Manchester City

mrbojangles

biggrin.png

Yes. Those 6 we stroked past you could become very expensive.

Dream on,that goal difference will dwindle now and you know it.....let's be honest here Mr Jingles you haven't been exactly prolific have you lately?? tongue.png

I don't know if you've noticed but recently we have only had Aguero available as a true striker. So we ain't doing too bad.

You been overdoing the Valpolicella again mrboj! No strikers....if only....you can borrow Pav for Sunday....biggrin.png

Dzecko has been injured? really i thought he played the last two games and scored in one.and has been on the bench!

Ballendotelli has been injured ...he broke his finger nail.

Can't believe you are complaining with the means at your disposal tongue.png

Some interesting stats for tomorrow's game.

City scored more goals at White Hart Lane in August (5) than they had managed against Spurs in the previous six games put together (3).

Man City have taken 58 points from a possible 60 in their last 20 Premier League games on home soil and won the last 15 in a row.

Roberto Mancini's side have conceded just six goals in their last 17 home league games and never more than once in a game in that run.

Tottenham have lost just one of their last nine Premier League away matches (W6 D2 L1).

Spurs have kept just one clean sheet in their last eight Premier League away games.

Man City have lost their last two home matches; they haven't lost three on the trot at home in all competitions since March 2007.

Just 5% of the goals Spurs have scored have been headers, the lowest proportion in the top division.

Samir Nasri has created a scoring chance for team-mates every 24 minutes, a more regular rate than any other player.

Gareth Bale has assisted seven goals in the Premier League this season; more than in his previous four Premier League seasons put together (6).

And some more stats.

Since the beginning of last year 2011.....

1. City have scored in every home game in the Premier League

2. At the same time no club has scored more than one goal against them at the Emirates in League matches.

3. The have dropped just 2 points, winning every game except a draw against Fulham last February

However....

4. Their last two cup games make these stats look like nonsense. They lost them both at the Emirates. They let in 3 goals against United and failed to score against Liverpool..

• Like 1

City scored more goals at White Hart Lane in August (5) than they had managed against Spurs in the previous six games put together (3).

Man City have taken 58 points from a possible 60 in their last 20 Premier League games on home soil and won the last 15 in a row.

Roberto Mancini's side have conceded just six goals in their last 17 home league games and never more than once in a game in that run.

Tottenham have lost just one of their last nine Premier League away matches (W6 D2 L1).

Spurs have kept just one clean sheet in their last eight Premier League away games.

Man City have lost their last two home matches; they haven't lost three on the trot at home in all competitions since March 2007.

Just 5% of the goals Spurs have scored have been headers, the lowest proportion in the top division.

Samir Nasri has created a scoring chance for team-mates every 24 minutes, a more regular rate than any other player.

Gareth Bale has assisted seven goals in the Premier League this season; more than in his previous four Premier League seasons put together (6).

And some more stats.

2. At the same time no club has scored more than one goal against them at the Emirates in League matches.

3. The have dropped just 2 points, winning every game except a draw against Fulham last February

However....

4. Their last two cup games make these stats look like nonsense. They lost them both at the Emirates. They let in 3 goals against United and failed to score against Liverpool..

5. Half their team is missing.

6. mrboj is terrified his lickle team is gonna get a pasting from our first eleven...revenge for the WHL game.

7. If Modders don't play his best game of the season smokie will be very pissed off. Forgiven but not forgotten that.

Abrak

There is no such thing as half points! (Not since they got rid of the 2 for a win a and 1 for a draw) pre premiership!

Grow up!

x

Sorry, i apologise, i will bet you 200k that no team finish on a xx+ 0.5 points, by the end of the season!

Your comment is great.

I wonder whether it will trend on twitter soon.

• Like 1

And some more stats.

However....

5. Half their team is missing.

6. mrboj is terrified his lickle team is gonna get a pasting from our first eleven...revenge for the WHL game.

7. If Modders don't play his best game of the season smokie will be very pissed off. Forgiven but not forgotten that.

I honestly believe that we can do them 3-1 (or 2-1) if that's in my banker prediction! They're in trouble, we've wobbled but not broke! COYS! Sorry, wrong thread! i can actually see us, walking through you!

I definitely it is a huge game tonight. Spurs winning the league is a long shot but the odds change big time if you were to win tonight. It will at least give you a fair chance.

I would like Spurs to win but I am not optimistic. Teams that are aggressive against City tend to get slaughtered, Statisticallly you need low possession to win against City. But I am sure that if Spurs were to choose anytime to play City at home it would be about now. I am genuinely puzzled why many people expect Spurs to do so badly over the remains of the season - I have perhaps I have missed something fairly obvious.

I definitely it is a huge game tonight. Spurs winning the league is a long shot but the odds change big time if you were to win tonight. It will at least give you a fair chance.

I have perhaps I have missed something fairly obvious.

The game is tomorrow night! laugh.png

Dzecko has been injured? really i thought he played the last two games and scored in one.and has been on the bench!

Ballendotelli has been injured ...he broke his finger nail.

Can't believe you are complaining with the means at your disposal tongue.png

I wasn't complaining. I was answering your question. You said we hadn't been prolific lately and our goal diff is dwindling. We have (had) 4 strikers, Tevez, Dzecko, Aguero and Ballotelli. Tevez is out for obvious reasons, Ballotelli has been injured and Dzecko (even though I think he's <deleted> anyway) had been carrying an injury and hadn't really been featuring much until a couple of weeks ago.

I think it's Howard Webb tomorrow. Oh <deleted> joy !!

I did laugh when i saw that! We are very overdue for a dodgy decision or two in our favour.

Having taken the odd glance over some City blogs/websites MrB i sense a certain nervousness in the blue camp.

You know were really going to go for it don't you....thumbsup.gif

Having taken the odd glance over some City blogs/websites MrB i sense a certain nervousness in the blue camp.

That's because we know youré a good team and not the same one that we played at the start of the season. I think most teams should be nervous when playing you.

I hope so. Too many have come and closed the shop lately. Not that I'm complaining as it shows they fear us but it doesn't make a good spectacle to watch. I think this will be a cracker.

That's because we know youré a good team and not the same one that we played at the start of the season. I think most teams should be nervous when playing you.

I hope so. Too many have come and closed the shop lately. Not that I'm complaining as it shows they fear us but it doesn't make a good spectacle to watch. I think this will be a cracker.

Agreed. A lot rests on how either side deals with the threats of Bale and Silva. Expect Bale to be playing a much more central role. Must admit i'm really looking forward to this one.

From Skysports:-

Mancini - Ade'd been handy

City boss admits injuries left him light on attacking options

Roberto Mancini admits he could have used Emmanuel Adebayor at Manchester City in recent weeks. The Togo international found himself surplus to requirements at the Etihad Stadium and spent the second half of last season on loan at Real Madrid. He was signed in 2009 for £25million by former boss Mark Hughes, but Mancini said he could not find a regular spot for him in the team and he signed a season-long loan deal with Tottenham in the summer.

However, with Carlos Tevez now out of favour at the club following his long-running dispute with Mancini, and Edin Dzeko and Mario Balotelli both missing games through injury this month, City have been left with Sergio Aguero as their only fit recognised forward. When asked whether he might have liked to have called upon Adebayor in those circumstances, Mancini said: "Probably, probably - but we didn't know with Carlos what would happen in Munich.

"We had four strikers. I think with four strikers you can play one year. I am happy for Manu because he is playing very well for Tottenham."

Not Playing

Mancini will not have to face Adebayor on Sunday as he is not allowed to play against his parent club under the terms of his loan deal. Whilst that comes as a relief to the City boss, he is not sure that the player has a future in Manchester when his loan deal at Spurs expires. He said: "I don't know in this moment.

"I said I am happy because I watched a lot of games and he has played very well, scored a lot of goals. "Sometimes it is possible that you have a situation like this - you have good players but he wants to play always. This is difficult in a top team. "When you have three or four strong strikers you need to change. If you have one striker who needs to play always it is not easy."

Three horse race

The Italian also feels that Sunday's opponents are the only team that can challenge the two Manchester clubs for the title. He added: "I think in this moment there are three clubs - City, [Manchester] United and Tottenham who can win the title. "After that, maybe Chelsea because things can change in the next four or five games. But I think to recover 10, 11 points on three teams is difficult. "I think Tottenham are one of the best teams in the Barclays Premier League, like Arsenal, like Chelsea. They are a strong team."

Thrashing

City thrashed Tottenham 5-1 at White Hart Lane in August; however Mancini knows that this will be a very different tie. We played five months ago. It was totally different, it was their second match. "When you start the season anything can happen because maybe all the squad are not ready to play 100%. You maybe need four, five or six games to be confident. "Now it is different and I think Tottenham are one of the best teams. "They have 20-22 international players, and they are not all young players. For me they can win the title. "It is better to lose one time 5-1 than five times 1-0. "You can take one bad day when you concede three, four or five goals - it can happen. It happened to United, to Arsenal."

If Spurs go all out attack they will get beat i fear,a first half of containing football is a good ploy as has been shown lately against City...then build up the pressure on them with breakaways.

Frustration is the key, City fans soon forget how quick they have rose to the top of the league and expect it all at once now similar to a spoilt brat wanting his sweets before his dinner.

Could be a nil nil in the end.

If Spurs go all out attack they will get beat i fear,a first half of containing football is a good ploy as has been shown lately against City...then build up the pressure on them with breakaways.

Frustration is the key, City fans soon forget how quick they have rose to the top of the league and expect it all at once now similar to a spoilt brat wanting his sweets before his dinner.

Reckon we will start with Sandro and Parker, looking to bring on VDV second half depending on how things pan out. No chance of us doing anything too silly.

Reckon we will start with Sandro and Parker, looking to bring on VDV second half depending on how things pan out. No chance of us doing anything too silly.

Sandro is still injured. That is unless Harry is lying!!ohmy.png

• Like 1

Agreed. I think carmine is guilty of wishful thinking. Yes, City might be considered as there for the taking, but you don't go to the top team in the league and go in all gung-ho, let's give them a spanking. Not unless you want to get spanked yourself. First half they'll be having a look at each other. Second half might get more interesting. Hope i'm wrong of course. Be nice to see a right old humdinger.

Agreed. I think carmine is guilty of wishful thinking. Yes, City might be considered as there for the taking, but you don't go to the top team in the league and go in all gung-ho, let's give them a spanking. Not unless you want to get spanked yourself. First half they'll be having a look at each other. Second half might get more interesting. Hope i'm wrong of course. Be nice to see a right old humdinger.

All i said was were going to go for it as we actually do in every game and try to win. Please don't miss quote me chaps.

We won't be gung ho either. But, if you can't see our pace (Walker Bale Lennon) is our big strength then i don't know what to say. I also think we are a decent enough side to go there and do a little bit more than defend looking for the odd breakaway.

We shall see.

City fans soon forget how quick they have rose to the top of the league and expect it all at once now similar to a spoilt brat wanting his sweets before his dinner.

I think you are confusing us with.....erm......erm.........you lot. We know only too well how far we have come but still easily remember our roller coaster.

The only good thing about the result is that we will now have a steady stream of 'arry court case threads' all week. That is good news right?

Smokes will throw out a new topic on who owns liverpool to divert abby, carmine and dev. By tues, a few barbs will be thrown migsy's way because misery loves company.

By friday, they will be signing neymar again and winning the league?

Sorry, not really city related other than you be the precursor to the inevitable diversionary posting tactics of the failed charge of the lilly white brigade.

The only good thing about the result is that we will now have a steady stream of 'arry court case threads' all week. That is good news right?

Smokes will throw out a new topic on who owns liverpool to divert abby, carmine and dev. By tues, a few barbs will be thrown migsy's way because misery loves company.

By friday, they will be signing neymar again and winning the league?

Sorry, not really city related other than you be the precursor to the inevitable diversionary posting tactics of the failed charge of the lilly white brigade.

4 o'clock in the morning james and still on the sauce..huh.png

So here are the revised bookie's season ending points (IG Index - mid spread)

City 88.25

Utd 84.25

Spurs 75.25

Chelsea 71.25

Arsenal 65.25

Liverpool 64.25

Newcastle 54.25

Race for 4th, seems to be becoming a race to try and give 4th up.

City 88.25

Utd 84.25

Spurs 75.25

Chelsea 71.25

Arsenal 65.25

Liverpool 64.25

Newcastle 54.25

A very apposite comment if I may say Abrak!

Apposite: adjective: Being of striking appropriateness and relevance; very applicable (definition added for the Mancs wai.gif ).

Unlucky you Spurs - had you down for 2-2 or 2-3 and I was feeling pretty smug about that (though I would have probably revised that had I twigged that Adebaddie would be loan-blocked) until the last gasp.

Shame that Balotelli will get less punishment for trying to strip the flesh off Parker's face than Suarez got. 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... hell, now you're talking'. I thought Lescotts forearm was less obvious in it's intent.

Excellent spectacle after an awfully cagey first half. Bale's goal was way better than Assou E's lucky deflection that the TV pundits all wrongly raved about (it would otherwise have been saved) a week or so ago.

Edited by SantiSuk

City 88.25

Utd 84.25

Spurs 75.25

Chelsea 71.25

Arsenal 65.25

Liverpool 64.25

Newcastle 54.25

A very apposite comment if I may say Abrak!

Apposite: adjective: Being of striking appropriateness and relevance; very applicable (definition added for the Mancs wai.gif ).

Unlucky you Spurs - had you down for 2-2 or 2-3 and I was feeling pretty smug about that (though I would have probably revised that had I twigged that Adebaddie would be loan-blocked) until the last gasp.

Shame that Balotelli will get less punishment for trying to strip the flesh off Parker's face than Suarez got. 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... hell, now you're talking'. I thought Lescotts forearm was less obvious in it's intent.

Excellent spectacle after an awfully cagey first half. Bale's goal was way better than Assou E's lucky deflection that the TV pundits all wrongly raved about (it would otherwise have been saved) a week or so ago.

Kind of dispells the myth that Balotelli's some loveable eccentric doesn'it.

Lescotts was a staight red, end of story. I've seen it half a dozen times. No doubt about it.

I wonder if the boot had been on the other face whether Mancini would have been mincing up the touchline waving his little red card? I also found it amusing he couldn't man up and the face the press and sent the partially sighted David egg head Platt to talk a load of cobblers.

You must be very proud. biggrin.png