Manchester City

mrbojangles

How can you be charged with refusing to warm up??laugh.gif

And then cleared of refusing to play! laugh.gif City really are making hard work of it aren't they.

I am not sure they are making hard work of it:

In any Human Resource/Employment Law issue it can be a mine field and you have to follow the guidelines if not the law, it is quite clear now when the dust has settled Mancini at the time was a little emotional and claimed in his hyper active state, remember his team are two-nil down that Tevez refused to play.

He didn't, he refused ( allegedly )to warm up, even this is a confused issue, all testimony point to him not refusing to play, which can only allow a much watered down charge of refusing to warm up.

I can't see Mancini winning this through the channels, so an off load cheaply or serious loss of face and I can't see that happening.

I can see a bargain out there, Tevez picking up further obscene wages and an other club picking up a problem, and further down the line, the break even figure of Problem/Payback will be decided.

£20m in January mrboj...come on he's just a cheeky chappie innit? biggrin.gif

Texted to me 5 minutes after the final whistle................. Whats the difference between a taxi driver and Man Uniteds goalkeeper?

A taxi driver will only let 5 in. :lol: :lol:

i quite like the samritan's manchester branch phone number posted for all depressed united fans. please call 0161 616 1616

Texted to me 5 minutes after the final whistle................. Whats the difference between a taxi driver and Man Uniteds goalkeeper?

A taxi driver will only let 5 in. :lol: :lol:

i quite like the samritan's manchester branch phone number posted for all depressed united fans. please call 0161 616 1616

:lol:

I've been trying to get hold of a few of my mates but they are all engaged on the phone. Now I know who they're calling. :D

Balotelli is not so dense after all. I was waiting for him to lift his shirt up again after he scored the second.

His first goal was sumptuous, pure Thierry Henri

first t-shirt: 'why always me?'

booking

second t-shirt: 'because i never learn'

off you go son.

the fireworks thing was simply hilarious. he's a breath of fresh air in the generally dull premier league these days.

Balotelli is not so dense after all. I was waiting for him to lift his shirt up again after he scored the second.

I was hoping for that too, but at the back, which read "See, told you so"

Getting a yellow card for that was just ridiculous in my opinion.

I'm not a spoilsport by nature but I do support the 'no shirts off' rule and this was close enough to the same thing. Television commentators seem to think the rule spoils the fun in football and that football is supposed to be entertainment.

Football is not entertainment, it's much more important than that (to misquote Shankly).

My real reason is I think it promotes the celebrity culture in football which is a cancer in the game. I really hate it when some of these over-paid monkeys run around dodging their team mates so that they can get maximum undiluted self-promotion time in front of camera.

Should I stick to rugby and leave football to carry on down descending ultimately to WWE Raw levels?:rolleyes:

Edited by SantiSuk

I'm not a spoilsport by nature but I do support the 'no shirts off' rule and this was close enough to the same thing. Television commentators seem to think the rule spoils the fun in football and that football is supposed to be entertainment.

Football is not entertainment, it's much more important than that (to misquote Shankly).

My real reason is I think it promotes the celebrity culture in football which is a cancer in the game. I really hate it when some of these over-paid monkeys run around dodging their team mates so that they can get maximum undiluted self-promotion time in front of camera.

Should I stick to rugby and leave football to carry on down descending ultimately to WWE Raw levels?:rolleyes:

it's the stupidest rule in football. and nobody actually knows why it exists.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/adrian-chiles-memo-to-the-fa-what-so-terrible-about-taking-your-shirt-off-675757.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/adrian-chiles-memo-to-the-fa-what-so-terrible-about-taking-your-shirt-off-675757.html

I agree. Bladdy ridiculous. And pulling it over your head and having a t-shirt underneath is not the same as pulling it all off and waving it around, as well as showing a naked torso :o

I agree. Bladdy ridiculous. And pulling it over your head and having a t-shirt underneath is not the same as pulling it all off and waving it around, as well as showing a naked torso :o

One reason I heard, that made some sort of sense, is it is down to the sponsors. When a player scores they invariably run to the touch-line, and there is usually a camera there, the main sponsor of the club wants their name/logo to be emblazoned across the TV screen and not the players torso.

One reason I heard, that made some sort of sense, is it is down to the sponsors. When a player scores they invariably run to the touch-line, and there is usually a camera there, the main sponsor of the club wants their name/logo to be emblazoned across the TV screen and not the players torso.

yes, given the cynical nature of modern football there could well be some truth in that. still pisses me off though.

yes, given the cynical nature of modern football there could well be some truth in that. still pisses me off though.

He has a better sense of humor than most refs......<sp>.....lalala......

He is funny and makes me chuckle. But just to get the story right. From the Daily Mail:-

"The 21-year-old has been a controversial figure ever since he stepped foot in Manchester but the out spoken Italian isn't bothered by what people think of him.

He said: 'I don’t care what people say about me. People are interested in my private life, but the thing at the weekend [letting fireworks off in his bathroom] didn’t come from me, it came from one of my friends and one of my brother’s friends.

'Maybe I should be more careful about who I let in my house but it wasn’t about me, I didn’t do anything."

if the daily mail wrote that it was raining outside i would still stick my head out of the window to see if i got wet, bojangles. filthy, horrible rag. anyway.

the conclusion to that story was ace. fire brigade arrived and evacuated his house, balotelli ran back inside and grabbed a suitcase and a bag full of cash that he had lying around. he's fantastic.

from twitter last night: @bluevibe: Balotelli currently driving around Mcr City Centre in a convertible Bentley (music blaring, top down), high-5ing City fans.

I remember this from the gobmeister himself, Mr Roy Keane the day before the derby. Well Roy, you can eat my (insert 4 letter word expletive)cos you know jackall and will never be a successful manager IMO. I just love it when gobby gits get it totally wrong.

Keane: "Man City Have A Long Way To Go"

Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane thinks his old club will put City "in their place" when they meet in the Premier League on Sunday.

City go to Old Trafford top of the table - two points ahead of United. Its also the first time they have been above United going into a Manchester derby since the Premier League began.

Keane said the whole week leading up to these big games is special:

"If you have anything about you as a player, the manager wouldn't even have to inspire you. You would just know when you're living in the area, the build up in the media.... this is certainly a game you can't lose.

"You pick up the feeling on school runs, when you're out and about, going to buy a paper, walking your dog... its in the air. Its on your own training ground, its amongst your staff and if you have anything about you as a player you embrace that and you look forward to that, and if you can enjoy it.

"I think United will enjoy the challenge coming from City. They've done it over the years when Mourinho came in at Chelsea, going back to when Blackburn spent some money, Newcastle were strong for a year or two - the big clubs like United they'll enjoy all of that and I think they'll enjoy Sunday. I think they'll enjoy hopefully trying to put City in their place because City still have a long way to go - let's not kid ourselves." :lol:

You silenced OT and it seems you've silenced the Man Yoo thread aswell. Only really jimbo coming on now with the odd comment...rather like hit and run tactics. :D

Have you heard MrB our fixture has been moved to sunday jan 22nd. I'm up for it already mate. :header:

Fireworks on the toilet, t-shirts, crashed cars. Talented lad for sure but an absolute train-wreck in waiting.

not necessarily. doesn't seem to have any actual 'bad habits', just seems to be enjoying himself.

the story about him taking the truant kid from city's training ground back to school and confronting the kids' headteacher and bullies is still my favourite. just seems a great, great lad.