Manchester City

mrbojangles

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I have just noticed it is the City thread,,,says it all really! now then where is that Spurs thread....would you adam and eve it!!!! laugh.gif

biggrin.gif Where have you been?

Holiday! wink.gif

Knowing you I have to ask what sort of a holiday? ie...are you out on probation? biggrin.gif

no comment smile.gif

Under pressure...mancini resorts to old form. 2nd half with 30 mins left he decides to play for a draw-auguero off, kolo toure on? Then dejong for somebody else. Goes a goal down then doesn't know whether to take barry off so chooses lescott (injured?).

Meanwhile nasri and co warm the bench.

Notice how much better chelsea have been since they left torres on the bench and played drogba.

At least 75/25 of the ball 2nd half for chelsea.

no biggie this, chelsea away will be one of the matches that mancini looked at in the summer and decided city could afford to lose. same would probably apply to both old trafford and white hart lane and they won comfortably at both of them. they'll still get high 80s points from rolling the non-top six sides.

no biggie this, chelsea away will be one of the matches that mancini looked at in the summer and decided city could afford to lose.

Spot on stevie. We also had a stonewall penalty decision turned down which would have put us 2-0 up, that would have made it different. In parts we ripped them apart but took our foot off the peddle. They only won when we were down to ten men and they got a lucky penalty. Yes it was handball but not intentional, sometimes they get given and sometimes not. They got the luck of the ref whilst we didn't.

The good thing is that we have now played United, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea away. Those are the most difficult ones out of the way and we are still 2 points clear.

Guess the rose coloured speeches of prince kenny are rubbing off "we should have won every match except one in the league cup".

Recently what is it, loss to napoli, draw with pool, loss to chelsea and a win against bayern's b team with nothing to play for?

Yep, still 2 points up, but just 2 points up.

Pretty quiet from smokes and carmine today, not the result they were looking for in their quest for 4th. ;)

Guess the rose coloured speeches of prince kenny are rubbing off "we should have won every match except one in the league cup".

Recently what is it, loss to napoli, draw with pool, loss to chelsea and a win against bayern's b team with nothing to play for?

Talk about rose coloured. You seem to have forgot about your mauling by us and then a run of lack lustre 1-0 wins. Not forgetting a loss to Basle :lol: Don't come on here spouting such drivel, when you should look at your own team first.

And a whole heap of goal difference. That's worth a point.

Under pressure...mancini resorts to old form. 2nd half with 30 mins left he decides to play for a draw-auguero off, kolo toure on? Then dejong for somebody else. Goes a goal down then doesn't know whether to take barry off so chooses lescott (injured?).

Meanwhile nasri and co warm the bench.

:blink: You forgot to mention, we were down to 10 men!!! Of course you go for the draw, and play one up front!!. Replacing Silva with De Jong, whilst still at 1-1, is a good decision. Then when we fall a goal behind, take off a defender and bring on an attacker, whats wrong with that?? Dont know what game you were watching, but Mancini was not dithering or undecided or changing his mind... He was giving Barry instructions. The 4th official was having problems with the subs board all evening.

Pretty quiet from smokes and carmine today, not the result they were looking for in their quest for 4th. ;)

So in reality what you are saying is we were beaten in Napoli by a good Napoli team, unbeaten at home in Europe for almost 20 years.

We drew away at Anfield, easily beat Bayern, and lost with 10 men away at Chelsea, when we could easily have been 2-0 up.

AND we are still 2 points clear with a much easier schedule than United in the New Year.

I think any City fan would have settled for that at the beginning of the year

no biggie this, chelsea away will be one of the matches that mancini looked at in the summer and decided city could afford to lose.

Spot on stevie. We also had a stonewall penalty decision turned down which would have put us 2-0 up, that would have made it different. In parts we ripped them apart but took our foot off the peddle. They only won when we were down to ten men and they got a lucky penalty. Yes it was handball but not intentional, sometimes they get given and sometimes not. They got the luck of the ref whilst we didn't.

The good thing is that we have now played United, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea away. Those are the most difficult ones out of the way and we are still 2 points clear.

Handball is one of those rather odd footballing rules that is largely at the referees discretion. Clearly if you deliberately hand ball and deny a goal scoring opportunity it is a red card and a penalty as in the case of Suarez/Ghana.

What I find slightly odd about the penalty is that if it was a 'deliberate handball' enough to warrant a penalty why wasnt the player given a yellow card? Anyhow it did look like a 'deliberate handball' to me, to the extent that he was waving his hands in the air and they were certainly in an 'unnatural position'.

I posted first thing in the morning. We lost to Chris Foy not Stoke. What does sadden me is that not only has he escaped any punishment, but he is reffing a premier league fixture on saturday and tuesday. He was absolutely disgraceful during our match and if i was a Liverpool fan i'd be whining about the refs having an agenda against us. :o But no, i'm a Spurs fan jimbo and i'll take it on the chin, we'll dust ourselves down and get on with it. Our quest for second is still on.

Time for something more topical so i'm off to the Man Utd in decline thread. ;)

no biggie this, chelsea away will be one of the matches that mancini looked at in the summer and decided city could afford to lose. same would probably apply to both old trafford and white hart lane and they won comfortably at both of them. they'll still get high 80s points from rolling the non-top six sides.

Didn't you say 90 points last week? ;)

Stevie experience is a great attribute,United always get the 80 points or so needed.

Seems like Super Mario has been at it again this time with his own team-mate Micah! Go on lad keep it up you really are a genius.:lol:

My monies on Micah with a right hook biggrin.gif

Tale Of The Tape -

article-2074816-0F314A2C00000578-810_634x338.jpg

Edited by Devil

Agree jack. Not sure if I actually want us to go further in this comp. I think I'd sooner us give the young ones a go and put all of our efforts into the prem.

I am of the opinion we should go for it. We have a great squad. I think we try our best in every competition, and get as many trophies as we can, rather than just concentrate on 1, and maybe fall short. ( although I genuinely think we will win the league)

The blues brothers......lets be really honest here,you really will not have a better chance to win the league after the start you have had this season.

You have been very lucky so far with injuries and the squad you have assembled is better than everybody else's by a good way.

If you buy in January you will win it easy because of the depth of your injury free squad.

I agree with Jack and Danny you should go for it in all competitions and keep the momentum going.

The only thing i will say is regards to your competition this season it is not as good as the past years,Chelsea are consistently average with a bad defence,Arsenal had a very bad start also with injuries and rely to heavily on RVP also there defence is on a lerning curve together but i think they will be better next year.Spurs just can't cut it when it matters and will be struggling to qualify for Europe come the end of the season.Liverpool well they are struggling with injuries too and will win nothing when Suarez is not playing and Gerrard remains injured.

That just leaves United and lets be honest again our injury plagued season is really now taking its toll and the loss of Vidic is a killer for us,also the Fletcher situation is not good and Hernandez now being out too.We will keep at it but i see the only thing now to stop you winning it is yourself...ie the managers tactic, the players egos and a sudden load of injury problems.

I am still hopeful though as You know,we will keep going until the death.

Spurs just can't cut it when it matters and will be struggling to qualify for Europe come the end of the season.

31st Aug 2011

My opinion is that you will now be lucky to finish in the top 10,which after your lofty experience of last year(Champions League an all)is not progressive is it? wink.gif

At least it's getting better :D

Spurs just can't cut it when it matters and will be struggling to qualify for Europe come the end of the season.

31st Aug 2011

My opinion is that you will now be lucky to finish in the top 10,which after your lofty experience of last year(Champions League an all)is not progressive is it? wink.gif

At least it's getting better :D

Not much difference at all from what i said 4 months ago! "struggling to qualify for Europe"....."lucky to finish in the top ten" ;)

I agree with Jack and Danny you should go for it in all competitions and keep the momentum going.

So are you saying you want us to knock you out of the FA Cup :D

You just want us to go for everything so we are knackered and/or injured.

Don't be silly,i want you second today :bah: