Manchester City

mrbojangles

Hallo “Citizens” fans,

In my hometown, Hamburg, there are reports that City signed our Jerome Boateng at a price of EUR 12.5 Mill. for the new season.

I slowly come to the impression that Manchester City becomes a branch of the Hamburger SV (HSV) as in summer 2008 it signed Vincent Kompany for about EUR 8.5 Mill and in winter 2009 Nigel de Jong for about EUR 17.5 Mill. It is reported that Boateng will double his salary to about EUR 5 Mill/year.

Well it seems your sponsor, His Excellency Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan has again opened his portfolio in favour of the HSV. Thanks for that.

I wish Jerome and City all the best for the next season.

Hallo Mr. Bojangles,

according to the German press and even to a spokesman for the HSV it seems to be quite certain.

Boateng is a German international and will most probably show up in the German World Cup squad. Apparently he had some problems with the Hamburg coach, and, most important, Manchester offered a much better contract.

He has some problems with injuries but if he stays fit I am sure City will get a talented player.

From http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/

This is going to be one heck of a tasty encounter :)

Madchester mayhem must stop: City and United warned over derby-day antics

Sir Alex Ferguson and Roberto Mancini will be told to keep a lid on their players’ derby-day goal celebrations after a warning from Manchester police.

Manchester United face bitter rivals City at Eastlands in a lunchtime showdown, which is one of the most important derby games in years.

It emerged last night that Greater Manchester Police have contacted both Barclays Premier League clubs this week, telling them that there must be no repeat of the provocative player behaviour that has marred the fixture this season.

Two Carling Cup meetings between the teams in January featured crowd trouble inside and outside Eastlands and Old Trafford that Manchester police had not

witnessed for some years and senior officers believe the behaviour of some players did not help.

In a league meeting between the teams last September, City striker Craig Bellamy clashed with a fan on the pitch at Old Trafford, while United skipper Gary Neville was warned by the FA for the way he celebrated his team’s winning goal.

Then, in the Carling Cup at Eastlands in January, City’s former United star Carlos Tevez celebrated the first of his two goals by running provocatively along the touchline and exchanging gestures with former team-mate Neville. In the second leg, Bellamy was hit by a bottle.

City have been boosted this week by a return to training for Wayne Bridge who has been out for a month with a knee problem. The former England left back will start tomorrow’s game.

Meanwhile, manager Mancini was yesterday warned about his own behaviour by the FA after admitting a charge of improper conduct.

The Italian was charged after barging in to Everton manager David Moyes towards the end of a game between the teams on March 24.

He was also handed a £20,000 fine, suspended until the end of the 2011-12 season.

Edited by mrbojangles

From http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/

This is going to be one heck of a tasty encounter :)

Madchester mayhem must stop: City and United warned over derby-day antics

Sir Alex Ferguson and Roberto Mancini will be told to keep a lid on their players’ derby-day goal celebrations after a warning from Manchester police.

Manchester United face bitter rivals City at Eastlands in a lunchtime showdown, which is one of the most important derby games in years.

It emerged last night that Greater Manchester Police have contacted both Barclays Premier League clubs this week, telling them that there must be no repeat of the provocative player behaviour that has marred the fixture this season.

Two Carling Cup meetings between the teams in January featured crowd trouble inside and outside Eastlands and Old Trafford that Manchester police had not

witnessed for some years and senior officers believe the behaviour of some players did not help.

In a league meeting between the teams last September, City striker Craig Bellamy clashed with a fan on the pitch at Old Trafford, while United skipper Gary Neville was warned by the FA for the way he celebrated his team’s winning goal.

Then, in the Carling Cup at Eastlands in January, City’s former United star Carlos Tevez celebrated the first of his two goals by running provocatively along the touchline and exchanging gestures with former team-mate Neville. In the second leg, Bellamy was hit by a bottle.

City have been boosted this week by a return to training for Wayne Bridge who has been out for a month with a knee problem. The former England left back will start tomorrow’s game.

Meanwhile, manager Mancini was yesterday warned about his own behaviour by the FA after admitting a charge of improper conduct.

The Italian was charged after barging in to Everton manager David Moyes towards the end of a game between the teams on March 24.

He was also handed a £20,000 fine, suspended until the end of the 2011-12 season.

I just hope it is as exciting as the last few games.

Hallo Mr. Bojangles,

according to the German press and even to a spokesman for the HSV it seems to be quite certain.

Hi Lotus

According to skysports, any possible deal won't happen until summer:-

Mancini tracking Boateng

Roberto Mancini admits he is a fan of Jerome Boateng and has hinted he may make a move in the summer.

The Manchester City boss has been linked with the Hamburg defender for some time, with the Italian believed to be keen on shoring up his back four.

An £11million bid has been touted, although it remains unclear how highly Boateng is valued by his German employers.

It is likely they will want a sizeable fee for the 21-year-old, as he has matured into one of Europe's top talents over recent years.

The brother of Portsmouth midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng, he has already broken into the senior Germany side and will be hoping to make their World Cup squad.

"He is only young but he is a good player," said Mancini when asked about his supposed interest in Boateng.

"We have followed him, like we have followed a lot of players but I don't think we will decide what to do until after this season is over."

Should Boateng secure a move to City he will become the third former Hamburg player at Eastlands, following in the footsteps of Nigel de Jong and Vincent Kompany.

Hallo Mr. Bojangles,

The following sentence is a bit misleading:

Quote: "An £11million bid has been touted, although it remains unclear how highly Boateng is valued by his German employers." Unquote

According to the German press (of course I have not seen his contract by person) his contract has a FIXED transfer fee of EUR 12.5 Mill. This means Hamburg can not demand more. Although he actually is quite an important defender for the Hamburg team.

And again, in our newspapers the transfer deal is signed. It would be very surprising if the deal fails.

So lets see by the end of the season.

Hi again Lotus

Hallo Mr. Bojangles,

The following sentence is a bit misleading:

Quote: "An £11million bid has been touted, although it remains unclear how highly Boateng is valued by his German employers." Unquote

Yes, we haven't seen the detail of his contract, so it is all speculation. But the club could have a caveat stipulating that although he can leave if a club offers more than 12.5 mill euro's, they can sell him to the highest bidder should there be more than one club interested in buying him. As I say, that is speculation.

And again, in our newspapers the transfer deal is signed. It would be very surprising if the deal fails.

So lets see by the end of the season.

There is nothing on the official Man City web site, so I doubt whether a deal has actually been finalised as of yet. We shall see soon enough. :)

happy with this one citizens? not that mike riley is remotely in alex ferguson's pocket, oh no.

City incensed after referee Atkinson switched to Manchester derby

• Official played lengthy injury time in United's win in September

• City seek official explanation about replacement referee

Daniel Taylor

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/ap...-united-referee

Manchester City are demanding an official explanation after the referee responsible for the infamous "Fergie Time" controversy was put in charge of tomorrow's Manchester derby.

Senior officials at Eastlands are so concerned about Martin Atkinson's appointment that, with Roberto Mancini's agreement, they were trying to contact the Premier League's head of referees, Mike Riley, tonight to express their concerns. The club will demand to know why another referee was not appointed.

Atkinson has been switched from Stoke's match against Bolton Wanderers despite being heavily criticised when the teams met at Old Trafford in September. He was the official who awarded four minutes of stoppage time but actually played seven, with Michael Owen scoring a 96th-minute winner for Sir Alex Ferguson's team.

tomorrow's match was due to be officiated by Steve Bennett but he has been on a Uefa course in Romania and contacted the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) this afternoon to inform them that he had not been able to fly back because of the Icelandic volcano eruption.

Mancini was not at the club at the time of the earlier game but his predecessor as manager, Mark Hughes, was so incensed by Atkinson's timekeeping that he requested an explanation from the Premier League, and the club was not satisfied with the response. Atkinson was absolved by Riley, and the PGMOL has taken the stance that it cannot be influenced by what it perceives to be unfair criticisms.

Atkinson will go into both dressing rooms before the match to remind the players to do nothing to incite the crowd in what Ferguson described as potentially the most important Manchester derby since he took control of United in 1986.

Ferguson's side are four points behind Chelsea at the top of the league and a defeat would all but end their hopes of a fourth successive title. City are fourth in the league, hoping to qualify for the Champions League, and the club Ferguson derided as "noisy neighbours" have scored 14 times in the last three games.

Six have come from Carlos Tevez, taking his total to 28 in a season when he has been nominated for the Professional Footballers' Association player of the year award, but Ferguson said he had "no regrets" about losing the Argentinian to City, even though Wayne Rooney's ankle injury has been a devastating blow.

"You cannot dispute the fact that he [Tevez] has had a great goalscoring season but I've got no regrets at all. None whatsoever. We tried to buy him but we didn't match the money they wanted [the consortium that owned Tevez's registration] and therefore the boy moved on. There is no bitterness for me. Players leave here – some do well, some don't. You just have to move on."

Ferguson added: "I thought he had a good first season with us, I must admit, but in the second season he didn't feature as much. This is a very big club and there is a big demand here. And he had far more competition with us than he has at City, there is no doubt about that."

City's decision to put up a "Welcome to Manchester" billboard after signing Tevez led Ferguson to describe them as a "small club with a small mentality" and the striker has continued to be a central figure in the rivalry, most notably by describing Gary Neville as a "boot-licking moron".

But Tevez also angered his own club this week with a newspaper interview in which he said the players were "not happy" with Mancini's double training sessions. Mancini will not fine his leading scorer but he will summon him to his office for an explanation. "This week, the most important thing for me has been the game," he said. "I will have time, though, in the coming weeks."

Mancini hopes the striker will regret his remarks. "I know how footballers work. When I was a player [at Sampdoria] I publicly criticised the manager for his training. I would say: 'Oh, this training is no good for us and blah blah blah' but when that manager, [Vujadin] Boskov, was sacked I was sad because I knew he was the best manager and that I had made a mistake. I knew I was wrong."

Jesus, that just proves that $$ can buy you anything you want..

Gianni Versace would be turning in his Grave if he knew that Carlitos Tevez & Adebayor were walking down Catwalks these days as Models.. :)

Fashion, my arse.

They look like they should be playing for the Hampstead Heath Cottagers dressed like that.

The game was in the balance right up to the end and i thought you guys looked most likely to capitalize on the break as we got more desperate to score, but in the end a bit of luck and magic settled it for us. Way it goes sometimes...

Throwing on Viera seemed a bit negative. Was happy you didn't go all out attack, as perhaps you should have done in the circumstances. Still, i guess a draw would have been ok for you.

Will be nice to have all of Manchester cheering us on next weekend. :)

Edited by rixalex

I don't care for people who turn up to gloat on other people's threads - so tacky

[Not a Man City fan]

Sorry mate for gloating but that is what football banter is all about!! :)

I can tell you that.... you not being a bitter blue makes no difference to me,it still obviously hit a nerve for your tacky comment lol! :D You have obviously never been to Manchester on derby day,are you an arse follower?

ps i never had a keyboard over the weekend or it would of been ten times worse

The game was in the balance right up to the end and i thought you guys looked most likely to capitalize on the break as we got more desperate to score, but in the end a bit of luck and magic settled it for us. Way it goes sometimes...

Throwing on Viera seemed a bit negative. Was happy you didn't go all out attack, as perhaps you should have done in the circumstances. Still, i guess a draw would have been ok for you.

Will be nice to have all of Manchester cheering us on next weekend. :)

LOL to that!