Manchester City

mrbojangles

No doubt you were gutted to see your 'mates' at the business end creaking today singhy. Not to worry we'll pile the pressure on again tomorrow. ;)

You want to hope you do for your sakes Lloyd as even a win tomorrow won't take you into the CL spots after City's Point today..;)

Strange :o i always thought it was where you ended up at the end of the season not 15 games into the season but perhaps the rules have been changed ;).

Well it depends doesn't it, it depends who's eyes you look at it in so let's use the average T*ttingham Fans as an example to use.. :D

If you're T*ttingham after 15 Games you're nailed on to finish top 4 or even possibly win the League, if you're Man City you've wasted loads of money, won't finish top 4 & will be Managerless on Monday & if you're West Ham you're down, gone after 15 Games..

That's all i know..;)

This is based less on points though at this stage....more on how the players play as a team....squad depth and quality. The pressure on the manager at City must be enormous....less so at Tottenham and your lot singhy need togive your manager a bundle of cash to buy some decent players in January or by your own admission its home and away agaist Milwall.

Can we win the league?......Nah not this year. ;)

Nice to see we can score goals without Carlos :D

From skysports:-

Man City 3 - 0 Red Bull Salzburg

Super Mario sends City through

Balotelli & Johnson see off Salzburg at snowy Eastlands

Manchester City booked their place in the last 32 of the Europa League with comfortable 3-0 win over Salzburg.

Mario Balotelli helped himself to two goals and Adam Johnson's stunning late effort eased City to all three points to move to the top of Group A.

Italian international Balotelli broke the deadlock on 18 minutes when he volleyed home Pablo Zabaleta's.

Balotelli added a second on 65 minutes when he converted Patrick Vieira's mis-hit shot from close-range.

City put some gloss on the win 12 minutes from time when Johnson skipped his way past three defender before curling a superb shot into the far corner.

It was almost like a training session for City given their possession and they should have been more than one goal to the good at the interval.

They made their intentions clear as early as the third minute when Patrick Vieira - one of eight changes to the side - flicked the ball on to Jo only for Franz Schiemer to make a timely challenge.

Balotelli was quickly into the game and cut in from the left but sent his effort over the bar before he got on the end of a cross from Johnson in the ninth minute. The ball broke to Joleon Lescott, who was crowded out.

City should have taken the lead in the 15th minute when Vieira released Balotelli with superb through-ball. He raced on, only for goalkeeper Gerhard Tremmel to boot his effort clear.

Their pressure paid off in the 18th minute thanks to Balotelli, who swept home a fine volley from inside the area following a cross from Pablo Zabaleta.

They were cutting Salzburg open and made an unsuccessful appeal for a penalty in the 32nd minute.

James Milner found Balotelli with a defence-splitting pass and the striker homed in on goal. However Schiemer was able to get in a challenge that left his opponent on the floor but referee Libor Kovarik deemed it was fair.

Then Zabaleta picked out Shaun Wright-Phillips in the 40th minute and he tested Tremmel from distance with an instinctive shot.

City should have added a second a minute before half-time following another quick break. Johnson sent Milner scampering away but he steered his effort the wrong side of the post.

City were looking to build on their lead and Wright-Phillips got clear in the 48th minute. Jo and Balotelli were waiting in the area but the delivery from the winger was poor and it was cleared to safety.

The referee then angered the visitors by allowing play to continue in the 55th minute after Simon Cziommer was left pole-axed.

Balotelli came close to extending City's lead as Cziommer lay prostrate on the pitch. However he was able to clamber off the stretcher and make his way to the dressing room.

City squandered another good chance of adding a second goal in the 58th minute after a sweeping move.

Jerome Boateng and Wright-Phillips linked up but Balotelli's powerful effort ended up in the side-netting.

Then Milner cleared the bar with a 20-yard shot after being set up by Johnson before they eventually extended their lead.

Balotelli scored his second goal from close range following a ball from Vieira after Johnson had won possession.

He almost completed his hat-trick a minute but again his effort found the side netting.

Balotelli was given a standing ovation when he was replaced by Emmanuel Adebayor in the 71st minute.

And City made it 3-0 seven minutes later following a fine individual effort from Johnson.

He skipped past three dispirited Salzburg players before finding the corner with his shot as City march on.

Edited by mrbojangles

I got sounded out last night for a trip to Dublin in May too which i said i'd do if you get there..:)

See you there then :D

I think it's mor ethan possible..

I'd fancy you's over anyone in teh Competition, certainly over 2 Legs too..

Once, you could get beat, but over 2 Legs, i doubt it..

Edited by MSingh

Much ado about nothing or what ??

I reckon so, i think the Press are gonna demolish Balotelli every chance they get sadly..

Looks like him & Boateng are just having a muck about to me..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1335431/Mario-Balotelli-Jerome-Boateng-scrap-training.html

Handbags aye....will to win an all....when this team clicks its going to be amazing really. Just give it another year or so will ya.....!

I say let's give it another 34 years-or is it 35 now, can't keep track anymore ;)

To be fair James, we've already been advised that they are guaranteed to finish above Tottenham :o All those years and they have'nt learnt that actions speak louder than words. :whistling: However i'll say no more as this is a deeply sensitive thread, but i will be the first to congratulate them IF they finish above us.

I say let's give it another 34 years-or is it 35 now, can't keep track anymore ;)

To be fair James, we've already been advised that they are guaranteed to finish above Tottenham :o All those years and they have'nt learnt that actions speak louder than words. :whistling: However i'll say no more as this is a deeply sensitive thread, but i will be the first to congratulate them IF they finish above us.

Won't happen this season. Just my opinion though and not one shared by experts such as ummmm Lawro.......a confident assumption. Still a bunch of very good players....not yet a cohesive unit......change of manager will happen first I reckon before they make a title challenge.

Won't happen this season. Just my opinion though and not one shared by experts such as ummmm Lawro.......a confident assumption. Still a bunch of very good players....not yet a cohesive unit......change of manager will happen first I reckon before they make a title challenge.

Exactly smokie, the main problem lies with the manager. I have no doubt that City will win the league, with their spending it has to happen, but not with this manager.

Lawro is a knob and talks a load od cods.

Much ado about nothing or what ??

I reckon so, i think the Press are gonna demolish Balotelli every chance they get sadly..

Think your right Singhers.

Must admit though, the lad is starting to look really good. Needs a few more Prem games under his belt and I reckon we're gonna see someone special.

change of manager will happen first I reckon before they make a title challenge.

Exactly smokie, the main problem lies with the manager. I have no doubt that City will win the league, with their spending it has to happen, but not with this manager.

Won't get any arguments from me on that one chaps. I just cannot understand some of Mancini's "tactics" if that is what you want to call them. Maybe "tactic" is an exageration!!

Lawro is a knob and talks a load od cods.

Or that one either :D

I think he'll be ok & i think City may be ok & maybe not win the League this Year, but then again it is teh mist up for grabs in recent History..

I do think they'll finish in teh CL spots & i get the feeling looking to rid the likes of Bridge, Jo, SWP, Santa Cruz etc is the right Road to go down because make no mistake, releasing them Players will allow better Players to come in January..

That's progressing i think, that's all you can do, progress..

Here are some stats from the City website before the game with West Ham:-

City travel to Upton Park this afternoon looking to close the gap on leaders Arsenal with four of the top five teams in action against each other this weekend – here are all the facts, stats and info you need ahead of the game…

Since losing 4-1 to West Ham in November 2000, the Blues have conceded just three goals in seven visits, keeping four clean sheets along the way.

During the 1962/63 season, the Hammers became the first and only team to beat City 6-1 home and away. The next meeting in September 1966 saw the East Londoners win 4-1 at Maine Road, meaning they’d scored 16 goals and conceded just three in three meetings with the Blues.

City’s last headed Premier League goal was scored at West Ham last May when Shaun Wright-Phillips rose like a salmon to score the equaliser in a 1-1 draw.

City average a fraction better than one goal per visit to Upton Park with 45 in 44 visits.

The Blues have lost just one of the last ten league and cup meetings with West Ham home and away.

The Hammers are unbeaten in their last five league and Carling Cup home games having won three and drawn twice. However, they have won just four of their last 14 Premier League games at Upton Park.

In contrast, the Blues have lost just two of their last 15 Premier League away fixtures.

Only one team has prevented West Ham from scoring in the last 11 Premier League games at Upton Park – Ian Holloway’s Blackpool, who ironically have the worst goals conceded on the road record in the top flight!

I thought you was great first half..

Second half we sort of came back into it & should have had a Penalty at 0-1 but it wasn't given & 10 mins later it's 0-2, without us really causing a threat ..

But.......we can't expect to even compete with City in my opinion & we didn't really overall..

All over the Pitch you were better & so you should be.

I hope your form continues..:)

Second half we sort of came back into it & should have had a Penalty at 0-1 but it wasn't given & 10 mins later it's 0-2, without us really causing a threat ..

But.......we can't expect to even compete with City in my opinion & we didn't really overall..

Well deserved win.

Well deserved win.

taken apart by a better team effort , simply put, to be honest , an easy game for city :angry:

Well deserved win.

taken apart by a better team effort , simply put, to be honest , an easy game for city :angry:

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with that performance. But I'm now very worried about reports of Tevez putting in a transfer request. Hopefully it's a load of codswallop.

Well deserved win.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with that performance. But I'm now very worried about reports of Tevez putting in a transfer request. Hopefully it's a load of codswallop.

What an unpleasant little fellow Tevez appears to be. SAF was right to get rid of him quick!

What an unpleasant little fellow Tevez appears to be. SAF was right to get rid of him quick!

Don't know whether it's him or that nuisance of an agent he has. I'm not an happy bunny about this and would love to know who are the people at city who he says he has a problem with.

His next club may be Boca Juniors. :huh:

They ain't got the money and I would think (unlike Robinho)the owners will let him rot in the reserves before giving him away.

Carlos Tevez walks into a book shop. Goes up to the counter and says to the shop assistant: "I want a book about chutzpah and I want you to pay for it." Or at least that was the gist of reporting by Her Majesty's fourth estate on Sunday when news that the Argentina striker had handed in a written transfer request to Manchester City screamed out of the radio.

Twenty-four hours have seen a reverse ferret of epic proportions with Carlitos now the wronged party, done down by the machinations of "certain executives and individuals at the club" who have left their relationship "broken down" and "beyond repair". He is at pains to point out that he still loves Sheikh Manosur, Roberto Mancini, the fans, the colour sky blue, Mel Torme's version of Blue Moon, snoods, Francis Lee, Colin Bell and Mike Summerbee, Oasis's first two albums, Curly Watts out of Coronation Street, Eddie Large but not "Supersonic" Syd Little, inflatable bananas and Vimto. But as for that Garry Cook and Brian Marwood …

Anyway, the upshot is that he's off and to get away, ideally to Boca Juniors, who can afford neither his transfer fee nor his wages, he is prepared to go on strike and refuse to play for the first team ever again. The Daily Mail says Chelsea are "monitoring the situation" which is a new euphemism that means "wetting themselves in hysterics". Could he also be swapped with Liverpool for Fernando Torres asks the Mail, rhetorically. Well he could, but he won't.

Elsewhere Aston Villa are in turmoil after a training ground bust-up involving Richard Dunne and Gary McAllister. Apparently Dunne told Gérard Houllier's right-hand man that his methods were antediluvian and walked off the pitch. According to the Mirror, other gripes include Houllier's banning of mobile phones from Bodymoor Heath, fewer days off and the injunction that dressing-room banter should be focused solely on football and not on other subjects, such as dialectical materialism and the Schleswig-Holstein question. To cheer himself up Houllier has stripped Dunne of the captaincy, is getting ready to sell Stephen Ireland to anyone who will have him and sign Demba Ba from Hoffenheim for £6m and Iraklis Thessaloniki's Apostolos Vellios for £2m.

Alan Pardew or "Alan Cheerer" (Geddit?) as the Mirror have dubbed him is fighting a losing battle with Bolton for Swansea's Darren Pratley. Wigan had hoped to steal in and pinch him too but Wanderers have got the edge and will do a deal in January to sign him for nowt in the summer. Pardew will also fail in his attempt to recruit his favourite former No2 Peter Grant to St James' Park. He's stopping with Alex McLeish at Birmingham City, or "Glum Brum" as they're known by the tabloids today after the Wolves defeat.

Blackburn reckon £3m will prise Charlie Adam out of Blackpool to play in front of Sam Allardyce's "bunch of old women" while Tottenham have set their sights on Internazionale's Italy full-back Davide Santon. According to his agent "there is no clarity from the coach" about playing Santon in his right-back role. Poor Rafael Benítez. Why all the criticism? Does white liquid in a bottle always have to be milk? That move may be kiboshed by Inter sacking Benítez and replacing him with Fabio Capello according to calciomercato.

Everton are going to cash in on Steven Piennar before he walks away for nothing in July, flogging him to Spurs for £3m and buying an unnamed striker with the cash. David Moyes would rather be rid of Johnny Heitinga, Diniyar Bilyaletdinov and the man the Guardian style guide insists we call Yakubu Ayegbeni but can find no takers.

How much of this rumour mill can we believe??

Personally think no chance Torres moves to City... No chance Tevez moves to either Liverpool or Boca Juniors

Gary Cooke is a class "A" tawt" despite my mate ( who acts as 'bodyguard' for him and his entourage every week, telling me he is a real nice guy)

Typical City. Whenever it starts to look good, something always comes along and bites the ars!!

We will still finish above Spurs though!! Just in case either Lloyd or the other guy come on here, saying I have changed my tune!! :lol:

His next club may be Boca Juniors. :huh:

They ain't got the money and I would think (unlike Robinho)the owners will let him rot in the reserves before giving him away.

Carlos Tevez walks into a book shop. Goes up to the counter and says to the shop assistant: "I want a book about chutzpah and I want you to pay for it." Or at least that was the gist of reporting by Her Majesty's fourth estate on Sunday when news that the Argentina striker had handed in a written transfer request to Manchester City screamed out of the radio.

Twenty-four hours have seen a reverse ferret of epic proportions with Carlitos now the wronged party, done down by the machinations of "certain executives and individuals at the club" who have left their relationship "broken down" and "beyond repair". He is at pains to point out that he still loves Sheikh Manosur, Roberto Mancini, the fans, the colour sky blue, Mel Torme's version of Blue Moon, snoods, Francis Lee, Colin Bell and Mike Summerbee, Oasis's first two albums, Curly Watts out of Coronation Street, Eddie Large but not "Supersonic" Syd Little, inflatable bananas and Vimto. But as for that Garry Cook and Brian Marwood …

Anyway, the upshot is that he's off and to get away, ideally to Boca Juniors, who can afford neither his transfer fee nor his wages, he is prepared to go on strike and refuse to play for the first team ever again. The Daily Mail says Chelsea are "monitoring the situation" which is a new euphemism that means "wetting themselves in hysterics". Could he also be swapped with Liverpool for Fernando Torres asks the Mail, rhetorically. Well he could, but he won't.

Elsewhere Aston Villa are in turmoil after a training ground bust-up involving Richard Dunne and Gary McAllister. Apparently Dunne told Gérard Houllier's right-hand man that his methods were antediluvian and walked off the pitch. According to the Mirror, other gripes include Houllier's banning of mobile phones from Bodymoor Heath, fewer days off and the injunction that dressing-room banter should be focused solely on football and not on other subjects, such as dialectical materialism and the Schleswig-Holstein question. To cheer himself up Houllier has stripped Dunne of the captaincy, is getting ready to sell Stephen Ireland to anyone who will have him and sign Demba Ba from Hoffenheim for £6m and Iraklis Thessaloniki's Apostolos Vellios for £2m.

Alan Pardew or "Alan Cheerer" (Geddit?) as the Mirror have dubbed him is fighting a losing battle with Bolton for Swansea's Darren Pratley. Wigan had hoped to steal in and pinch him too but Wanderers have got the edge and will do a deal in January to sign him for nowt in the summer. Pardew will also fail in his attempt to recruit his favourite former No2 Peter Grant to St James' Park. He's stopping with Alex McLeish at Birmingham City, or "Glum Brum" as they're known by the tabloids today after the Wolves defeat.

Blackburn reckon £3m will prise Charlie Adam out of Blackpool to play in front of Sam Allardyce's "bunch of old women" while Tottenham have set their sights on Internazionale's Italy full-back Davide Santon. According to his agent "there is no clarity from the coach" about playing Santon in his right-back role. Poor Rafael Benítez. Why all the criticism? Does white liquid in a bottle always have to be milk? That move may be kiboshed by Inter sacking Benítez and replacing him with Fabio Capello according to calciomercato.

Everton are going to cash in on Steven Piennar before he walks away for nothing in July, flogging him to Spurs for £3m and buying an unnamed striker with the cash. David Moyes would rather be rid of Johnny Heitinga, Diniyar Bilyaletdinov and the man the Guardian style guide insists we call Yakubu Ayegbeni but can find no takers.

How much of this rumour mill can we believe??

Personally think no chance Torres moves to City... No chance Tevez moves to either Liverpool or Boca Juniors

Gary Cooke is a class "A" tawt" despite my mate ( who acts as 'bodyguard' for him and his entourage every week, telling me he is a real nice guy)

Typical City. Whenever it starts to look good, something always comes along and bites the ars!!

We will still finish above Spurs though!! Just in case either Lloyd or the other guy come on here, saying I have changed my tune!! :lol:

Curly Watts was a gormless Eastender who supported the <deleted>. :bah:

There's some factual info to add to this work of creative fiction. Especially the last paragrah.....Tevez for who???? He's off is your captain and talisman....poor Citeh! :ermm::D