Manchester City

mrbojangles

My dear chap, if you think you played well enough for a three nil win, the rest of the season will be harsh.

Wolves yet again DID NOT field their full team. Totally except our fault ( well that tosser we have in charge ), but trust me City have to get better than that to be considered as challengers in this league

My dear chap :)

if you think you played well enough for a three nil win, the rest of the season will be harsh.

Where did I say we played well enough for a three nil win. All I said was "another 3 good points". Which is actually a compliment to your guys and

Wolves yet again DID NOT field their full team. Totally except our fault ( well that tosser we have in charge ),

City are struggling with injuries also. I don't profess to know the full Wolves outfit but like most teams normally do, you probably fielded the strongest squad you had available unlike the United match.

but trust me City have to get better than that to be considered as challengers in this league

No sh1t Sherlock. That's why we're only 6th at the moment, if we were better, we'd be higher. :D

Surely not getting bored already ???????? :)

http://www.eufootball.biz/Clubs/7864-manch...d_takeover.html

This was from Skysports the day before that link Singhy

Real reject buy-out reports

Madrid refute claims of offer from Man City supremo

Real Madrid have rejected reports that Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour has made an astronomical offer to buy the club.

It has been suggested in Spain that the Eastlands supremo had tabled an offer of one billion euros for the nine-times European champions.

The Santiago Bernabeu giants have issued a statement which confirms club president Florentino Perez is friends with the Sheikh, but that no proposal is on the table.

"Real Madrid wishes to inform: that Real Madrid president Mr Florentino Perez has had a great friendship for many years with His Highness, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan," read a statement on the club's official website.

"And that the so-called interest and the existence of any offer to acquire Real Madrid are false.

"His Highness has always shown tremendous respect for the club and understands that Real Madrid belongs to its members."

Sheikh Mansour is president of Abu Dhabi's Al Jazira Club, where he set up a twinning agreement with the Spanish giants in 2005.

Lnik:- http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_5808046,00.html

Weird game tonight. Thought we deserved the win but a wierd selection. However, don't know about your view jack but I'm quite impressed with Mancinni's technical skills. He's just finding his way around and gave a lot of lads a try out who have no current form and who Hughes didn't give a chance. They were doing OK but when it got a it iffy, he switched it around before it was too llate.

I know it's early days but I'm warming to Mancinni.

Weird game tonight. Thought we deserved the win but a wierd selection. However, don't know about your view jack but I'm quite impressed with Mancinni's technical skills. He's just finding his way around and gave a lot of lads a try out who have no current form and who Hughes didn't give a chance. They were doing OK but when it got a it iffy, he switched it around before it was too llate.

If you are in the UK i'd take a stroll down the bookies. This guy is a proven top flight manager with excellent squad and i presume a load of cash. He also seems to have taken "control" of the squad. Very positive signs from first three games. Oh dear! :)

<deleted>. The semi against the scum is off tomorrow and rescheduled for 19th Jan due to the snow. I had my night all mapped out for that one. :)

Mind you, i feel more sorry for a might of mine who should be landig in the UK any time now. He's gone back to the UK for it and he doesn't even know it's off yet.

Well on the one hand, they have not conceded any goals, but on the other we have only played Wolves, Stoke and Middlesborough, none of whom are renowned for scoring goals. What worries me is that they still are allowing numerous goal scoring opportunities. Having said that, we are more capable of scoring plenty :)

To be fair, we have looked comfortable in every game.

I am not anti-Mancini, he should be given a chance. Time will tell

Interesting reading...

Manchester City Report Annual Losses Of £92.6m

Biggest yearly deficit in English football history...

Manchester City have reported a colossal annual loss of £92.6 million, the largest such figure ever recorded by a club in English football history.

Since the numbers run up until March 31, 2009, the transfer market binge during the summer is not included, but the previous year's business comes under the jurisdiction of the report.

This means that the transfers of Robinho - for a British record fee of £32.5m - as well as those of Jo, Craig Bellamy and Shay Given among others are all included.

The club revealed via its official website: "Turnover for the year ended 31st May 2009 increased by 6% to £87.0m [2008: £82.3m], with this increase being offset by a significant increase in operating expenses to £121.2m [2008: £83.9m] primarily driven by increased playing staff costs.

"This resulted in a Net Operating Loss of £34.2m [2008: £1.6m] and a Net Loss for the Year after amortisation of player contracts and financing charges of £92.6m [2008: £32.6m].

"Match day attendances were up to 42,890 from an average of 42,081 in the previous season, with ticketing revenues ahead by £1.8m mainly as a result of the extended UEFA Cup run. TV Revenues were up 12% to £48.3m mainly as a result of UEFA cup performance, offset partially by a lower league placing than in the previous year.

"Revenues from other commercial activities decreased by 8% to £23.3m mainly due to a £4.5m reduction in events revenues, primarily as a result of having no events based activities in the 08/09 season, whereas in the prior year the Stadium held the UEFA Cup Final as well as music concerts and a major boxing event.

"This decrease was offset by significantly improved performances in the Club's core commercial areas of Retail and Partnerships.

"Costs relating to amortisation of player contracts increased in the year, rising to £39.4m from £25.4m in the previous year and reflecting again the costs of building a new young playing squad. Interest payable and similar charges increased significantly as a result of the increased level of shareholder loans made to the business during the year.

"Manchester City also confirmed today that subsequent to the end of the financial year, it has restructured its Balance Sheet with owner Sheikh Mansour converting all of his existing £304.9m shareholder loans made to the Club into equity. Sheikh Mansour has also purchased further shares to a value of £89.6m as a measure of his long term commitment to the Club."

However, the certainty of change at Eastlands was never more evident than during the unceremonious sacking of Mark Hughes prior to Roberto Mancini's appointment as manager.

City's chief financial and administration officer, Graham Wallace, said: "The financial results reflect a period of rapid change at the club, the result of long-term planning and investment by the Board and our owners, to create a sustainable business in the future.

"We have always said that this transformation will take a number of years and these figures reflect that."

In a move that reflects Roman Abramovich's decision-making at Chelsea, Sheikh Mansour has turned the club's £304.9m shareholder loans in equity. He has also bought a further £89.6m worth of shares - an act that has been called a "show of commitment" to the Citizens.

Wallace added: "The owners' decision to convert debt to equity is in line with their previously-stated financial strategy and is fantastic news for supporters of Manchester City, whose club is now on a secure financial foundation that gives a tremendous platform to build from in future years."

Its only money, a mere drop in the ocean. The more interesting new re City today is that Juan Sebastian Veron,remember him, an old buddy of Mancini, has revealed that he has just knocked back an offer from Mancini to join City. He, if he accepted was to get 7m pound and a similar anmount to his current club. Veron is so old all his hair has fallen out and is this the same Mancini seen as a forward loiking manager ?

If you are in the UK i'd take a stroll down the bookies. This guy is a proven top flight manager with excellent squad and i presume a load of cash. He also seems to have taken "control" of the squad. Very positive signs from first three games. Oh dear! :)

Agreed, no matter what you think of the Hughes fiasco, NOW City have just got a whole lot more serious if you ask me & are a serious, serious threat to break that Top 4 ( Just as the Pond Life are )..

I lumped a bit of $$ on City to break the Top 4 at the start of the Season & i'm very, very happy i did at the moment..

I lumped a bit of $$ on City to break the Top 4 at the start of the Season & i'm very, very happy i did at the moment..

Do you fancy splitting it Singhy :)

I just hope you do it before that last Game of the Season BJ as we migth need the Points to stay up.... :D

Apparently we are having talks with Patrick Viera as well.

Thats all but a done deal!!

So we have Vierra and Gary Cooke. 2 huge Bell Ends!!! :)

Would that mena dropping De Jong then ??

Nah, I don't think so. We are a bit thin on the ground in midfield at the moment with injuries. I think it would only be a short tern contract, so I think he'd be there to cover the empty spaces we have.

where the hel_l is michael johnson by the way citizens? is that rumour true about him liking the beer and pies a bit too much while out injured?

He's commentating for the BBC atall major athletics meetings :)

ah see now that michael johnson is a fascinating and expert pundit and exactly the calibre of pundity it would be nice to see on football shows.

where the hel_l is michael johnson by the way citizens? is that rumour true about him liking the beer and pies a bit too much while out injured?

He's commentating for the BBC atall major athletics meetings :)

ah see now that michael johnson is a fascinating and expert pundit and exactly the calibre of pundity it would be nice to see on football shows.

Correct...with Jeff Stelling. Could have Shebby sitting in the corner as the official dunce of the show.