Micro Ants Are Driving Us Crazy

praglen

My girl friend and I see (and she gets bitten) by the tiniest ants on the planet. I know we're not as food-left-on-tables-and-floor conscious as we should be and that has to change. But what is a product that we can buy to spray,powder, trap or otherwise use to say Sayonara to these critters and where can we buy it?

The best thing I have found are ARS Ant Killers.

Package looks like this:

Ars-59-4318.jpg

Available at all the major supermarkets.

When you put the poison in the traps, add a few granules of sugar to attract the ants.

Spread several of them them around and for us, the ants disappeared.

Yep, and with those TINY buggers, really really fast.

Ants be gone!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Package looks like this:

180x180xArs-59-4318.jpg.pagespeed.ic.IS2

When you put the poison in the traps, add a few granules of sugar to attract the ants.

Ants be gone!

I'll second that, ARS works a treat, you see many other sachets of similar poisons but they are quite useless. Just leave the container close to their nest or somewhere on their trail, they take it back to the nest and the whole colony feeds on it, but not for long !.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Package looks like this:

180x180xArs-59-4318.jpg.pagespeed.ic.IS2

Ants be gone!

I'll second that, ARS works a treat, you see many other sachets of similar poisons but they are quite useless. Just leave the container close to their nest or somewhere on their trail, they take it back to the nest and the whole colony feeds on it, but not for long !.

Yes I also used this and it works great on Ants that like food. The little buggers invaded my bread and box of cereal. BUT !! the really tiny ants will not eat this stuff. I found them around the cooking burner so I used hot water and soap to clean area very good and the ants disappeared. My dad used to call them grease Ants because they like grease. You could try washing area with Bleach water also. Hope this helps

talking about ants ....

not sure what these ants or tiny bugs are but I have sprayed and powdered around and they still turn up a few days later.

They are tiny ... approximately 1/2 millimeter in length .. white or grey in color.

They are not prevalent as in groups ... usually it's just one at a time crawling across the computer desk and I have seen one or two come out from my monitor speaker holes, or if I open a notepad to write something I will see one on the paper.

Also noticed one downstairs on the reception bench top so it's not just my room.

Anyone have any idea what they might be ?

just curious .... thanks wai2.gif

In general, I abide by the "live and let live" philosophy, but pragmatism interferes when I get tired of ant bites. In a rented townhouse, the bed appeared to be on an established ant path. On a regular basis, a trail of ants would traverse the bed, and I would have a ring of ant bites where the path intersected with my legs while I slept. I would put a small pile of the yellow ARS granules down and within a day, no more ants, but a month or so later, it was "lather, rinse, repeat."

I'm also not fond of the ants who like to crawl into my electronics. They get a good meal of ARS granules, as well.

Bless them and their limited brain cells, but I have a tolerance threshold.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've struggled with ants for years in my condo. Tried all of the above and nothing worked. They every got thru the baby powder to my cats food.

I found an ant killing gel from Bayer at Foodland. Just amazing stuff and my place is now ant free. It comes in a tube and is located with the rest of the bug killing chemicals at Foodland.

• Like 1

Agreed the product showed in the pic above gets the best result when the ants are encouraged to "take the bait".

Keep in mind there are sugar eating ants and meat eating ants, so use the correct bait to attract them. A series of test baits to see what they prefer will get the desired results quickly.

Whenever food or rests of food are in the open, scout ants will discover it in no time at all and communicate it back to the nest by way of I-Phone.

Even every small TESCO Express has (in the beauty-section) a cheap Cologne called "MAX Cologne spray". Spray the little buggers with it and all of them will stop to move, because it will kill them within 2 seconds. Guaranteed. Unlike Pattaya bar-stool philosophers, I suppose they can't stand the alcohol content of the liquid. Works for other Micro-Bugs including bedbugs.

Has other advantages. After treatment, your home will have a nice smell of cologne. Better smell than your dirty socks in the corner. Wife/GF will confirm.

Again, it's called "MAX Cologne spray".

Cheers.

Whenever food or rests of food are in the open, scout ants will discover it in no time at all and communicate it back to the nest by way of I-Phone.

Even every small TESCO Express has (in the beauty-section) a cheap Cologne called "MAX Cologne spray". Spray the little buggers with it and all of them will stop to move, because it will kill them within 2 seconds. Guaranteed. Unlike Pattaya bar-stool philosophers, I suppose they can't stand the alcohol content of the liquid. Works for other Micro-Bugs including bedbugs.

Has other advantages. After treatment, your home will have a nice smell of cologne. Better smell than your dirty socks in the corner. Wife/GF will confirm.

Again, it's called "MAX Cologne spray".

Cheers.

Good tips

But who wears "socks"..... or for that matter....... "Trainers" ......in this heat

^^^

Not being funny here but could they be a colony of albino ants ?

I once found a colony of totally white cockroaches apparently due to them breeding in a totally dark environment.

we used to find those deep underground in the copper mines in Zambia. Rumor was that they existed on crumbs from the miners lunches or cigarette smoke.

Shanjia Brand And killer works! The worker ants feed it to the queen and all of them die. Warning: Do not put this product in a place where kids or pets can eat it. You only need a small amount. You can find it in most open-air Thai markets.

attachicon.gifDeath to Ants.jpg

I mixed this with honey and have had no ants for over 6 months now. Good stuff.

I try really hard to keep all my work surfaces clean. Also wash up immediately with hot water after meals. Normally these little ants don't appear but, occasionally there are a bunch of them. Looking carefully I discovered a very small globule of fat. I could hardly see it!. It appears to bear out an earlier poster who said they were 'grease ants'.

By the way, there was an article on the BBC Science website some time ago. Some boffins had done a research project on how many ants there were in the world. They concluded that the weight of all the ants would be the same - roughly - as the human population!. Gives you some idea of how many there are.

It's almost as bizzare as the project that proved you could get the entire population of the world on the Isle of Man, giving everyone one square foot or something. OMG, an anorak cheesy.gif