Manchester City

mrbojangles

Vinny is out, pretty happy about that. Coutinho out, you'd be pretty happy about that.

i hope Pep is game to run with 3 at the back, be prepared for carnage if he does, LFC are on it and I don't think you are quite ready yet. 

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Vinny is out, pretty happy about that. Coutinho out, you'd be pretty happy about that.

i hope Pep is game to run with 3 at the back, be prepared for carnage if he does, LFC are on it and I don't think you are quite ready yet. 

Yeah about Coutinho but not happy about Vinny. Really think after all of his injuries he should retire from international duty and concentrate on his club football.

I think he might slot Mangala into Vinny's position and play 4 at the back with Danilo, Otamendi and Mendy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

We are one injury away from the same problem, madness really

Yep. I hate Pep's slack attitude about defending. Smart guy but possibly too cute for his own good. I had City 3-2 tomorrow. Would reverse that now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah about Coutinho but not happy about Vinny. Really think after all of his injuries he should retire from international duty and concentrate on his club football.

I think he might slot Mangala into Vinny's position and play 4 at the back with Danilo, Otamendi and Mendy

Kompany is hardly going to pack in playing for Belgium with the World Cup coming up. They have to have a fair chance of winning the thing.

We can expect a few "calf strains" this season all accross the Prem. Most will make a full recovery around 6 weeks before season end. Hazard will be the most susceptable, is my guess.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Fingers crossed MrB. Is Stones available ? Stones or Mangala trying to keep up with Liverpool's pace will be frightening.

I hope Karius starts. That boy looks like a deer staring at headlights.

43 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Fingers crossed MrB. Is Stones available ? Stones or Mangala trying to keep up with Liverpool's pace will be frightening.

I hope Karius starts. That boy looks like a deer staring at headlights.

Migs tomorrow Jelly 

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I knew Liverpool had a good record against the top teams but didn't realise it was this good. No doubt it'll be a hard game tomorrow

Liverpool have best win percentage against the top six clubs since Jurgen Klopp took charge

Under Klopp, Liverpool have won a table-topping 47 per cent of league games and claimed 33 points from 18 head-to-heads against Tottenham, Manchester City, Arsenal or Manchester United - only losing one fixture to United in January last year.

table1.JPG

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11021574/liverpool-have-best-win-percentage-against-the-top-six-clubs-since-jurgen-klopp-took-charge

That table is a treat to be honest. Your man Pep has an absolutely awful record in that league. Truly Arseneesque post Vieira years.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

More pointless drivel.

Thanks for the contribution.

Anytime. When you make a point drivel may swivel. Until then your fair game. Speaking of which. Tough game tomorrow for you. Draw. So that will be 4 points in 4 games. The 72 pt  target is getting tougher to hit. Add to that your in the CL which will turn into the Europa League and you are done. Oh yes I forgot you ain't got a home too. Ouch. But on second thoughts have you seen your fixtures no wonder you lot have gone mouse. Dortmund,  WHU few more tasty draw or losses. 14 pts from first 10 games for you. But as long as it's easy on the eye right!

17 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Anytime. When you make a point drivel may swivel. Until then your fair game. Speaking of which. Tough game tomorrow for you. Draw. So that will be 4 points in 4 games. The 72 pt  target is getting tougher to hit. Add to that your in the CL which will turn into the Europa League and you are done. Oh yes I forgot you ain't got a home too. Ouch. But on second thoughts have you seen your fixtures no wonder you lot have gone mouse. Dortmund,  WHU few more tasty draw or losses. 14 pts from first 10 games for you. But as long as it's easy on the eye right!

And we have more of the drivel.

13 hours ago, jellydog said:

Vinny out with a calf issue. 0 f*****g $ spent on centre-backs. Absolute f*****g madness.

jd, i said they also needed another Centre half when they bought Stones, it's not rocket science is it ? you even got rid of Kolarov who done a bit of a job for you last year in that position, still i suppose Mangala can be the man :biggrin:

Kompany is THE player we didn't want to be missing today. Massive boost for scousers.

Pep is a bit like Pellegrini in that he lacks caution. He believes every game he can win if he plays his game but there are games, like Monaco away, when you need to play not to concede a goal and anything after that is a bonus. So I fully expect a very attacking team selection, City to go for it, Liverpool to chase down and play counter attacking football.

Since the Sheik took over we've banished all demons (we no longer fear ManU and Arsenal) except one, Liverpool who always up their game against us, which is Anfield.

Should be interesting. Like Bob, I think maybe it suits Liverpool more playing now as we're still not up to speed and bedding in players, team selection and formations.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Kompany is THE player we didn't want to be missing today. Massive boost for scousers.

Pep is a bit like Pellegrini in that he lacks caution. He believes every game he can win if he plays his game but there are games, like Monaco away, when you need to play not to concede a goal and anything after that is a bonus. So I fully expect a very attacking team selection, City to go for it, Liverpool to chase down and play counter attacking football.

Since the Sheik took over we've banished all demons (we no longer fear ManU and Arsenal) except one, Liverpool who always up their game against us, which is Anfield.

Should be interesting. Like Bob, I think maybe it suits Liverpool more playing now as we're still not up to speed and bedding in players, team selection and formations.

You've been bedding in player's, team selection and formations for the last 3 season's !!!

• Haha 1

City's team sheet. Going for it. Do or die

3-1-4-2

31 Ederson Santana de Moraes

3 Danilo

5 John Stones

30 Nicolas Otamendi

25 Fernandinho

2 Kyle Walker

17 Kevin De Bruyne

21 David Silva (c)

22 Benjamin Mendy

10 Sergio Aguero

33 Gabriel Fernando de Jesus

Subs

1 Claudio Bravo

8 IIkay Gundogan

15 Eliaquim Mangala

18 Fabian Delph

19 Leroy Sane

20 Bernardo Silva

47 Phil Foden

A very pleasing performance from City, even given the sending off of Mane. Much better organized and direct. You have to say that Pep got it right today.  So many positives-Aguero and Jesus playing well together, Mendy down the left side, KDB a joy to watch, Fernandinho and others. Ederson was solid before the collision.

And Bravo didn't give up a goal.:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

A very pleasing performance from City, even given the sending off of Mane. Much better organized and direct. You have to say that Pep got it right today.  So many positives-Aguero and Jesus playing well together, Mendy down the left side, KDB a joy to watch, Fernandinho and others. Ederson was solid before the collision.

And Bravo didn't give up a goal.:thumbsup:

Glad we're not playing you next week.

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Glad we're not playing you next week.

Spurs looked good as well Ronaldinho. Classy work.

Tough to believe City lost points against Everton. They have looked wretched the last two games.