Manchester City

mrbojangles

Spurs just can't cut it when it matters and will be struggling to qualify for Europe come the end of the season.

31st Aug 2011

My opinion is that you will now be lucky to finish in the top 10,which after your lofty experience of last year(Champions League an all)is not progressive is it? wink.gif

At least it's getting better :D

Not much difference at all from what i said 4 months ago! "struggling to qualify for Europe"....."lucky to finish in the top ten" ;)

Yeah your right, 5 places is not much different :( i am just looking forward to your next prediction :D

Agree jack. Not sure if I actually want us to go further in this comp. I think I'd sooner us give the young ones a go and put all of our efforts into the prem.

I am of the opinion we should go for it. We have a great squad. I think we try our best in every competition, and get as many trophies as we can, rather than just concentrate on 1, and maybe fall short. ( although I genuinely think we will win the league)

Why don't you just buy all the trophies and be done with it

Agree jack. Not sure if I actually want us to go further in this comp. I think I'd sooner us give the young ones a go and put all of our efforts into the prem.

I am of the opinion we should go for it. We have a great squad. I think we try our best in every competition, and get as many trophies as we can, rather than just concentrate on 1, and maybe fall short. ( although I genuinely think we will win the league)

Why don't you just buy all the trophies and be done with it

Rumour has it Man City have special dispensation to enter the 2022 World Cup.

I wish that <deleted> Galliano from AC Milan would stop going on about their 'offer' for Tevez on a daily basis. When is he going to workout that if you 'offer to take a player on a free loan' you are in fact offering precisely 'nothing'. And offering nothing is not an offer.

I wish that <deleted> Galliano from AC Milan would stop going on about their 'offer' for Tevez on a daily basis. When is he going to workout that if you 'offer to take a player on a free loan' you are in fact offering precisely 'nothing'. And offering nothing is not an offer.

He's offering a platform for Tevez to show off his skills and find a buyer....all for free!

In fact on behalf of Tottenham I'd like to make the same offer. Only if Citeh are paying half his wages.....anything to help our feeder club. biggrin.gif

For once I agree with you.

It seems to me that other clubs owners want to try and take advantage of our owners wealth by either making derisory offers or taking them on loan!!!

If you want Tevez, make a fair offer!! He is never going to be cheaper!!

Milan want the best of both worlds........ taking him on loan initially with an agreement in place to buy him later... its win/ win for them!!

It seems to me that other clubs owners want to try and take advantage of our owners wealth by either making derisory offers or taking them on loan!!!

Milan want the best of both worlds........ taking him on loan initially with an agreement in place to buy him later... its win/ win for them!!

Totally agree. I'd sooner let him go cheap to someone else than let him go on loan. Time to close the Tevez chapter at City for good.

Totally agree. I'd sooner let him go cheap to someone else than let him go on loan. Time to close the Tevez chapter at City for good.

Yeah like it matters. rolleyes.gif

Oh no silly me FFP....laugh.gifbah.gif

You have to learn to take the rough with the smooth. If you want to buy championships, pay ludicrous wages that no one else can afford, hold onto quality players from being sold to the opposiion, simply because you can, then please don't start whining about teams with a fraction of your financial resources trying to make the most of situations like Tevez (and Adebayor for that matter)

Poeple taking advantage of all your money!! No sympathy whatsoever.

No sympathy whatsoever.

I don't think we are asking for any carms. As for whining, I think the players (including Adebayor) are the ones doing the whining, not City. Why shouldn't we want some money back for the outlay. The players should agree to take a pay cut if they want out so bad.

1324353907[/url]' post='4924049']

You have to learn to take the rough with the smooth. If you want to buy championships, pay ludicrous wages that no one else can afford, hold onto quality players from being sold to the opposiion, simply because you can, then please don't start whining about teams with a fraction of your financial resources trying to make the most of situations like Tevez (and Adebayor for that matter)

Poeple taking advantage of all your money!! No sympathy whatsoever.

Fair point that...

No sympathy whatsoever.

I don't think we are asking for any carms. As for whining, I think the players (including Adebayor) are the ones doing the whining, not City. Why shouldn't we want some money back for the outlay. The players should agree to take a pay cut if they want out so bad.

You have every right to want some payback. Its just that by paying such inflated sums of money to force a transfer you've created a monster. At the end of the day a player is worth what someone will pay for him but, and its a big but. Man City does not live on the same planet and the rest of the premier league, bar Chelsea and the rest of usjust don't agree your owners valuations of a player. And thats aside of the fact that we can't afford it.

Some might highlight the 35m Liverpool paid for Carroll but to me that was just a one off as they'd just won the Torres jackpot and for that instant could take a punt and pay over the top. Mindyou, what they've undoubtedly lost on Carroll they've gained on Suarez.

Now stop whining and enjoy your christmas MrB! :D

You have every right to want some payback. Its just that by paying such inflated sums of money to force a transfer you've created a monster. At the end of the day a player is worth what someone will pay for him but, and its a big but. Man City does not live on the same planet and the rest of the premier league, bar Chelsea and the rest of usjust don't agree your owners valuations of a player. And thats aside of the fact that we can't afford it.

Some might highlight the 35m Liverpool paid for Carroll but to me that was just a one off as they'd just won the Torres jackpot and for that instant could take a punt and pay over the top. Mindyou, what they've undoubtedly lost on Carroll they've gained on Suarez.

I do agree that Chelsea and City 'create' these monsters when they sign them. It is not so much how much they actually pay 'for' the player but how much they 'pay to' the player. If you pay 24m for Adebayor well fair enough but if you put him on a 5 year contract of 180k a week you have immediately rendered his resale value as worthless because no other club is going to pay him 180k a week.

Players like Lampard at Chelsea are intensely loyal to the club because he has 18 months to run, at the age of 33, on an 160k a week contract.

I dont think the Tevez case is actually really trying to take advantage of City's wealth - it is more wishing to take advantage of City by being onside with Tevez in his on going battle with the club. They figure that City cant get rid of him to a club unless Tevez agrees to go there. And as Tevez has agreed to go to Milan, the club has to agree. The reality is the opposite - Tevez cant go to another club unless City agree. And assuming a stalemate, City will just get on with being a football club and Tevez will be left sitting on his ass.

No sympathy whatsoever.

That's two Citeh stars now who will never play for the club again on silly money. How many clubs could afford to pay their wages I wonder? PSG...Chelski...the two in Spain perhaps the Milan clubs. Bayern I suppose.

That's not a lot of leeway there. I'd say it all depends on the club here....the players will start calling in the lawyers if they are being "discriminated against unfairly".

I love this game at times...and then there are the dark moments....oh no hang on its only Arab oil money...carry on with the sheikhdown!

Yeah I read it yesterday smokes. They want 15% allocation to come and visit our wonderful stadium but don't want to give the same to us if it's a replay. Whinging RAGS :D

Blah blah blah! laugh.gif it is after all the United stadium bah.gif

Yeah I read it yesterday smokes. They want 15% allocation to come and visit our wonderful stadium but don't want to give the same to us if it's a replay. Whinging RAGS :D

You might have read it already but look at the jack in the boxes that have jumped out now! biggrin.gif

Merry Christmas! jap.gif

Edited by smokie36

From the BBC:-

Manchester City's Etihad Academy plan approved by council

Manchester City plans for a footballing academy and training complex in the east of the city have been backed by the council's planning committee.

The proposed youth development and first team academy in Openshaw will be built on an 80-acre brownfield site next to the Etihad Stadium.

It will include 17 pitches and a 7,000 capacity stadium for youth matches.

Manchester City Council leader Sir Richard Leese said it was excellent news for the local community. A club statement said: "We're delighted with today's announcement and remain committed to support the completion of the process which obviously includes the upcoming review period."

Job opportunities

Sir Richard said: "The Etihad Stadium and Campus are at the heart of the regeneration of the wider East Manchester area and the fact that these plans have been approved is excellent news for the community."This will not just create another world class sporting facility in the city, it will also create jobs and other opportunities for local residents."

He added: "It's one of the earliest manifestations of how the partnership between Manchester City Football Club, the council and New East Manchester will deliver significant community and economic benefits in the years ahead.

"As we go into an Olympic year, this will also help cement the city's reputation as a place where sporting talent is nurtured."

The complex is to be built on land that the club has purchased in the area over the last two years.

Forming a large part of what Manchester City is calling the Etihad Campus, it will cater for up to 400 young players, 40 of whom will be accommodated and schooled on site.

I should actually be working at the moment.....but stuff it biggrin.png Actually, all the Saudi's are starting to like Xmas cos there aren't many expats around and they can all slope off.

Anyway, looking through the papers and found a few intersting (well for me anyway) stats.

• City are the first team for 49 years to score 50 goals in their first 16 top-flight matches (and the ninth club to achieve this in the history of English football).
  • They have only once failed to score in their 26 matches (in all competitions) this season.
  • Roberto Mancini's side are looking to keep three consecutive clean sheets for the first time this season.
  • With five goals so far, David Silva has already beaten last season's tally of four.