 games in all competitions Hughes could at least find some positives.

“We had to show courage to get back into the game. Everyone gave a terrific effort,” he praised. “We deserve credit for taking something from the contest.”

Before heading into the night to prepare for the trip to Spurs on Wednesday the manager revealed that Nigel de Jong and Shaun Wright-Phillips are both facing a fitness fight for that match.

“Shaun got a bang on his leg which caused him to go over on his ankle which locked up and is pretty sore,” he reported.

“Nigel has swine flu. We are trying to keep a lid on it. He will not be at the training ground on Monday but might still be an option for the game in midweek.”

• 2 weeks later...
Not a bad start for our new leader. Especially considering the injuries and niggles that we currently have.

Against a decent side too, Stoke are no Mugs whatsoever & can cause all sorts of problems..

Good 3 points for City.

Absolutely Singhy. Many a team have under estimated Stoke and lost because of it. They're a fairly tall team as well, so any ball in the air hasn't got Tevez's name on it, that's for sure :)