Manchester City

mrbojangles

So the FA have not bothered to charge Lescott for his forearm smash? Talk about favourtism or is it that two players from one team cannot be brought to book because that would be just wrong.

So the FA have not bothered to charge Lescott for his forearm smash? Talk about favourtism or is it that two players from one team cannot be brought to book because that would be just wrong.

Spot on there MrRed, there's a first time for everything i suppose 41.gif

Sorry i just despise <deleted> like Ballotelli angry.png

Going over old ground here, but what would have happened to him if he'd had done that to someone on the street instead of a football pitch ?

Mr Terry gets nicked for his out of turn comment but in the police's view it's ok to stamp on someones ead.

Edited by alfieconn

The ref apparently saw that incident and chose not to award a card. There was no significant reaction from his Spurs team mates. Harry presumably saw that video too before the TV commentators got to him and he made no issue of it. Lescott does not have 'form'.

Intent not proven. Just one of those clashes that happens in the heat of battle. Stop whingeing you Spudsviolin.gif

You guys are sounding like sore losers. Lescott's has been looked at and no further charges, end of. Balotelli has an hearing and will get a deserved ban.

I dunno why Lescott keeps getting mentioned but when you lose like that to a penalty from a complete tosser who didn't deserve to be on the pitch then yes mrboj it does leave you feeling sore.

Fact remains if the ref had done his job properly the score would have been 2-2.

I dunno why Lescott keeps getting mentioned but when you lose like that to a penalty from a complete tosser who didn't deserve to be on the pitch then yes mrboj it does leave you feeling sore.

Fact remains if the ref had done his job properly the score would have been 2-2.

So, you admit that you could still only have drawn if we were down to ten men. How many other teams do you need to be down to ten men, to get a draw out of them? The game is played by 11 men on each team. You should have been able to handle those players on the park and persue any "wrong doings" later. Plenty of teams week in, week out, get bad decisions.

Right. I'm leaving the hotel, picking the wife and daughter up and getting out of dodge. Back to civilisation and I'll get the scores up tonight.

The ref apparently saw that incident and chose not to award a card. There was no significant reaction from his Spurs team mates. Harry presumably saw that video too before the TV commentators got to him and he made no issue of it. Lescott does not have 'form'.

Intent not proven. Just one of those clashes that happens in the heat of battle. Stop whingeing you Spudsviolin.gif

Just because the ref saw it and decided to take no action doesn't mean it didn't happen ! from a front on view it was very difficult to see and showed up more on a side view and that is how craig burley and like came to their conclusion.

As for a reaction from spurs players, we are not chels or man u and take decisions against us with a bit of dignity and self control, in fact there wasn't even a reaction to the Balotelli incident so that doesn't mean anything.

So, you admit that you could still only have drawn if we were down to ten men. How many other teams do you need to be down to ten men, to get a draw out of them? The game is played by 11 men on each team. You should have been able to handle those players on the park and persue any "wrong doings" later. Plenty of teams week in, week out, get bad decisions.

Right. I'm leaving the hotel, picking the wife and daughter up and getting out of dodge. Back to civilisation and I'll get the scores up tonight.

Yes you will. At least you had the decency not to crow about it. Your team played well and it could have gone either way but....well Balotelli is truly a c***.

No point in repeating myself. I'm leaving this thread alone now until I stop simmering.

Edit: Have a safe drive.

Edited by smokie36

I am quite impressed with the way that City are handling the Tevez affair. I dont think anyone would really blame them if they sold him to the first club that offered a few quid for his services - simply to get on with life.

And actually most english supporters will be happy when he has gone.

At present he is not being paid, not playing football and he might now start appreciating that being a total asshol_e isnt very productive.

Just because the ref saw it and decided to take no action doesn't mean it didn't happen ! from a front on view it was very difficult to see and showed up more on a side view and that is how craig burley and like came to their conclusion.

As for a reaction from spurs players, we are not chels or man u and take decisions against us with a bit of dignity and self control, in fact there wasn't even a reaction to the Balotelli incident so that doesn't mean anything.

Good reply there alfie.

So presumably now that forearm smashes are legal in the premier league they'll be some major injuries over coming weeks. Lescott might be a mong, and yes i sympathise with him over that but at the end of the day, mong or not, he still has to stand by the rules as any other normal looking player.

At present he is not being paid,

Are you sure about that?

As for english supporters being happy when he has gone, yeah well, a lot of United supporters were happy when he left our club, and we said he was trouble, but got told we were being sour and just saying that cos he went to City. It wasn't true.

All footballers have egos, but that's one thing, this man thinks everything has to revolve around him, and when it doesn't, he can't handle it. Pity the club that ends up taking him on.

At present he is not being paid,

Are you sure about that?

As for english supporters being happy when he has gone, yeah well, a lot of United supporters were happy when he left our club, and we said he was trouble, but got told we were being sour and just saying that cos he went to City. It wasn't true.

All footballers have egos, but that's one thing, this man thinks everything has to revolve around him, and when it doesn't, he can't handle it. Pity the club that ends up taking him on.

I obviously 'dont know' anything. However, there is a story running in most of today's papers 'presumably put out by City' along the lines.

We stopped paying him at the end of November

We deemed he had breached his contract and fined him six week wages

He appealed to City and we rejected his appeal

He can appeal to the FA but has yet to do so.

So far, lack of loyalty payments, fines and non-payment of salary has cost him 9.3m

....so I assuming that it is the case....

I obviously 'dont know' anything. However, there is a story running in most of today's papers 'presumably put out by City' along the lines.

So far, lack of loyalty payments, fines and non-payment of salary has cost him 9.3m

Well you are better informed than me mate, so it is me who "knows nothing".

Anyway, that's good to hear. Good for City for standing up to the knob.

Well you are better informed than me mate, so it is me who "knows nothing".

Anyway, that's good to hear. Good for City for standing up to the knob.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2091227/Carlos-Tevez-feud-cost-9-3m.html

Reported here

Refreshing to read for once about a club not being dictated to by a player. Perhaps City learnt something from all the Robinho nonsense.

Yes it is good to see a club not being dictated too by a player but it helps if you are a club that can afford to leave him out. Regardless of that its good to see.

The fact is the referee didn't see it.He was looking upfield when the clash occured and only ordered the game to be stopped, when he saw Parker injured and holding his head.After Parker was treated, did he then order a drop ball.

I didn't see the stamping incident,in real time,and neither did ,Burley or another other commentator,so before you start slating the referee,did anybody,hand on heart,see the Balotelli stamp in real time?

The fact is the referee didn't see it.He was looking upfield when the clash occured and only ordered the game to be stopped, when he saw Parker injured and holding his head.After Parker was treated, did he then order a drop ball.

I didn't see the stamping incident,in real time,and neither did ,Burley or another other commentator,so before you start slating the referee,did anybody,hand on heart,see the Balotelli stamp in real time?

Yes i did quite clearly and anyone that was watching and didn't must be partially sighted at best

Edited by carmine

Now last night was what I call robbed by cr4p refereeing. Dzecko got the ball in the Liverpool box and got kicked from behind, penalty not given. Micah Richards goes in to clear the ball in our penalty area, the ball richochets off his foot and hits his hand, penalty to Liverpool. There was others but the laughable one was Kolarov getting booked for kicking the........wait for it..........the ball! Blimey of all the things to do on a football pitch.

Anyway, nothing we can do about it now.

Now last night was what I call robbed by cr4p refereeing. Dzecko got the ball in the Liverpool box and got kicked from behind, penalty not given. Micah Richards goes in to clear the ball in our penalty area, the ball richochets off his foot and hits his hand, penalty to Liverpool. There was others but the laughable one was Kolarov getting booked for kicking the........wait for it..........the ball! Blimey of all the things to do on a football pitch.

As i said recently MrB, the game is just too fast now in the premier league for a ref to be expected to gets things right. This season the decisions have been consistently aweful. Its not their fault because what they are being asked to do, baring in mind the speed of the modern game is simply ludicrous. Video replays are very long overdue and the game is suffering because of it.

As i said recently MrB, the game is just too fast now in the premier league for a ref to be expected to gets things right. This season the decisions have been consistently aweful. Its not their fault because what they are being asked to do, baring in mind the speed of the modern game is simply ludicrous. Video replays are very long overdue and the game is suffering because of it.

Spot on Carms. I've been an advocate for video tech for years.

It all evens out in the end? In the space of two matches Man City reap the benefits and then experience the heartbreak of dodgy decisions.

I was happy to see Man City beat Spurs as anyone but Man U will do for me at the top and of course delighted to see my club going to its first cup final in 6 years, is it? Wow, long time hope you can cede us a little luck! Cheers!

But really, bad decisions, at full speed I can understand why he may have thought it was possibly a penalty but i can't see why he'd be 100% sure to give it.

In any case, I think Liverpool deserved it on the balance of play and even Hart said Liverpool deserved to go through and that City hadn't done much, except score two goals out of nothing, of course. smile.png

But this is football, these things happen all the time and nothing you can do about it. I think Liverpool deserved it overall and wish City well in the League! Heck, depending on the teams you put out you could go ahead and take the Europa League as well. Could be yet another Man City - Man U derby in a cup tie yet, this season.

edit: Also I never noticed the Kolorav booking or at least I don't remember it. Also the lfc.tv website did not have him down for a card but I checked BBC and they did, so guess I missed that.

And as for Adam's kick on Dzeko, if you watch the replay the ref was in a poor position to give that. If he had had a better view of it, could have been given a penalty.

Edited by Jimjim

I can't see Man U or Man City getting to the Europa League Cup final. Their second teams will get caught out by enthusiastic second tier continental clubs somewhere along the line. Can't see SAF or Mancini fielding much of a first team while there is still a Premier League battle going on between age-old town rivals. Only if one or the other falls well out of contention for top England & Wales slot in say the next 4 or 5 weeks will we see a Manchester finalist.

Well your manager has said the Balotelli four match ban is wrong. Funny how he decided not to contest it isn't it?

It appears to the rest of the World that he's at least half as much a tool as his Italian counterpart.

Mr Mancini has been making a fool of himself recently and should be advised by the club to button it.

Well your manager has said the Balotelli four match ban is wrong. Funny how he decided not to contest it isn't it?

It appears to the rest of the World that he's at least half as much a tool as his Italian counterpart.

Mr Mancini has been making a fool of himself recently and should be advised by the club to button it.

Maybe he should take lessons from Harry eh cos Harry is the perfect example of how a Manager should behave. Kettle, black. Give over man, I can't think of a single manager who hasn't at some point come out with rubbish and English is their first language.

Maybe he should take lessons from Harry eh cos Harry is the perfect example of how a Manager should behave. Kettle, black. Give over man, I can't think of a single manager who hasn't at some point come out with rubbish and English is their first language.

You know i'm not a fan of Harry either. All i'm saying is he should keep quiet and get on with it. His card waving antics don't help either. He has a squad more than capable of doing his talking and if he doesn't he'll leave the door open for ferguson to make a fool of him just like he did with Keegan

• Like 1