Manchester City

mrbojangles

I doff my cap mate city's 10 man defence held out.

To all football fans, i can only apologise for our display last night. It was truly embarrassing to watch my team perform in that mannr. We didn't deserve to come away with anything but the only happiness i have from last night is we stole a point.

Mate i cannot understand mancini playing for a point this league is there for the taking and yes city if put a run together can win it,it looks like getting in the champions league is priority number one with a bit more ambition city could be serious challengers.

To all football fans, i can only apologise for our display last night. It was truly embarrassing to watch my team perform in that mannr. We didn't deserve to come away with anything but the only happiness i have from last night is we stole a point.

Do you reckon Inter Milan Fans thought like that when the Team returned home from the Bernebau with the CL Trophy last May BJ ?? :D

I can't imagine so myself..

Defending is part of the Game, if it's mastered as it was by Inter last Season then it can get huge results & great defending should be applauded, not apologised for, you're mad..

I remember Inter at Barca in teh Semi last Year, it was a defensive masterclass in which should be used as a 90 minute guideline in every Coaching Course in the World, it was a masterclass..

There is nothing wrong with good defending.

Great point that & if you finish 4th this Year by 1 Point i'll remind you fo this...;)

Nope, and it's riveting to watch.

Who wants to see goals being scored anyway?

We all do Rix, i'm sure we all do..

But there is nothing wrong with quality defending, at all..

I bet you don't/can't play Chess Rix aye ?? ;)

I bet you've played Drafts though..;)

Do you reckon Inter Milan Fans thought like that when the Team returned home from the Bernebau with the CL Trophy last May BJ ?? :D

I can't imagine so myself..

Defending is part of the Game, if it's mastered as it was by Inter last Season then it can get huge results & great defending should be applauded, not apologised for, you're mad..

I remember Inter at Barca in teh Semi last Year, it was a defensive masterclass in which should be used as a 90 minute guideline in every Coaching Course in the World, it was a masterclass..

Great point that & if you finish 4th this Year by 1 Point i'll remind you fo this...;)

And if they finish 2nd this year by one point we will all remind you of this ;)

Half right.

Board games always bored me sh1tless, and the only drafts i know come in pint glasses.

Point is though Singhy, there is a time and a place to park the bus. Was this one of them? For me, no, and that's credit to the way City have been playing. They had been defending very well, but also attacking with some flair. Yes Arsenal are a strong team, but was such a negative mindset necessary? I don't think so. They can be got at, and if you let them play their game, they only get stronger. Better to ruffle their feathers and break their rhythm.

Of course if City get into the top four by one point, the decision will be seen to have been vindicated.

I believe though that even if nobody in and around the club cares to admit it, ambitions have grown beyond simply qualifying for CL. Yes they'll be happy to have achieved that, but deep down perhaps they'll be thinking about what could have been - certainly so if they end up not winning the league by a point.

The potential is there to be title contenders, and i really thought in spite of the slight lack of striker options, that they would really be out to lay down a marker. At the very least, make it into the second half without conceding, and then turn the screw a bit and see what happens.

I was wrong about where i thought City were in terms of their progress, and that's a good thing.

Half right.

Board games always bored me sh1tless, and the only drafts i know come in pint glasses.

Rix you are forgetting the fact that singher has become a big City fan. I'm expecting him to start supporting Chelsea aswell anytime now. Can't think why :rolleyes: but the spurs go marching on........right singher. :D

Half right.

Rix you are forgetting the fact that singher has become a big City fan. I'm expecting him to start supporting Chelsea aswell anytime now. Can't think why :rolleyes: but the spurs go marching on........right singher. :D

If they do go marching on, i hope they all get run over on their way..

Point is though Singhy, there is a time and a place to park the bus. Was this one of them? For me, no, and that's credit to the way City have been playing. They had been defending very well, but also attacking with some flair. Yes Arsenal are a strong team, but was such a negative mindset necessary? I don't think so. They can be got at, and if you let them play their game, they only get stronger. Better to ruffle their feathers and break their rhythm.

Of course if City get into the top four by one point, the decision will be seen to have been vindicated.

I believe though that even if nobody in and around the club cares to admit it, ambitions have grown beyond simply qualifying for CL. Yes they'll be happy to have achieved that, but deep down perhaps they'll be thinking about what could have been - certainly so if they end up not winning the league by a point.

The potential is there to be title contenders, and i really thought in spite of the slight lack of striker options, that they would really be out to lay down a marker. At the very least, make it into the second half without conceding, and then turn the screw a bit and see what happens.

I was wrong about where i thought City were in terms of their progress, and that's a good thing.

I'm pretty sure Mancini will accept 4th place though Mate if you offer it to him now, i'm 99.9% sure of that & i'd make him right too because THAT is still progress on last Year then next year they set new targets taht will progress them again.

You say that about the negativity against Arse & they should have been attacking, how much do you think not having Silva & Balotelli available played a part in his thinking ??

Massive i'd say & again, when you have a Team missing 2 out of their 3 most important attackign Players, i can't say i blame him for not going all Guns blazing with would what have been 2 out of Players that he doesn't rate highly enough, against a Team who is a direct competitor for this Years goals & positioning..

Them & T*ttingham have the best 2 Squads in teh League, but neither will win the League & only one i guess will finish in teh Top 4 ( depending on what happens at Chels ) & i know who my money is on out of the 2 based on their Squads & the Managers involved at all 5 Clubs..

However if Chels don't sort their lives out, i'd say they'd both qualify for the CL, for sure.

I'm pretty sure Mancini will accept 4th place though Mate if you offer it to him now, i'm 99.9% sure of that & i'd make him right too because THAT is still progress on last Year then next year they set new targets taht will progress them again.

You say that about the negativity against Arse & they should have been attacking, how much do you think not having Silva & Balotelli available played a part in his thinking ??

Massive i'd say & again, when you have a Team missing 2 out of their 3 most important attackign Players, i can't say i blame him for not going all Guns blazing with would what have been 2 out of Players that he doesn't rate highly enough, against a Team who is a direct competitor for this Years goals & positioning..

Them & T*ttingham have the best 2 Squads in teh League, but neither will win the League & only one i guess will finish in teh Top 4 ( depending on what happens at Chels ) & i know who my money is on out of the 2 based on their Squads & the Managers involved at all 5 Clubs..

However if Chels don't sort their lives out, i'd say they'd both qualify for the CL, for sure.

So your saying man city would have played an attacking team if they had Balotelli and Silva, no chance,Balotelli would never have played anyway,he hasn't played with 4 in midfield against some of the poorer teams so he was never going too for this game,so they were missing one player, wow, i thought thats why they have a big squad !

As for all guns blazing, you are having a laugh aint ya.

So your saying man city would have played an attacking team if they had Balotelli and Silva, no chance,Balotelli would never have played anyway,he hasn't played with 4 in midfield against some of the poorer teams so he was never going too for this game,so they were missing one player, wow, i thought thats why they have a big squad !

1 ) No i'm not saying that at all & i never said it, i said it would have played a part in his thinking.

2 ) Guns blazing ?? I have a feeling that you're trying to ask a question there maybe but it's not clear at all ?? Again though i suggest you read again, i said i don't blame him for not going guns blazing cos he didn't have 2 of his main Men available, is that wrong of him when playing a Team Away form home who they are above & he chooses to go for a Point ??

3 ) Why do i have to repeat myself when it's written & clear for all to see ??

4 ) Honestly, what is so difficult to understand here ??

[Point is though Singhy, there is a time and a place to park the bus. Was this one of them? For me, no, and that's credit to the way City have been playing. They had been defending very well, but also attacking with some flair.

Man City play not very attractive defensive football but they have a couple of individuals who can score from nothing, ive never seen so many defensive midfielders in one squad theyre not good to watch imo, the play like most decent Italian teams but without the ease top Italian teams can control the pace of a game.

I think they might just win the league though if Manu start getting the results their performances deserve.

Edited by Englander

Accepted.

Honestly, very little. Silva has scored what, 2 goals in 30 appearances or something. Balotelli has done well recently, but hardly been at the club 5 minutes. And suddenly, without him, they have no attacking options?! And with all that shed load of money they have spent? Got to be kidding.

i can't say i blame him for not going all Guns blazing with would what have been 2 out of Players that he doesn't rate highly enough, against a Team who is a direct competitor for this Years goals & positioning..

I wasn't so much suggesting they go all guns blazing. Just take the game to Arsenal a bit more, and if they wanted to err on the cautious, why not keep it tight to the last 15, 20 mins, and then have a bit of a go? Do nothing for 90 minutes, and with Tevez, Jo and Adebayor all available (out of favour or not), just to me shows something of a lack of ambition and a lack of balls.

1 ) No i'm not saying that at all & i never said it, i said it would have played a part in his thinking.

2 ) Guns blazing ?? I have a feeling that you're trying to ask a question there maybe but it's not clear at all ?? Again though i suggest you read again, i said i don't blame him for not going guns blazing cos he didn't have 2 of his main Men available, is that wrong of him when playing a Team Away form home who they are above & he chooses to go for a Point ??

3 ) Why do i have to repeat myself when it's written & clear for all to see ??

4 ) Honestly, what is so difficult to understand here ??

He's lost me again :D

Accepted.

Honestly, very little. Silva has scored what, 2 goals in 30 appearances or something. Balotelli has done well recently, but hardly been at the club 5 minutes. And suddenly, without him, they have no attacking options?! And with all that shed load of money they have spent? Got to be kidding.

i can't say i blame him for not going all Guns blazing with would what have been 2 out of Players that he doesn't rate highly enough, against a Team who is a direct competitor for this Years goals & positioning..

I wasn't so much suggesting they go all guns blazing. Just take the game to Arsenal a bit more, and if they wanted to err on the cautious, why not keep it tight to the last 15, 20 mins, and then have a bit of a go? Do nothing for 90 minutes, and with Tevez, Jo and Adebayor all available (out of favour or not), just to me shows something of a lack of ambition and a lack of balls.

Ok, we'll disagree that having 2 out of your 3 best attacking options from your Team missing, doesn't/does influence the way you play against one of yoru rivals, away from home, no probs..

They didn't " do nothing for 90 mins " either, they defended very well against argubly the best attackign side in teh League & on another day the Tevez shot goes into the top Corner getting them all 3 Points..

& Alf, stop it, you're really starting to show how thick you are..:)

Edited by MSingh

Ok, we'll disagree that having 2 out of your 3 best attacking options from your Team missing, doesn't/does influence the way you play against one of yoru rivals, away from home, no probs..

They didn't " do nothing for 90 mins " either, they defended very well against argubly the best attackign side in teh League & on another day the Tevez shot goes into the top Corner getting them all 3 Points..

With your arguments it seems more like your the thick one :o for a start they have 4 attacking options not 3 so thats one little bit where you are wrong and left one of them on the bench so it was pretty obvious how they was always going to play, but you know best Singher and everyone else knows nothing.:(:D

Edited by alfieconn

With your arguments it seems more like your the thick one :o for a start they have 4 attacking options not 3 so thats one little bit where you are wrong and left one of them on the bench so it was pretty obvious how they was always going to play, but you know best Singher and everyone else knows nothing.:(:D

being a passionate City fan and BJ's new best mate he's a little biased Alf, thats all. You know, the mumbo jumbo, rambling on, jaba jaba, in denial of us being top four rambling on sort of stuff :whistling::D

Well they had Tevez didn't they, and if anyone could be argued as being pivotal to their attack, it's him. Take him away, and i would agree that a shift in strategy might be needed. But with him fit and playing, and with Adebayor and Jo (is Santa not fit as well) all available to partner him up front (yes i know they are out of favour, but hasn't suddenly made them crap players has it? - well maybe Jo is a little bit crap, but Adebayor playing against his old club i reckon could have been interesting) i do think that they had the options there, to be more attacking; to not simply park the bus. I think you'll find Man City supporters also expected more going forward.

When i said they did nothing, i meant in terms of attack. I thought that was obvious. Nobody is denying that they defended very well - they have most of the season. In contrast, the team they were playing haven't, and i think they could have at least tried to exploit that. They didn't. OK. If they are happy with that, good for them.

Well they had Tevez didn't they, and if anyone could be argued as being pivotal to their attack, it's him. Take him away, and i would agree that a shift in strategy might be needed. But with him fit and playing, and with Adebayor and Jo (is Santa not fit as well) all available to partner him up front (yes i know they are out of favour, but hasn't suddenly made them crap players has it? - well maybe Jo is a little bit crap, but Adebayor playing against his old club i reckon could have been interesting) i do think that they had the options there, to be more attacking; to not simply park the bus. I think you'll find Man City supporters also expected more going forward.

When i said they did nothing, i meant in terms of attack. I thought that was obvious. Nobody is denying that they defended very well - they have most of the season. In contrast, the team they were playing haven't, and i think they could have at least tried to exploit that. They didn't. OK. If they are happy with that, good for them.

Rix, i said we'll agree to disagree Mate, all cool..

I've never said they didn't have options, i'm saying that those options not being first choice would have & did affect Mancini's way of thinking on the Game..

Whatever i say you own't have & whatever you say i won't have..:)

It was still a great Point at Arsenal..

Rix, i said we'll agree to disagree Mate, all cool..

I've never said they didn't have options, i'm saying that those options not being first choice would have & did affect Mancini's way of thinking on the Game..

Whatever i say you own't have & whatever you say i won't have..:)

It was still a great Point at Arsenal..

Bearing in mind the way they played, i agree, a great point.

Bearing in mind the way we have seen they can play this season, i think, an ok point.

That's almost agreement isn't it, and probably as close as we will get on this one. biggrin.gif

I think I love this guy already :D

From skysports:-

Dzeko ready for City test

New Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko is intent on matching the club's 'big ambition' after being unveiled on Tuesday afternoon.

The Bosnian, who arrived at Eastlands for £27million from Bundesliga club Wolfsburg at the weekend, admits it was difficult leaving Germany.

But the 24-year-old could not turn down the prospect of chasing the Premier League title with Roberto Mancini's side.

"I'm very pleased. I'm here at a big club like Manchester City with big ambition," said Dzeko.

"I saw something else in Man City. It's a big club and I'm an ambitious player and I think we can have a lot of success together.

"It's a project. I need to say it's a very good team with a very good coach. It was three-and-a-half beautiful years with Wolfsburg and we had a lot of success, winning the league for the first time in our history.

"I was very happy there but I wanted to change, try something new and better and that's why I'm here."

Dzeko wasted no time in warming himself to the City supporters by referring to the club's rivalry with neighbours Manchester United.

"I hear a lot about the fans and that most of the people from Manchester are Manchester City fans," he said. :lol:

"I don't know too much about the rivalry but I hear the derby is something special."

Edited by mrbojangles

New Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko is intent on matching the club's 'big ambition' after being unveiled on Tuesday afternoon.

The Bosnian, who arrived at Eastlands for £27million from Bundesliga club Wolfsburg at the weekend, admits it was difficult leaving Germany.

But the 24-year-old could not turn down the prospect of chasing the Premier League title with Roberto Mancini's side.

"I'm very pleased. I'm here at a big club like Manchester City with big ambition," said Dzeko.

"I saw something else in Man City. It's a big club and I'm an ambitious player and I think we can have a lot of success together.

"It's a project. I need to say it's a very good team with a very good coach. It was three-and-a-half beautiful years with Wolfsburg and we had a lot of success, winning the league for the first time in our history.

"I was very happy there but I wanted to change, try something new and better and that's why I'm here."

Dzeko wasted no time in warming himself to the City supporters by referring to the club's rivalry with neighbours Manchester United.

"I hear a lot about the fans and that most of the people from Manchester are Manchester City fans," he said. :lol:

"I don't know too much about the rivalry but I hear the derby is something special."

i thought that was amusing. i think the lad has already won over the City fans. :)

i thought that was amusing. i think the lad has already won over the City fans. :)

We're easily pleased. He hasn't even kicked a ball yet :lol:

I have an aweful feeling he's going to do very well for you. :whistling:

I have an aweful feeling he's going to do very well for you. :whistling:

Just some quick facts about his career which are pretty impressive to be honest.

His club career has taken him from Bosnia to the Czech Republic and Germany, scoring 123 goals in 236 games along the way.

With Wolfsburg he scored 26 goals, plus 10 assists, in 32 matches as they won their first Bundesliga title in 2008-09. He was Germany's top scorer last term with 22 and has hit 17 goals in 31 international for Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Funny they cannot introduce a new player without having a dig at us,i think gary cook mentions this as a selling point with moving to city,what do we know we are just a small team from stretford :D

A footballer with a flicker of intelligence as well it seems....that alone makes him a better buy than Adebayor.....where's he being shipped out to then?

Only rumours at the moment about Adebayor but he's been linked with Liverpool, Tottenham, West Ham and Real Madrid. The problem we'll have is getting someone to match his wages and we'd take a big hit on his fee.