Manchester City

mrbojangles

dzeko is a good player. he's also dedicated and professional, things balotelli obviously isn't. i think dzeko will turn out fine for city.

Go as far as saying one of City's best recent signings.

yeah, though at the moment i'd have silva, yaya toure and kompany ahead of him. but i think he'll be a big player for them next season.

Edited by StevieH

dzeko is a good player. he's also dedicated and professional, things balotelli obviously isn't. i think dzeko will turn out fine for city.

yeah, though at the moment i'd have silva, yaya toure and kompany ahead of him. but i think he'll be a big player for them next season.

Agreed. Once he fully settles and once he is getting regular starts - or should that be "if"? - he'll be potent, i'm quite sure.

Still, if we are talking about great striker signings made by other clubs last season, none for me come close to Suarez.

Agreed. Once he fully settles and once he is getting regular starts - or should that be "if"? - he'll be potent, i'm quite sure.

Still, if we are talking about great striker signings made by other clubs last season, none for me come close to Suarez.

it'll be interesting to see how mancini uses him - he's got to be the focal point of the attack really, and with tevez, aguero and say silva in a 3 off him city could be frightening.

and at the risk of getting off-topic, i'm still not sure how we managed to snag suarez. he's pretty obviously the next big 'galactico' in waiting and i'm actually a bit surprised we've not had madrid chasing after him this summer even.

and at the risk of getting off-topic, i'm still not sure how we managed to snag suarez. he's pretty obviously the next big 'galactico' in waiting and i'm actually a bit surprised we've not had madrid chasing after him this summer even.

With the ink barely dry on his Liverpool deal, i think this summer you are safe. Next summer could be very different though...

Anyway, enough said on the (off topic) matter.

you seem to have finally shifted jo off the books as well. did you get any money back for him against the bloody 19m you spent on him?

I think we got 2 Sambuca's and a bowl of Feijoada. Happy to just get him off the wage bill to be honest.

you seem to have finally shifted jo off the books as well. did you get any money back for him against the bloody 19m you spent on him?

I think we got 2 Sambuca's and a bowl of Feijoada. Happy to just get him off the wage bill to be honest.

Don't think the wage bill matters to the owners. Was just about to say that they are just tax deductions but then I remembered that there's little or no tax anyway where the owners come from. :rolleyes:

Don't think the wage bill matters to the owners. Was just about to say that they are just tax deductions but then I remembered that there's little or no tax anyway where the owners come from. :rolleyes:

No Tax where I'm living either :D

I am no economist, but since his wages were paid for him sitting on the bench for a manchester based club, one might think those wages would be applicable to uk tax rules.

I think his point was that they could not claim back the taxes for whoever (as a loss) because they were not paying tax in the first place. Personal tax you cannot claim back anyways not that City are bothered. I think this new 50% marginal tax rate is putting off a few players. (The UK is pretty strict about placing income into offshore companies now.) If you think about it for someone like Sneijder it makes a big difference at the 250k a week level.

I think it has been a stumbling block for quite a few deals.

I mean if 250k is effectively 140k a week would you actually move to Manchester? Dont bother with the yes please answers.

Edited by Abrak

I am no economist, but since his wages were paid for him sitting on the bench for a manchester based club, one might think those wages would be applicable to uk tax rules.

I think his point was that they could not claim back the taxes for whoever (as a loss) because they were not paying tax in the first place. Personal tax you cannot claim back anyways not that City are bothered. I think this new 50% marginal tax rate is putting off a few players. (The UK is pretty strict about placing income into offshore companies now.) If you think about it for someone like Sneijder it makes a big difference at the 250k a week level.

I mean if 250k is effectively 140k a week would you actually move to Manchester? Dont bother with the yes please answers.

I am just surprised that some sort of off-shore payment scheme hasn't already been sorted out by Abu Dhabi. 50k a week on the books in the UK, 200k to an account at Bank of Sheik.

I would imagine FFP has this covered off and the books have to be fully transparent.

I am just surprised that some sort of off-shore payment scheme hasn't already been sorted out by Abu Dhabi. 50k a week on the books in the UK, 200k to an account at Bank of Sheik.

I would imagine FFP has this covered off and the books have to be fully transparent.

lol like your stadium sponsorship deal

All I do know is that if LFC had signed him we would have definitely won the league. Unfortunately he didnt sign for us because someone mis-spelt his name on the contract (so I hear). He was really buzzing about the duet with Suarez with Carroll in reserve. 'fuc_k me more games' is what he said about CL so I can only imagine that Balotelli has to travel.

I am soooooo looking forward to the season starting :D

From skysports:-

Aguero deal done - 5 year deal for Argentine ace

Manchester City and Atletico Madrid have both confirmed that Sergio Aguero's move to England is now complete.

The 23-year-old put pen-to-paper on Wednesday, but the two clubs have been thrashing out the final details.

Now both sides have confirmed the deal is complete, with City stating the striker has penned a five-year deal and he will wear the number 16 shirt.

City also confirmed that he is set to take part in this weekend's Dublin Super Cup.

In a brief statement Atletico announced the deal and thanked Aguero for his service.

"The club thanks him for his services in the past five seasons and wishes him luck with his new club," said the Atletico statement.

Manchester City and Atletico Madrid have both confirmed that Sergio Aguero's move to England is now complete.

The 23-year-old put pen-to-paper on Wednesday, but the two clubs have been thrashing out the final details.

Now both sides have confirmed the deal is complete, with City stating the striker has penned a five-year deal and he will wear the number 16 shirt.

City also confirmed that he is set to take part in this weekend's Dublin Super Cup.

In a brief statement Atletico announced the deal and thanked Aguero for his service.

"The club thanks him for his services in the past five seasons and wishes him luck with his new club," said the Atletico statement.

I'm sure you are. I reckon City are very genuine title challengers. Aguero is a class act, Dsecko i think will come good, defensely very solid. Mancini also seems to have grown a pair and if he can weed out the divisive influences my monies on you lot.

I'm sure you are. I reckon City are very genuine title challengers. Aguero is a class act, Dsecko i think will come good, defensely very solid. Mancini also seems to have grown a pair and if he can weed out the divisive influences my monies on you lot.

How much money you have? 5 baht? :lol:

How much money you have? 5 baht? :lol:

For once we agree. biggrin.gif

So in this forum of summer smugness....and Rooney's crack'd mirror an all....just how many players do ya think you can register then?

Hah...if it don't upset the first team the kids will get it....can't see a true City fan liking that too much.....

Edit: Yid forgot how to spell never mind post...zzzzzzz

Edited by smokie36

Expect storms followed by a few showers then intermittent rainfall after this there will be a period of calm before the year end :whistling: then repeat!

How many Changs have you had :blink:

Sober mate

What made Mancini buy this head case. He was damaged goods well before he arrived at City. Surely Mancini didn't think "he'll be OK if he just plays good football".

http://www.dailymail...ester-City.html

Mario at no stage said he wanted to leave City . However the red rag mail never lets the truth get in the way of a TALE. It was only 3-4 wks ago the same rag was slagging him ,wanting him hung drawn & quartered because he parked on double yellows while he nipp[ed in a shop . They last wk they thought he was the devil himself when he done the back heal which Mancini over reacted too.

As to him not liking the City centre which is what he really said . Well I can tell you that many Mancunians never go into the City centre because they just don't like it or can't afford City centre prices . Ok the price factor has nothing to do with Mario however I can see how a young lad 20yrs can get homesick .

20 years old & he is being vindictively hounded by the same rags that are vbeing investigated for the horrendous things they have done. Yet still mugs believe what they say . I wonder if the OP is one of them given this post ? Maybe not , maybe he is just bore.

Mario has never hidden the fact that he misses his family & friends in Italy but he also made clear in the interview that he gets on great with his team mates & has no problems with the manager or the club & just wants to win trophies with them.

So the daily fail gets an f from you when it writes about him hating life in manchester but an A from you when it says he said he enjoys the team etc?

The mail is a rag . Just as bad as NOW . It gets 2 fingers from me on everything . Vindictive <deleted> rag .