Manchester City

mrbojangles

Certainly helped with the goa; difference eh jack :D

I think now level on GD with Spurs, but we have scored more goals, which is worth an extra point :D

I always said Spurs would be coming to Eastlands, needing to win. Aint gonna happen!!!! :D

And if it hadnt been the fact we were playing on a fish pond for the whole of the second half, I swear we would have scored at least 10!! :)

I'm almost getting excited for you lot...calm down, calm down. There's a long way to go :D:D:D

I think now level on GD with Spurs, but we have scored more goals, which is worth an extra point :D

I always said Spurs would be coming to Eastlands, needing to win. Aint gonna happen!!!! :D

And if it hadnt been the fact we were playing on a fish pond for the whole of the second half, I swear we would have scored at least 10!! :)

I'm almost getting excited for you lot...calm down, calm down. There's a long way to go :D:D:D

Its ok, we are City fans............. seasoned optimists. :D

I always said Spurs would be coming to Eastlands, needing to win. Aint gonna happen!!!! :cheesy:

Its ok, we are City fans............. seasoned optimists. :D

Ain't that the truth :D

P.S. 2 goals behind Spurs in GD but as you say, we've scored more.

It was so dire yesterday it felt like we were getting the consolation goal at the end of your match... :)

Smokie. Over here, we have a couple of Blackburn fans (who are obviously ecstatic about your demise yesterday) but they call Burnley fans "Dingles". Where does that come from ?

It was so dire yesterday it felt like we were getting the consolation goal at the end of your match... :)

Smokie. Over here, we have a couple of Blackburn fans (who are obviously ecstatic about your demise yesterday) but they call Burnley fans "Dingles". Where does that come from ?

No idea mate.

Whilst watching the match last night, i couldn't think of another team in the Premier who had scored 5 in the first half.

My suspicions proved correct and I am pleased to announce that we are the first ever premiership side to score 5 goals in the first half, since the Premeir League started.

The Dingles are Emmerdale Farms webtoed ,6 fingered family.

dingles.jpg

Whilst watching the match last night, i couldn't think of another team in the Premier who had scored 5 in the first half.

My suspicions proved correct and I am pleased to announce that we are the first ever premiership side to score 5 goals in the first half, since the Premeir League started.

fair play city but sweet jesus burnley were awful. sunday league awful.

The Dingles are Emmerdale Farms webtoed ,6 fingered family.

dingles.jpg

Is that their preseason team photo? :D

Our performance did make them look that way, didn't it Stevie :)

Our performance did make them look that way, didn't it Stevie :D

absolutely bojangles mate. that was the best i've seen any team play this season including barcelona at the emirates. :)

Our performance did make them look that way, didn't it Stevie :D

absolutely bojangles mate. that was the best i've seen any team play this season including barcelona at the emirates. :)

Shukhran :D

With Rooney out. One man band United must be hating this :)

Terrific Tevez lands PFA Fans Award

Carlos Tevez’ amazing scoring form has landed him yet another monthly award.

Football lovers all over the world cast their votes for him and the Argentina international has romped to success in the PFA Fans’ Player of the Month poll.

His winning goal in the 2-1 win over Fulham was important, but the award-clinching performance for our striker was his stunning 12-minute hat-trick against Wigan.

Having claimed the final Player of the Month title for the season, Tevez now has his sights set on the Golden Boot as the Premier League’s top scorer. He could also become the first City striker to hit 30 goals is a top-flight season since the great Francis Lee.

Another of the Blues in-form hitmen, Emmanuel Adebayor, led the tributes.

"Carlos never gives up," praised Manu who scored twice himself in the six goal romp at Burnley on Easter Saturday.

"I've had the chance to play with a lot of great strikers, but Carlos really is special. He's from Argentina, and we all know how Argentineans play. They are always hungry for the ball, and Carlos is just like that.

“He fights for the team week-in, week-out and in training he is always doing his job. I'm very happy playing alongside Carlos and I'm really enjoying my game at the moment because of it.”

Tevez has already bagged two of our own Etihad Player of the Month awards and is favourite for a third to go with his PFA backed Fans’ gong.

Much as I want United to win the Premiership (purely tactical, to overhaul Liverpool's record and complete the rubbing of Rafa's face in the mire), I really think that was the stupidest management decision Fergie has ever made - to believe the squad was strong enough to see Tevez and Ronaldo depart, with so little reinforcement.

It may well come back to haunt him, if it hasn't already.

The "worst" case might be United doing a Liverpool next season if Chelsea pip them to the post this year and your boys come out fighting and can last all season.

Dream on... :)

Lets not get carried away AGAIN......How many years is it?

You are starting early this year normally you wait until the previous season is actually over...same same but different to keep it Thailand related :D

On our current form, it makes for a very tasy encounter against the RAGS next week :)

From skysports:-

Man City 5 - 1 Birmingham

City roar to rousing victory

Mancini's men move closer to Champions League place

Manchester City moved closer to securing a UEFA Champions League spot with a rousing 5-1 win over Birmingham at Eastlands on Sunday.

A blitz of four goals in five minutes in the latter stages of the first half set what was an uninspiring game alight, with City 3-1 in front at the half-time break.

Birmingham looked to be in the game by the half-hour mark, but City made their defence pay for some lapses in concentration to complete what was a comfortable victory for Roberto Mancini's men.

Carlos Tevez grabbed the first from the spot after Scott Dann brought down Emmanuel Adebayor, and laid claim to the second after Nedum Onuoha headed the ball towards goal from a corner, which Tevez appeared to touch in.

Onuoha scored his first league goal of the season and Emmanuel Adebayor also weighed in with a brace.

They have now scored 14 goals in the last three games which will put them in good heart for the match against Manchester United on Saturday.

Guest of honour at the game was former City goalkeeper Bert Trautmann, 86, who broke his neck in the victory against Birmingham in the 1956 FA Cup final.

He saw City dominate the first half and Adebayor found the side netting after being released by Tevez, who was looking for the return pass.

Birmingham again found themselves on the back foot after 14 minutes with Tevez firing wide following good link up play involving Craig Bellamy and Adebayor.

The visitors then got themselves in a muddle at the back but Adebayor could not take advantage and failed to test Maik Taylor.

City maintained the momentum and Adebayor turned quickly in the area after 33 minutes, only to see Roger Johnson and Taylor combine to block his shot.

Five minutes later Tevez made the breakthrough with his 27th goal of a remarkable first season at the club.

The Argentina striker scored from the penalty spot after Scott Dann was adjudged to have bundled over Adebayor.

Tevez stepped up and sent Taylor the wrong way with his effort to put City in the driving seat.

They went 2-0 ahead in the 40th minute when Onuoha was left unmarked as Adam Johnson swung in a corner. The full-back thought he scored with a firm downward header and wheeled away in delight but Tevez got the last touch before the ball crossed the line.

However, Birmingham pulled a goal back two minutes later with Cameron Jerome heading home following a cross from James McFadden.

City responded immediately with Adebayor making it 3-1 in the 43rd minute when he got on the end of Bellamy's delivery with Taylor out of position.

They almost extended their lead in the 50th minute after Onuoha got on the end of a free-kick from Bellamy but saw his header go over the bar.

Play switched back down the other end and Keith Fahey should have scored when Shay Given failed to deal with a cross but the striker headed wide.

Tevez then squandered a good opportunity in the 60th minute after Bellamy had put Roger Johnson under pressure.

The ball broke to the City striker and he raced on only to get a heavy touch and Taylor was able to gather it up.

Birmingham were making a decent fist of it, however, and Fahey rattled in a shot that was blocked by Given's legs.

Then Tevez thought he had scored in the 64th minute only for Taylor to claw away his excellent free-kick from 20 yards.

Tevez saw his close range effort parried by Taylor in the 71st minute but Bellamy spooned the rebound into the crowd.

City went further ahead in the 74th minute with Onouha shrugging off a couple of half-hearted challenges before sending a shot beyond the despairing Taylor.

Birmingham were being stretched and Adebayor secured his brace two minutes from time after running from deep before beating Taylor.

just don't do a City... :D

:)

I've had to live with that feeling all my life Singhy. Even at 5-1 up, we still feel that they might do a "City" and lose :D

So do we, so fear not :D Its all about the art of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Come Sunday night i think we'll have a very good idea where this seasons going and i'd rather be in your shoes thats for sure. City seem to have turned up a gear and i see no sign of us being able to do likewise.

At this stage of the season its about self belief IMO. I just won't have it that these players are too tired.

I'm not throwing in the towel, but i was'nt expecting the Arse and Chelsea games to be must wins either.

It's going to be an interesting week :D

Very impressive end to the season for City.

United must be shitting themselves, given their uncharacteristic end of season implosion. And guess who'll score the winner?

That would be the Icing on the cake for me :)

For the first time in many years, I am convinced that City will beat United, and comfortably so.

United are playing just awful. They look tired and totally lacking in motivation.

City on the other hand, seem to have got a second wind, and are playing some great football. Just hope Viera's injury keeps him out!!

I thought this was a nice refreshing and honest article from Bellamy.

from skysports:-

Bellamy slams fellow pros

Manchester City star Craig Bellamy has launched a scathing attack on his fellow professionals by saying he is 'ashamed' to be a footballer.

The striker, speaking in an interview with a French magazine, said he did not feel close to his colleagues because they lived a different lifestyle to him.

And the 30-year-old revealed he had no time for players who did not give their all in matches.

Quoted in the News of the World, Bellamy said: "I don't feel close to footballers. Sometimes when I see certain things I'm ashamed to be a footballer.

"I don't go to nightclubs, I don't go to lounge bars, I don't spend my days shopping. That doesn't interest me. I spend a lot of time with my children at home. That's where I feel good."

He added: "I don't know how to be on the pitch as a tourist. Some lads do that but I can't. When I play, I play for real. I never pretend.

"I know I get carried away by emotion. I have always been like that. I don't give a toss whether that pleases people or not. I do my thing. What counts for me is the respect of my family, people who know me, my manager and my team-mates."

Bellamy has courted controversy throughout his career both on and off the pitch, with his latest storm following remarks about John Terry's private life.

The Welshman has enjoyed a successful season with City, though, bagging 11 goals and providing a spearhead to Roberto Mancini's front line as the club attempt to wrap up a top four spot.

But Bellamy's future at Eastlands looked in doubt in January following the dismissal of Mark Hughes, who Bellamy played under during his time at Blackburn.

The striker has since settled under Mancini's reign - although he admitted he does not see many prospects for his career emerging if he remains at the Blues.

"New players are coming in a few months and I might be overtaken," he said. "I don't see myself playing for City in two or three years, lifting trophies."

Bellamy's high-octane displays have become his trademark, however, at 31, the ex-Norwich man feels his cut-and-thrust approach may dwindle as he approaches the later stages of his career.

He added: "It's going to stop quickly. My body won't hold up for a long time. I'll soon be 31 and that will quickly become a problem. I won't be able to play at my best any more and I will stop playing.

"I have had seven knee operations in the last nine years. I can't string three games a week together. My body does not allow me to play all the time."